Multiplayer Mod. Possible? Realistic?

wuwuwuwuwu

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure ok I get that but then again some games are just meant to be or should be single player. Now I have nothing against multiplayer if that's your thing but it's just not for me. Thus one main reason I like Beth games especially the FO games. Skyrim however... Not a big fan...

No but people want to play with a friend once in a while. I cant even play co op with my brother on his xbox on most games these days.

I think Fallout would be a better game if it did have the ability to have 2 player co-op.

But that doesn't change the fact that it is not possible.

It's totally possible. In the same way that the ground opening up, swallowing you whole, resealing and no one noticing right after you read this post is possible. With enough time and random chance a room of a hundred chimps will produce the works of Shakespeare. And a dedicated modding team might reduce that from "infinitely improbably" to "almost plausible" given a few years.

But is it at all worth that effort? Not even a little.

It's very possible and realistic. It has been done before with Fallout 3

http://www.moddb.com/mods/vault-tec-multiplayer-mod

And for Fallout New Vegas

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45511/?

Well at least the framework to allow multiplayer games to be made at least.

So it wouldn't surprise me if they did it for Fallout 4.

Full on multiplayer? Who knows. It could be done.

I find it funny how people forget the lessons XRE taught us. Everything is possible and realistic if you have the skill and time.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49042/?

Cars! in Fallout New Vegas opened my eyes. Drive-able cars actually driving cars in Fallout New Vegas taught me to never again say something is impossible or unrealistic in the world of mod development.

Edited by Skyviper086

I think coop in fo4 would be neat though. Just having the option is all. The game doesnt need to be like those "made for coop" games it could just be two people just wandering around and shootin stuff... Like each other

Multiplayer is not possible with the current game ( Fallout 4), because it would require to rewrite gigantic amounts of code. However I suspect they are working on a Multiplayer Fallout thing secretly.

Or possibly more likely Skyrim seeing how popular it is... But wouldn't it really require a completely new game engine. If it CTDs like crazy now how would it be like playing it coop? It would be frustrating as hell....

OK I don't play multiplayer games at all. But say FO4 was made to be able to play, lets say two people at a time for argument sake, then I would guess it would either have to be played completely vanilla or would each person would need to have exactly the same mods installed? Or would texture type mods not matter? Are there any current multiplayer games out there that currently get modded? As I said I don't pay any attention to those type of games.

to keep things simple I'd think they make everyone use vanilla. Some games won't allow you to access multiplayer if you mod them.

Or they can do it like starcraft (back in the day) if you want a use a certain server then you'll be required to have certain files to play it.

Or (and this would make it not so popular for many) use the NMMs feature to activate and deactivate mods for multiplayer use. As in when joining a server NMM will disable certain mods automatically that may provide you with an unfair advantage.

It would be neat to see a multiplayer where people actually worked together to form their own communities, raided other communities, and fight to protect their own little slice of life in the common wealth.

And again I think it's very possible. I've seen mods for all sorts of games over the years that you'd think could never be made. Sometimes the challenge isn't the problem. It's being willing enough to tackle that challenge.

Having said all that. I still prefer single player games. Or at least games that do not primarily focus on the multiplayer.

Edited by Skyviper086

They did multiplayer for Just Cause 2. I wonder how long it took them...I should look that up.

I haven't played a multiplayer game (that isn't with a controller and my daughter sitting right next to me plying the other person) in 20 years maybe. No offense, I don't want to play a video game with any of you not a single one. =)

(Edit: I take that back, played City of Heroes for a bit...but mostly with my daughter...so doesn't count, heh)

However, co-op is an interesting thought (as I said earlier)...and that settlement/community/raiding thing...that's a good idea, right there.

As for mods in multiplayer (if, by some miracle, this did happen for the people who would use it)? Hmm, that's a toughy...even just one person having a mod that adds a building here/there or that adds a build able item, could be trouble. Definitely easier, I would think, to just force vanilla.

Edit: Doesn't hurt to discuss theoreticals, not even when they're of the most unlikely kind. Sometimes the conversations birth new and greater (more reasonable) ideas.