Nexus Mod Manager enters open beta - download now!

Dark0ne

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm...

i liked this manager, a lot

the idea of having 1 program for all fallout and TES games (except the really old ones) is amazing

thing is, it doesn't have all the functions FOMM and OBMM have, and when you install it, the good ol'trusty mod managers won't work anymore, even after you uninstall it all and install again

Lice23 seems to be having the same problem as mine...

well, i think i will just wait until the NxMM gets a bit away of beta stage ;)

good job guys, keep it up, or lots of ppl including me will be having trouble managing mods...

i hope graphics settings edit comes to the manager soon, i hate having to run to the ini files and modifying them manually xD

btw, i noticed some of you have problems because nxmm doesn't have TESSnip, just use FO3EditFNVEdit until the devs of nxmm get these functions on

it's just like fishing... have patience and you will get the fish...

So why exactly can I not manage my already downloaded/installed mods unless NMM can connect to the servers? As spotty as their servers are I've run into this at least a half dozen times already.

The program should at least be able to start in offline mode so I can disable/enable a mod if Nexus can't get their servers working (for the umpteenth time). Requiring a login to download via the installer links is one thing. Requiring us to be logged in to use the program at all is laughably primitive and a sure way to push people away from your software.

The incentive to use this program if you can't even LAUNCH it when your servers are down evaporates in the face of other options.

Edited by kgk000

^^ so true. the mod manager should have an offline option so that you can use mod manager offline. Doesnt matter if its due to internet problems, power issues or servers being down... it should be useable without the need to be online and the need to connect to the servers.

So why exactly can I not manage my already downloaded/installed mods unless NMM can connect to the servers? As spotty as their servers are I've run into this at least a half dozen times already.

The program should at least be able to start in offline mode so I can disable/enable a mod if Nexus can't get their servers working (for the umpteenth time). Requiring a login to download via the installer links is one thing. Requiring us to be logged in to use the program at all is laughably primitive and a sure way to push people away from your software.

The incentive to use this program if you can't even LAUNCH it when your servers are down evaporates in the face of other options.

Fully agree!!!

Fully agree!!!

have no idea what you two are doing

but NMM works offline for me just fine

in fact I've downloaded on one machine, sneakerneted the file to the other machine and then installed it offline

How come the bug forums don't get any help o_0, like i have hadd an error from FOMM, OBMM,FO3MM, AND the all powerful NMM, and i have posted many times, and seen my specific issue many times. Always neglected and ignored, all the posters being left to say "Hello?, is there anybody there?" but i am here to state some windows 7 user have encountered this problem and received no help. This is the issue:

Tracing an Unhandled Exception:

Exception:

Font 'Verdana' does not support style 'Bold'.

Every mod manager has told me this (Because they run on the same coding) and i have never been helped with this and require a fix.

I have tried all the fixed (to my knowledge) and still have a problem staring me in the face.

Please help me here - http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/tracker/issue-986-crash-on-launch-verdana-bold-problem/

At the link i have the crash dumps and a more detailed description.

Thanks in advance

-GodMod99

Edited by GodMod99

Appreciate the quick reply, thanks. However, yes i did fix the problem finally :biggrin: And it is great to see support, this is a fantastic manager and look forward to future fixes, improvements, and the final release.