Anyone know any good TV series?

MooseTail

Currently watching:

Spartacus: Vengeance

High School of the Dead - zombie fun, but too much fan service IMO

Drawn Together (lost my season 1 DVD >:O )- tons of offensive jokes, but I can't help laughing XD

BSG yes, awesome show :D

Farscape

Stargate SG-1

Stargate Universe

just some of the stuff I enjoy. I don't own a TV anymore, so I have no clue what's even on these days haha.

among the shows people mentioned, one they didnt that i recently watched on Netflix and absolutely loved!

Heroes.

an amazing show. a great story right through till its fourth and final season (which was left in a cliff hanger unfortunately) and the dozens of gorgeous woman in the show like Hayden Panettiere, Kristen Bell, and Ali Larter are three that stand out.

• 4 months later...

I'm a bit of a comedy obsessive so I wrote this list out for a friend not long ago coz I figured it would come in handy at some point.

They are all comedy shows (and a few Stand-Ups at the end) so if that's not your thing then feel free to skip it.

They are also all UK-based (or performers I discovered through UK shows such as Doug Stanhope who I discovered via his regular appearances on Charlie Brooker's various shows or Omid Djalili and Shappi Khorsandi who would have appeared on many Stand-Up and panel style shows).

They are also new (mostly post-90's) and are frequently subversive, surreal or just unashamedly intelligent and imaginiative stuff rather than populist fodder (in my opinion).

-Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle (or anything by Stu, if you like his style it's all good).

-Psychoville (horror inspired comedy show/sitcom about a bunch of very strange characters and the way their storylines interweave).

-Charlie Brooker's "How TV Ruined Your Life" (similar to his previous shows Screenwipe and Newswipe which are also worth checking out as they reveal the lies TV tells us reguraly in a funny manner. HTVRYL is probably the culmiation of everything learned throught those shows)

-Anything by Reeves & Mortimer (from "The Weekenders" to "Big Night Out" to "The Smell of" to "Bang Bang its..." to "Shooting Stars" and "Catterick" it's all good stupid surreal and frequently confusing stuff, never dull).

-Nathan Barley (horrifying but hilarious and incredibly detailed and thoughtfully concieved future vision of a world ruled by idiots dreamed up by Chris Morris and Charlie Brooker).

-Brass Eye (Probably Chris Morris's finest creation, the late 90's swipe at media culture was one of the funniest, detailed and most intelligent shows ever, look up it's '94 predecessor "The Day Today" too which is just as great at spoofing and highlighting the madness of News Broadcasts of the time and now),

-Garth Marenghi's Darkplace (a homage and spoof of 70's TV Sci-Fi/Horror and Hospital Drama where a lot of the jokes revolve around how bad they can make it look which they do very well.).

-The Mighty Boosh (very surreal adventures of two odd blokes plus a Shaman and a Gorilla. The first series is the best I think, others are good but seem to lack the driven dialogue exchanges in favor of sight gags so it's a matter of opinion).

-Look Around You (very funny science documentary spoof).

-Time Trumpet (Armando Iannucci's look back at present day events from the year 2035 or thereabouts in the style of a "Remember the 80's" documentary but with lots of manipulated and well sourced strange footage and daft contributions from it's great cast.)

-Spaced (where the group responsibe for Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz made it big. Iv'e probably seen it 50 times (or at least had it on in the background like a favorite record) coz for a long time it was my favorite show).

-Black Books (great show set in a largely irrellevant bookshop) .

-Grandma's House (Simon Amstel's [ex-"Never Mind The Buzzcocks" host] sometimes subtle but very thought provoking show inspired by many real-life conversations and events featuring himself and his family).

-Hyperdrive (like a new(er) and unfairly under rated Red Dwarf, though only in the sense that it is a comedy sci-fi. Plots unfold more like Star Trek with an incompetent crew).

-Harry & Paul (the return of Harry Enfield alongside Paul Whitehouse. I'd say their more recent work has been the best yet, series 2 for example has some of the best facial acting in anything ever and the characters feel more fleshed out and subsequently funnier than their older stuff).

-Big Train (Late 90's comedy Sketch Show classic where the gags are often built out of unusual juxtapositions and contrasts with a lot of people acting normal in very stange situations and vice versa).

-Ideal (Sitcom about a small time weed dealer and the various strange people he knows/meets. Not always hilarious but often intriguing and willing to explore very unusual concepts in detail.)

