Have you married anyone yet?

Minarusan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I married Ysolda. I like her. There are several good females to choose from from the women who are officially allowed to be wed.

I have a couple of questions. What is it like if you marry an NPC via the console command? Will they greet you affectionately at your home, and say other nice things to you? Also, do only certain official marriage candidates (like Ysolda and Muiri) open up shops and share gold?

One other question: Are there any marriage mods yet, and if so, are there any good ones yet?

My Nord Warrior married Ysolda. I felt bad about what happened in the Hangover quest so I tried to make it up to her and ended up marrying her. *1st Playthrough*

My High Elf Spellsword did not marry because there were no suitable Altmer females, in his opinion. *2nd Playthrough*

My Khajiit Assassin is currently unmarried but is considering Luaffyn. She has the most beautiful voice of all the female bards, IMO and with the Better Females by Bella mod, she is by far the prettiest Dark Elf I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I'll have to use console commands and the romance in marriage is pretty much non-existant so I'll probably end up just putting it off for a few weeks until a few of the inevitable marriage mods are released.

I finally gave in and went down the marriage route and it was every bit as disappointing as I thought it would be. I think DAO spoilt it for me, this is so wooden in comparison, no romance and there is nothing romantic about seeing a man standing preparing food and in armour of all things!!! and being the little wifie thing...UGH I've got housecarls to do that. Even the dialogue is stunted, being called 'love' all the time 'my love' would have been a bit warmer and I'm sick of all the filth, they might not have baths, but they could still keep themselves clean, it's called washing. I have tried a couple of mods for cleaning them up, but they don't seem to work so well on my set up, no idea why. IF I play again, that is if I ever finish this game, I seem to be loosing interest more every day, I won't be getting married that's for sure.

Yeah, I married once on my arcane archer, mainly because that was one of the only achievements I hadn't gotten at that point. I was considering marrying Vilkas, however his warpaint is so annoying to me, it makes me think that he put a buttload of eyeliner on and then smeared it all over his face and cried, hahah. Plus the companions and my character didn't share pretty much any values/morals... I wanted to marry someone my character would like. P: Eventually settled for Marcurio since (in my eyes) he's one of the most attractive bachelors in the game, and because I thought my character shared traits with him. (Well versed in magic and arrogant.)

To be honest I think all the male characters in the game are.... well... ugly doesn't even come close, I don't know if it's the dreadful hair graphics or what, but you find one that looks reasonably clean that could pass in a crowd for being OK'ish, then they go and stick a mop head on him for hair, normally I hate seeing helmets they look so stupid, but in this game I stick all companions in helmets then I don't have to look at them.

Then there are the voices, they have used the same voice actors for so many other characters, it's a bit off putting when you hear your spouses voice coming out of someone else's mouth and he's standing right next to you. I wonder if they sacrificed decent dialogue and more voice actors for having an open map, I wouldn't have minded paying a bit extra for the game if it had a) not been steam and b) had some decent romance and dialogue.

I married Ysolda. I like her. There are several good females to choose from from the women who are officially allowed to be wed.

I have a couple of questions. What is it like if you marry an NPC via the console command? Will they greet you affectionately at your home, and say other nice things to you? Also, do only certain official marriage candidates (like Ysolda and Muiri) open up shops and share gold?

One other question: Are there any marriage mods yet, and if so, are there any good ones yet?

I married Jarl Elisef the Fair. She does greet me affectionately and cook and opens up a shop too. Marrying her made role playing sense because it was so much fun to pretend to be married to a jarl.

Most of the marriageable NPCs I've come across so far are horribly boring and one-dimensional, so I personally don't see any point in marrying anyone. Have my spouse bring me food? I have hundreds of potions and food items already. Lover's Comfort bonus? Sleeping alone in my mansion already gives the Well Rested bonus, those extra 5% aren't going to make any difference. My spouse sets up a shop somewhere and hands me a few gold every day? I make ten times more money by questing and selling equipment I find.