Never enough arrows!

Pascual

I steal arrows from any man, woman and child I come across, and I've got over 1000 steel arrows and I've only been playing this character for like 20 hours...

I am now level 9 stealthy archer wood elf. I use iron arrows and sneak, that's about enough to 1 shot most enemies like wolves, bandits and such. Iron arrows are very common. Steel arrows however...

At about level 20 I'd gathered at least 300 iron arrows, 200 steel, 100 ancient nord arrows, 50 orcish, 50 dwarven. And I play with archery at least have of the time I'm killing thing. But I only use iron arrows that are plenty. Although I'm thinking of selling those (more like throwing them away they sell for 0 gold) and switching to steel. But since they have no weight to them I can carry 1000 more and I'd still would be the same weight; so no point in selling them

I think the bullet time perk definitely helps in terms of placing your shots better, but I've really only been stuck with iron or steel arrows. Historically, archery has been extremely deadly, even against heavy armor, so them increasing the damage and making arrows more scarce works a bit better than just the old Oblivion archery. I suppose it forces a sense of balance and better shot placement.

I love the archery changes in Skyrim from Oblivion - much better handling, immersion and damage in my opinion. About the arrow situation, I find that the high-quality arrows are scarce, but that doesn't stop me. If I ever need arrows I just raid a barrow and get iron arrows from bandits, Falmer arrows from the Falmer, steel arrows from the Stormcloaks or glass/ebony/dwarven arrows from dungeons.

I'm currently at level 21 with over 500 arrows from those six arrow types. My character uses a giant Ebony Battleaxe for melee and archery for ranged - that's it.

I have over 500 steel arrows and an assortment of other types. I'm playing on Master, too, so it's not like the enemies are just going down in one hit. You just have to not waste shots and not just pour them into enemies that are way too tough for them, though even if you do, you'll still get loads back.

Is there any merchant in Skyrim that has a decent supply of arrows? I burn through those suckers!

Not sure why you would be having that problem. I always had an excess of arrows. If you loot them off bodies, you'll never run out. Unless you're just using far too many for some reason.