LordofWar - 3 Armor Mods Deleted From Database

H00V3RD8M

Bethesda still has to check proof on their own when soemone claims a mod is stolen. A forum thread packed with angry words is not proof. Their own guys have to check that and act on it.

It shouldn't take days/weeks to do that... one of my mods is stolen up there and been up for almost a month with multiple users reporting it. They don't care.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't care, coz mods were stolen from nexus. They have started their own mod repository. The Nexus is surely in parts unwanted competition. So, they simply have to wait it out until the old generation of modders wanders of in disgust or turn their asses in to bethefta, by uploading there first or even exclusively. New modders will emerge over time, bethefta.wtf modders. Eventually bethefta will get what they want. They just have to wait. Another great move was their nvidia contest, driving away even more old guard modders. Simple psychology.

to bad, i really loved the armos and mos you make, really goods work.. im a little disguted by all this stealing mods thing, since this problem modding is quite slow...

And i to bad that the monority f*#@ the others i mean we were quite happy and in general polite to each others but since console mods came out this is like a kindergarden on the nexus comments etc... how do i do , when do u port it... i don't think people understand all the work that is puted in all the good mods out ther ( i can only imagine i never made one mod) but yeah hopping to see this situation finsh one day but, i'm afraid that with skyrim definitive edition that will start the problem all other...

Sorry for my bad english , it's torture to your eyes hahah, but all my appreciation to the modders and respect you keep the games fresh and inovative and for that i love you ( in a platonique way...)

I think people should calm the flip down for a bit. Bethesda is reacting slow to the mod theft issue yes, but it will get sorted out.

Given Bethesda's past history I think your faith in Bethesda to get this "sorted out" is misplaced. Beth has gotten increasingly worse at leaving things undone or taking an ungodly amount of time to fix something if they do indeed fix it.

Here is my guess, they got swamped with technical issues on the site programming. Perhaps understaffed in that department. But I am confident they will sort it out eventually. Now they could have waited until they had more support staff ready to sort out claims of who stole what. But would you rather have the creation kit delayed by months because of that?

You mean, the company is like a kindergarten? That doesn't make any sense. If that's true, you should not be too confident for the company in that bizarre state.
Internet crowd are already making fun of their incompetence but I don't think that's true. Even one man moderation is capable enough to handle certain amount of stuffs in given time. More like they are reluctantly doing the job. They brought DMCA announcement due to public pressure and initially showed some effort. And after the pressure withered away they are slow again. I think it's important to separate "ROFL GOODJOB YOU SUCK" from reasoning why they are not doing the job.
Yeah, it will eventually be sorted out. The pace of users adapting to the environment will come sooner though. Intentionally or not. I don't know.

The problem on Nexus is that everything "bad" that Bethesda does is terribly overexaggerated. To the point where it is hard to keep up with the facts of what actually happened. Bethesda still has to check proof on their own when soemone claims a mod is stolen. A forum thread packed with angry words is not proof. Their own guys have to check that and act on it.

And in the meantime, while they're "checking it out" they could easily hide that mod from view while they do so. Does this open the door for trolls? Of course. But I'd rather see a mod hidden for a week than a modder's work stolen for three.

I like an earlier suggestion made in this thread.

I'd call it a 48- 72 hour "Mod Blackout" where everybody pulls ALL of their mods from Beth net. EVERY.SINGLE.ONE. (Obviously NOT on a Weekend)

Then when the "What happened to all the mod threads?" start, A copy and pasted Manifesto or (whatever it's called) is put up saying, and pointing to the ACTUAL PROBLEM

"Until Bethesda pulls their finger out, and starts actually Moderating the Mods Section, and doing something about stolen mods, mods will not be uploaded here until further notice."

Etc etc, this CLEARLY puts the ball in their court WHERE IT SHOULD BE, because all Bethesda is doing is staying quiet, and expecting this to all 'sort itself out', while giving PC users a free copy of SkyRim so that we can start churning out mods for the people who are paying for SkyRim on Consoles.
I'm sure that SkyRim Extended or whatever is just made up mods here on the Nexus anyway.

Go take a look at those ferns, ivy and mushrooms used in the screenshots, they sure do look like Renthal311's work

Although, after seeing a thread on Bnet where a FONV mod about a murder mystery was almost 100% identical to a quest in Far Harbor, maybe that's why Bethesda doesn't have that much of a problem with mod theft

I like an earlier suggestion made in this thread.

