Nvidia Contest Joke

GeneralLuBu

'All winners are obligated to buy everyone else a round of drinks'

I shall have champagne please. :laugh:

Rage mode off then? must be cozy curled up in modern firearms lap

What!? For gods sake just drop it! Yes I was not happy about the rules being ignored like everyone else, but I am not going to hold sour grapes against people that couldn't have helped what Nvidia has done. The contest is over and as far as I am concerned, done an dusted. Quite frankly I don't care who won at this point, so I have zero idea what you mean by..'must be cosy curled up in modern firearms lap'. Quite frankly I find that statement unnecessarily rude and unwarranted.

Sheesh you can't even say something nice these days without getting shat on. :mad:

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I have zero intention of claiming any part of his prize for helping out in comments on Idlesheep's mod pages you're more than welcome to a drink from me Shezrie - ya might have to settle for beer, wine or vodka though! You've been a voice of calm and sense in a sea of slander, tantrum and armchair lawyering. Pop in any time! Edited by siframe

I agree that the majority of the entries were jokes, but at least some people put effort into their mods, Some people went through and learned how 3D modeling works, how to animate plants, how to make their own custom grenades, how a whole hell of a lot of stuff worked, in order to make their mods. Modern Firearms broke contest rules, from what I have heard. Combustible Lemons was made with wholly custom assets. The author made all of his own models. He did all of the scripting himself. He even made a settlement object for the mod, that charges fusion cores. If any mod in that category deserved to win, it was Combustible Lemons. The whole thing was a farce to get people to submit mods to Bethesda.Net, which is just stupid.

While I have zero intention of claiming any part of his prize for helping out in comments on Idlesheep's mod pages you're more than welcome to a drink from me Shezrie - ya might have to settle for beer, wine or vodka though! You've been a voice of calm and sense in a sea of slander, tantrum and armchair lawyering. Pop in any time!

Thank you! :smile:

but at least some people put effort into their mods

A LOT of people put massive effort into their mods.

Yes, true, but not all of them made their own assets. Not all of them put the effort into learning how 3D modeling works for their mod. Not all of them even got permission for using others' models in their mods.

Yes, true, but not all of them made their own assets. Not all of them put the effort into learning how 3D modeling works for their mod. Not all of them even got permission for using others' models in their mods.

There was no rule saying that you couldn't use assets other people made - only that if you did, then you had to have permission and/or give proper credit.

Cancerous1 did good work, there's no doubt about that. But to say that a relatively unknown/unpopular mod (no offense intended, but I didn't even know that mod existed until I saw it in the finalist list, while I -had- heard of most of the others before the finalists were announced) deserved to win just because of all the effort involved reeks of "they should have loved me more!", and makes you sound like a petty child that didn't get a candy bar at the grocery store.

Edited by WhiskeyRiver2

There was no rule saying that you couldn't use assets other people made - only that if you did, then you had to have permission and/or give proper credit.

The rules said written permission, not "and/or" simply giving credit.

That's not how it works.

Cancerous1 did good work, there's no doubt about that. But to say that a relatively unknown/unpopular mod (no offense intended, but I didn't even know that mod existed until I saw it in the finalist list, while I -had- heard of most of the others before the finalists were announced) deserved to win just because of all the effort involved reeks of "they should have loved me more!", and makes you sound like a petty child that didn't get a candy bar at the grocery store.

Just to be clear, I don't feel I deserved to win over mods where people did everything I did plus making custom land expansions, voiced npc's and more. But I'm not shy about saying that it does clearly say no team mods, and assets where you don't have written permission or can't obtain that for assets used. it's not much of a competition between mods if it's using 95% + assets that any user could just buy and put in game themselves.

After this whole fiasco, I wouldn't be surprised if Nvidia just cancelled the whole thing which they still have the right to do

But if I got monetary compensation for using someone's non-commercial work, I'd save it for a lawyer

Edited by Cancerous1

Â

Â

That's not how it works.

Ummm... yes it is, if the author gives blanket permission providing credit is given.