Kind of Sad - a Thank You can go a long ways.

jjb54

Now it might be they had a bad day?

I am starting to donate to Mod Creators of specific mods that I feel are worth the $$ to me, in that I would like to see more of "this" or "that" kind of Mods.

Both were over $10.00 and I will leave it at that and no, it was not $11.00 ;)

But in neither case did I get a "Thanks!" - "Thank You!" or "Why did you do this, this mod is not worth that .. but Thanks!"

But sadly neither of them have taken the time. It's been over 1 week to 1.5 weeks with both. Sadly I will not be donating to them again. :(

The Strange thing is - both Mod's Desc. Page encourage "ENDORSE, it means a lot and keeps me motivated and if you want to share of few pennies / dimes, I will not say, "no" to those either."

The above is paraphrased, so as to the avoid "Fall Out".

Now maybe I just gave to the wrong the Mod Creators?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mod Author is not entitled to thank yous in the same way the Mod Users are not entitled to thank yous (or the even the mod itself for that matter). Saying thank you is considerate, and should be appreciated. But no one should feel sad if it doesn't happen. I hate to tell you, but the world is sadly far from perfect. All you can really do is give your endorsement (or donation) and feel god that you personally thanked the author. Find comfort that you did something many never do at all.

Edited by DaddyDirection

The Mod Author is not entitled to thank yous in the same way the Mod Users are not entitled to thank yous (or the even the mod itself for that matter). Saying thank you is considerate, and should be appreciated. But no one should feel sad if it doesn't happen. I hate to tell you, but the world is sadly far from perfect. All you can really do is give your endorsement (or donation) and feel god that you personally thanked the author. Find comfort that you did something many never do at all.

Even a Store Clerk says, "Thank you." A Thank You can go a long way. But you are right, they do not indeed have too. But still it is the polite thing to do.

Understand I'm not looking for too much. Just a Thank You as an acknowledgement is all.

I cannot think of 1 place where I give $$ that I'm not given a Thanks! Thank you ....

But oh well ... maybe Mod Creators are the exception?

Do mod authors even know who donated to them? Is there actually a named list of that stuff?

I send them a message: Would you like a Premium Membership or $$ to them?

They answer and I will respond, when the $$ is transferred: SENT

After that - Nothing. They answered the PM of which .... I acknowledged when the gift was given and NADA after that.

People have been suspended for even mentioning the donate buttons location.

Also, it might be easy for them to miss who donated, I have listened to more then a few modders youtube channels, where they mentioned they got a donation but didn't catch the name of the person who did it. I'd imagine its easy to do if you mod on your off time, so its like a neat, got a donation! Now back to modding!

The mod creators that I have donated to have never thanked me and I didn't even miss it. Rather my donation was my thanks to them and in that I felt fulfilled. This is a hobby (or, at least, it's supposed to be) not a business. You make a modification that you like and graciously upload and share it with others who might like it also. It really isn't beholding to you as the creator to go any further to satisfy others. You owe nobody nothing. As a user of that mod you owe the creator nothing as well as this is share and share alike. For we who have no skill in making mods to share back donating is one way that we can show our appreciation to those that do.

The Rabbit

All right - I'm from a different generation. We were raised with P.K.T.

Polite - Kind - Thoughtful.

We were raised to say, "Thank you." for even the smallest act of kindness.

So I'll drop this and accept that this is apparently a generational thing.

Thanks for the feedback, one and all. I would say I got some education, which is never a bad thing.

People have been suspended for even mentioning the donate buttons location.

Also, it might be easy for them to miss who donated, I have listened to more then a few modders youtube channels, where they mentioned they got a donation but didn't catch the name of the person who did it. I'd imagine its easy to do if you mod on your off time, so its like a neat, got a donation! Now back to modding!

Like I stated - I sent Private Messages asking if they would like "A" or "B" and they responded according to what they wanted the $$ to go for.

But as my above post stated - Apparently this is a generational thing and I am in the older generation.

So all is good. I will still donate to mods with the understanding of what I learned here today. :)

And with that; common courtesy becomes uncommon, ingratitude becomes acceptable and the Golden rule looses it luster.