I'd call it a 48- 72 hour "Mod Blackout" where everybody pulls ALL of their mods from Beth net. EVERY.SINGLE.ONE. (Obviously NOT on a Weekend)

Then when the "What happened to all the mod threads?" start, A copy and pasted Manifesto or (whatever it's called) is put up saying, and pointing to the ACTUAL PROBLEM

"Until Bethesda pulls their finger out, and starts actually Moderating the Mods Section, and doing something about stolen mods, mods will not be uploaded here until further notice."

Etc etc, this CLEARLY puts the ball in their court WHERE IT SHOULD BE, because all Bethesda is doing is staying quiet, and expecting this to all 'sort itself out', while giving PC users a free copy of SkyRim so that we can start churning out mods for the people who are paying for SkyRim on Consoles.

I'm sure that SkyRim Extended or whatever is just made up mods here on the Nexus anyway.

Go take a look at those ferns, ivy and mushrooms used in the screenshots, they sure do look like Renthal311's work

Although, after seeing a thread on Bnet where a FONV mod about a murder mystery was almost 100% identical to a quest in Far Harbor, maybe that's why Bethesda doesn't have that much of a problem with mod theft

I will not support boycotting Bethesda.net.

I am 100% of Bethesda's side and I will always have my mods there.

You've been an unpaid member of the Nexus since June 22nd, 2016, with no mods here to speak of.

Not even sure why you're arguing over here when you clearly don't even LIKE the Nexus.

The ones who support the Nexus have been here for a very long time, and know how the Nexus excels in moderation of Mods compared to the clusterf*#@ over at Bethesda.

Bethesda have left stolen mods up for WEEKS, but it took me ONE post of calling someone a fanboy to get a formal Strike and a 3 day posting ban on the forum, and that place is absolutely TEEMING with Bethesda sycophants, who can say whatever they want without so much as a warning.

If anything is going to get done, it needs to publicly put pressure on Bethesda to actually FIX IT.

You've been an unpaid member of the Nexus since June 22nd, 2016, with no mods here to speak of.

Not even sure why you're arguing over here when you clearly don't even LIKE the Nexus.

The ones who support the Nexus have been here for a very long time, and know how the Nexus excels in moderation of Mods compared to the clusterf*#@ over at Bethesda.

Bethesda have left stolen mods up for WEEKS, but it took me ONE post of calling someone a fanboy to get a formal Strike and a 3 day posting ban on the forum, and that place is absolutely TEEMING with Bethesda sycophants, who can say whatever they want without so much as a warning.

If anything is going to get done, it needs to publicly put pressure on Bethesda to actually FIX IT.

I agree with everything you said. Bethesda needs to really fix their site. I still see to this day a lot of mod author's getting their content stolen from Nexus when they explicitly state its not meant to be uploaded to Bethesda.net and some other users still does it anyways ... then the file sits on Beth.net for days without removal. Nexus has been around for many years doing this mod thing for many great games like Fallout and Elder Scrolls series and as a user I've greatly enjoyed supporting the site and seeing what it does for the modders. It has a very efficient system in place that Beth.net seems to ignore, if they'd only listen and add more moderation and tools to stop the mod theft it would make things a whole lot better.

As for the user you quoted they are simply a detractor. Its same with those type of people for example who like a PS4 but then go to a xbox forum and try and irritate everyone about how great a PS4 is and how they 100% support Sony, they have zero intention of ever owning or using a xbox but they still gotta be on that forum to make noise. I simply ignore those type of posters and they will go back to wherever they came from once they get tired and realize that Nexus is a place many mod authors and mod users prefer over Bethesda's system.

In the time you've been a member of this site, you've endorsed zero mods here. Do you consider yourself in support of modding as a whole? Or in support of the website that hosts mods which are stolen? If you have authored mods of your own, then why would your stance not be to support modding, and to reject the site which seems to not care about mod-theft? Or, are you simply here to antagonize and troll the modders on this site? It seems to be the case that you do nothing but turn discussions into disputes, and all the while, you don't endorse anything here. Why is that?

Edited by RaffTheSweetling

In the time you've been a member of this site, you've endorsed zero mods here. Do you consider yourself in support of modding as a whole? Or in support of the website that hosts mods which are stolen? If you have authored mods of your own, then why would your stance not be to support modding, and to reject the site which seems to not care about mod-theft? Or, are you simply here to antagonize and troll the modders on this site? It seems to be the case that you do nothing but turn discussions into disputes, and all the while, you don't endorse anything here. Why is that?

Well he claims to have mods on Beth but when he was asked even by Dark0ne to tell us what his mods were so we could maybe check out his work he responded to Dark0ne by saying he sent him a personal message. He, for whatever reasons, will not reveal what his mods are. Maybe he's afraid that someone will steal them and put them on Nexus... :smile: He's basically here just to troll.