True Anthropomorphic Race

TheDragonEpmperor

Haha don't worry i know the ref i made was very bad and since this is the first time ive seen/heard of a sergal, it was pretty much expected to be bad IMO :thumbsup:

Thanks for the refs though this'll make my job easier :)

EDIT: oh i used the head from the second ref and got this far..

not complete but getting there

Edited by leetfart

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, a lot has been posted while iv been taking a small break from skyrim stuff. i love the rough modeling of the sergal race so far. i cant wait to see it finished. also i remember in oblivion that there was someone who created an alternative start similar to what i suggested. i think the alternative start thing would be kind of simple as long as someone knows a bit of scripting and besides just trying to make the personalities of the NPCs that are apart of the alternative start plus the quest to help you get started on your way to the original start of the game at helgen. idk, it was just something i thought up really quickly for it to make more sense for all the non-lore races for those that want lore. and of course the immigrant camps so the player would be the only one of that species in the game, just like a sort of mixed group of non-lore species in small town-like camps.

Just an update on the body mesh, it still requires work on the body/arms/hands but i thought id show some progress

most working on the leg/foot area of the model so far, heres a close up of the digitgrade improvment

oh and dont worry about the models being blocky it will be a lot smoother but when the anatomy of the sergal is right ill worry more about texturing/smoothing

also i will probaly just stick to your "sergal" thread it'd make more sense as this thread seems to be more dedicated to ideas :thumbsup:

That looks really good, the only thing I can say as far as major work is that the tail should be longer and more catlike.

Could you show us some more higher resolution images?

the legs look OK, but in order to get them perfect I think the proportions need a little work. Look at this picture as a better reference for digitigrade legs in a standing posture, very few get the way they should stand, their proportions and the center of balance right. The claws could be moved down a bit too, sergal claws come directly out of the toe bone like a lizard's. Careful with making the figure really stand on the balls of the feet though and not have a second heel.

This figure is not a sergal, it's a lazurek by Queblock, but he has a completely perfect grasp of anatomy and figure posing.

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/4438/cevel.jpg

Edited by BeakieHelmet

Uggh. So I read through the entire thread, hit mulit-quote several times to respond with my thoughts on this, but apparently you can only multi-quote a single page at a time? Oh well, I will make my point the best I can, but I would have liked to send my personal appreciation many of the posters, so to the thread starter at least... Thank you for monitoring his thread to keep it positive and on the topic of what YOU wanted it to be. And of course for creating this great topic for starters! :thumbsup: :biggrin:

Modding and installing mods is about personal expression and personal preference.

Modding = Personal Expression: This is where you get to be YOU and share you creations to the rest of the nexus community. My personal opinion is that spending time creating your own ideas is very healthy for the soul! ;) And when you share your creations, you are expanding your joy into other people's lives. I'd like to see many more people investing their time into these types of activities rather than veggin out on the TV for example. :nuke:

Installing Mods = Personal Preference: It always annoys me when people jump on a topic that doesn't suit them and say what they don't like about someone else's vision. People need to realize that if something isn't in their own best interest, that they can simply move on to the next topic and find a more suited topic to discuss that actually does make them excited or happy. It is one thing to point out their personal preference on a topic, such as the many comments I wanted to express my thanks for their attitude on; for example, "This is my vote!" "I'd like to see this implemented into your idea!" but wouldn't it be nice if there were no more, "that is stupid" - "you are wrong" types of comments?! ;) :wub: It's one thing to have an opinion, but everyone is right within their own context.

The 1st couple pages were quite disappointing as people were going out of their way to post a negative comments on something that they could otherwise simply not install and it would not effect their Skyrim experience whatsoever. I'm just trying to give people something to think about here... If you don't like something, simply move on to something you DO like. Ask yourself why you are investing your time posting a comment about something you do not like? This only takes away from your own personal happiness. So to those few that have this habit, please consider spending this time on what you DO enjoy.

Well for me personally, I would really like to see this come together! How fun to see these new characters in the game?! Great topic!

"Thundercats.. Roar!" ;D

Just an update on the body mesh, it still requires work on the body/arms/hands but i thought id show some progress

most working on the leg/foot area of the model so far, heres a close up of the digitgrade improvment

oh and dont worry about the models being blocky it will be a lot smoother but when the anatomy of the sergal is right ill worry more about texturing/smoothing

also i will probaly just stick to your "sergal" thread it'd make more sense as this thread seems to be more dedicated to ideas :thumbsup:

It is Great my frien and it looks better now my friend