LordofWar - 3 Armor Mods Deleted From Database

H00V3RD8M

500px-Weasel_words.svg.png

Wrong on so many counts. First you are a troll without a doubt. No denying that whatsoever. Second I'm not just saying that in hopes that by doing so will get a moderator to remove you. I could really care less if you are here or not. Would I prefer not to have to wade thru threads and seeing your negative crap all of the time. Well sure but you are entitled to post whatever you want even if it's mostly nothing more than trolling. :yes:

Ok, fair enough, Lelcat, you don't have to show support to modders by endorsing their work. I don't think that's the end of the world. But it appears that you take it seriously when your mod receives downvotes, so you do on some level understand what it means to have support given to your own mod, how it is a payoff of sorts, as the author, and, how it feels to have the product of your efforts, for lack of a better word - diminished, by receiving downvotes.
Now imagine how it would feel to have your work stolen, and uploaded, with someone else receiving credit for your work, while the host site does nothing about it. You are 100% supporting Bethsda.net while this very scenario takes place, and you are a mod author. It's unbelievable.

Bethesda is being late with shooting down stolen mods yes. But I am not buyin the whole "boycott" crap and the usual hyperbolic Beth hate. A lot of people on here argue like little kids. They don't get what they want instantly and then they demand maximum punishment and damage to Beth and anyone disagreeing with them.

Edited by lelcat

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people on here argue like little kids. They don't get what they want instantly and then they demand maximum punishment and damage to Beth and anyone disagreeing with them.

Said the guy who just posted a huge picture of a cartoon weasel....

It gets really annoying having to go through pages of a DISCUSSION where one person just quotes a wall of text then replies with "No it's not", like you're doing.

It's like you're using the script from Monty Python's "Argument Clinic"

A lot of people on here argue like little kids. They don't get what they want instantly and then they demand maximum punishment and damage to Beth and anyone disagreeing with them.

Said the guy who just posted a huge picture of a cartoon weasel....

It gets really annoying having to go through pages of a DISCUSSION where one person just quotes a wall of text then replies with "No it's not", like you're doing.

It's like you're using the script from Monty Python's "Argument Clinic"

I've decided that the best course of action concerning this particular user is to just let him talk and talk and just ignore everything he says. On the internet, all power arises from how much attention you give something. I choose to give him as little as possible.

I didn't read every page in this thread, but just saw that L0rd pulled his stuff b/c of all the crap going on.

All I can say is this makes me sad. :sad:

One of the biggest deals for me with these games is setting my character up to look a certain way and his mods were the best - by far - for what I had in mind for the characters I made up. He was also very cool with allowing others (and me) to release retextures.

Sorry to see you go man. :sad: :sad:

I've decided that the best course of action concerning this particular user is to just let him talk and talk and just ignore everything he says. On the internet, all power arises from how much attention you give something. I choose to give him as little as possible.

True, but you STILL have to scroll by his overly lengthy and useless posts, such as the stupid Overly Large Weasel picture with 2 quotes to make the post even longer.

It's clearly meant to antagonize, by being purposely large and taking up the space of several posts, as are all his posts.

• 2 weeks later...

True, but you STILL have to scroll by his overly lengthy and useless posts, such as the stupid Overly Large Weasel picture with 2 quotes to make the post even longer.

It's clearly meant to antagonize, by being purposely large and taking up the space of several posts, as are all his posts.

Could add him to your ignore list, then his comments are shortened down to a "Do you want to see this message?" setup.

I dont agree with you people. I believe both the leeches and modders like this are wrong. Leeches because of the obvious, and modders because they get salty. With salty I mean I love modders that just put their work out there and say "its free, but its my work, do whatever you like but credit me for it". If a modder is very good and gets contacted by a company it doesnt matter if his work got modified or reposted by some other dude some day.

so in short, stealing and without giving credit is bad. Getting salty because you left modding and deleted everything, but someone reuploaded your good work and gave you credit as well is bad too

I dont agree with you people. I believe both the leeches and modders like this are wrong. Leeches because of the obvious, and modders because they get salty. With salty I mean I love modders that just put their work out there and say "its free, but its my work, do whatever you like but credit me for it". If a modder is very good and gets contacted by a company it doesnt matter if his work got modified or reposted by some other dude some day.

so in short, stealing and without giving credit is bad. Getting salty because you left modding and deleted everything, but someone reuploaded your good work and gave you credit as well is bad too

That's fine if you want to think that way, but since it's not your work I'm not sure how much your opinion counts. And before you say, "Well, what about your opinion then?" my opinion is that he should do whatever the hell he wants. I don't feel I'm in any position to tell someone what they should do with the things they create.