Fallout 4: delusion or great game?

SignorNessuno

hoping nuka world be cool to explore and hoping there rides or mini games you can do as its the last dlc so wished there was more just seemed fallout 4 was rushed get it out of the wat so they can start on doing different games now up to the modders to keep us entertained as i got bored playing fallout 4 and have to mod for amusement

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am of the "story first, everything else second" school. This game has almost nothing to recommend it in terms of story.

The game is visually appealing, has a intriguing landscape, and some interesting locales, but that is not really new.

The combat mechanics are pretty good, as usual.

The companion characters are staid with very little to redeem them for their incessant chatter.

The settlement building was fun, until the settlements started self destructing by loosing their water/food/beds/defense/power or suddenly doubling the settlement population for no discernible reason. Then the settlement mechanic became a nuisance, then a tedious bore and then finally a mouse throwing annoyance. Solution, empty settlements. No settlers, no problems.

The radiant questing from Preston was annoying, but a later update pretty much eliminated those. Now getting a quest from Preston is like trying to swim up Mt. Everest. My first reaction to the reduced Preston questing was "Someone at the lazy B is really passive aggressive and heavy into vicious compliance."

Over all, a solid eeeh.

or suddenly doubling the settlement population for no discernible reason.

Sounds like you just left the recruitment beacon switched on when you didn't want any more settlers to arrive. That's not the game's fault :laugh:

or suddenly doubling the settlement population for no discernible reason.

Sounds like you just left the recruitment beacon switched on when you didn't want any more settlers to arrive. That's not the game's fault :laugh:

Bu ... bu ... bu ... but it goes back to 23 when I visit the settlement.

A great game. The roll out and the content of the DLC's are perplexing, and it's not as deep as Skyrim, but a great game. I might add that asking whether it's a "Delusion" and then asking for no flaming is rather do as I say not as I do.

It's a TERRIBLE game because literally ZERO attention was given to refining the existing LAME gameplay mechanisms, or finding NEW gameplay mechanisms.

Instead we got NON-gameplay enhancements, like settlement building or weapon crafting. Since weapons effectively spam a crude 'hit' value against the dumbest AI ever seen in a AAA title, with the least amount of true enemy variance, the weapon crafting does NOT count as a gameplay improvement- just a cosmetic one.

FO4 is a very good WALKING SIMULATOR. This new genre- the darling of two man indie dev teams, usually exploits the free-to-use game engines to craft poor 'open worlds' of dreadful rendering efficiency. Obviously FO4 knocks the best of these 'efforts' into a cocked hat.

But as a AAA open world game competing with the likes of Dying Light, GTAV, Watchdogs, Witcher 3 etc, the design of FO4 is a utter humiliation. Yeah, FO4 (and other Beth titles) is the only user expandable, moddable open world title, so technically it has no competition, and we have no choice, if the player craves this kind of thing. But to be 'first' in a category where you are the ONLY entrant is no automatic victory.

No good story work (like Witcher 3). No good gameplay work. But Beth is laughing all the way to the bank having cheaped out on dev costs, made a fortune from post release DLC, and watched as the title made ONE BILLION+ in sales, with 'glowing' bought-and-paid-for 'reviews' in the tech press.

Seems they copied many mods for making this game instead of making their own contents. I guess they start to be really lazy.

They really didn't though. It's also worth noting that basic "build your own base" type stuff is really not that original. Just because a modder did it first doesn't mean "they copied the mods"