-Rob Brydon's Annually Retentive (a sort of deconstruction of a comedy panel show in the guise of a comedy panel show, half acted behind the scenes, half performed live in front of a studio audience. Like every other panel show the quality is still unfortunately dictated by the panelists)

-That Mitchell and Webb Look (a very likable comedy sketch show which seems to improve as it goes on and they get further away from the repeated characters and scenarios of the first series with sketches about all sort of implausable and strange subjects appearing from Series 2 onwards).

-(nearly) anything by The Comic Strip presents (loads of 40-60 min short films (some longer) about all sorts of strange subjects. They started in the 80's and are still going now with the recent B&W 50's style "The Trial Of Tony Blair" being a great return to form).

-The Young Ones (probably one of the finest comedy creations of all time, well, I grew up on it anyway, featuring at least 90% of the regular Comic Strip gang).

-The Armando Iannucci Shows (one of the greatest surreal sketch-shows of all time written by a comedy legend).

-Red Dward (Sci-Fi comedy classic, worth mentioning even if everyone has heard of it though try and avoid series 7 & 8 which were not by the original writer(s) and seem to really suffer for it. Even so the latest 'Back to Earth' series was a welcome return to form).

-The Fast Show (Sketch show classic which pretty much changed (or broke) the formula of many sketch shows to come. At it's best it totally subverted the viewers expectations by building a sense of predicatability then making the characters behave in very unpredicatble ways. Even seemingly one-dimensional or single gag characters seems to have small moments of personal introspection before proceeding to once again behave madly showing an underlying creativity and knowledge of psychology lacking in many of the same location repeating format shows which followed).

-Bellamy's People (Based on radio series "Down The Line" and created by many of The Fast Show's regulars, the show focused more on parodying more realistic characters (or at least the type who ring up to radio phone-in shows). Some episodes are great but others seem to have suffered from it's improvisational methodology with actors portraying different characters seemingly stumbling inadvertently into familar territory. Having a few more scripted "mad events" would have been nice I think but after a weak couple of episodes it builds back up to the last few being great again).

-Snuff Box (Awesome, unpredicatble, anarchic and frequently offensive half sitcom, half sketch based show based in several odd times and places with Matt Berry and Rich Fulcher)

-The Peter Serafinowicz Show (Sketch show with lots of intriguing and silly concepts explored with a keen attention to detail and subversion. His Butterfield commercials are some of my favorite sketches ever).

-Man Stroke Woman (A great cast with excellent timing and quirky personalities help make an otherwise simple concept, a sketch show about relationships, into one of the funniest sketch shows ever).

-The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margret (David Cross and Will Arnett from Arrested Development join up with a load of Britsh talent for this fairly high-concept, stressful but funny sitcom about just how bad the reprecussions of a single man's increasingly stupid actions can be. The end is a shocker to say the least).

Great Stand-Up comedians and other performers (in no order):

[These are my personal preferences from relative experience coz there are loads good enough to make it to this list who I have not seen enough of to judge fairly]

Stuart Lee (again)

Bill Bailey

Richard Herring

Kevin Eldon

Reginald D Hunter

Josie Long

Tony Law

Ed Byrne

Chris Addison

Simon Munnery

Greg Davies

Mark Thomas

Rob Newman

Rich Hall

Ricky Gervais

Dylan Moran

Omid Djalili

Eddie Izzard

Johnny Vegas

Norman Lovett

Shappi Khorsandi

Sarah Millican

Doug Stanhope

Craig Campbell

John Shuttleworth

Mark Steel

If you want some free stuff to watch or listen to in the background here's I few sites I stumbled on which have excellent podcasts, streaming vids and similar:

http://www.comedy.co.uk/podcasts/

Loads of UK Comedy Podcasts. Richard Herring's hour long Edinburgh Festival Interviews (recorded live on stage a few hours before performing his main set) were a particular highlight for me and feature loads of great established and up-and coming comedians from 2011's festival.

http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/

Comedy discussion site with some excellent podcasts which are great for finding out about good (or bad) new and old shows.

http://www.brandonge...com/episode-one

New interactive streaming animation from Edgar Wright (director of Spaced, SOTD, Hot Fuzz, Scott Pilgrim etc...)

Nobe & Silver "GetOffMe!"

The first episode of Noble & Silver's currently unreleased "Get Off Me" show which was broadcast once around 2001 and then seemingly forgotten about despite it being probably the funniest thing I have ever seen.

The Walking Dead. Edited by Flipout6

I just started watching a TV series on Netflix, called Prison Break. And I'm already 12 episodes in it, and its the first day I started watching it! :dance:

Heh, I remember when that show came on TV, watched the first few episodes, it's not all that bad :)

Outcasts...wow it was awesome...too bad it only lasted 8 episodes....why are all the good sci fi shows always cancelled? :(