Modding Skyrim with TESSnip and Nifskope

jaysus

Glad you got it working. cool armor

Have you tried your new armors as a replacer? Showing in the inventory probably doesn't use the skinning, whereas it does on a character, which can still be a problem. Best to know your root cause before you start barking up the wrong tree.

Thanks. I ended up downloading an armor mod and replaced it with my own model, and it now works as a standalone item as I intended.

It's just a retexture of the town guard's armor but I was obviously doing something wrong somewhere in TESsnip.

Cheers, appreciate the help.

Edited by MrMino

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I open the link to the xml file I only see a bunch of code. Is there no single downloadable file somewhere? Edited by Taedus

When I open the link to the xml file I only see a bunch of code. Is there no single downloadable file somewhere?

The code IS the xml. Either copy that code to a txt file and change it to a .xml file. Or right-click and save link as...

double click MODL and change the path to your new model

How?

In MODL I clicked "Set data from file" then clicked on my .nif file then clicked "save" and then TESsnip freezes

Where i was wrong?

PS: I try to change model of Ebony Mail

Edited by Haridas

Ah-ha! Needed to add 00 manually at the end of the HEX code for MOD2/3/4

I can't believe something so simple was at the source of the problem.

Please, give a detailed account... every your step

Edited by Haridas

How?

In MODL I clicked "Set data from file" then clicked on my .nif file then clicked "save" and then TESsnip freezes

Where i was wrong?

I'm with Haridas, after I double click the MODL, how do I add the model path? I tried manually typing it, it doesn't work in game. When I try to press "set data from file" and assign the custom mesh from there, the window displaying the hex value goes haywire and my TesSnip freezes after this. I'm getting the feeling there may be some more steps involved than what is described in the opening page.

Could someone please elaborate a bit more on the process of reassigning custom meshes? In a manner that a noob might understand if you please..

Thanks in advance

Edited by Edmond Dantes

How?

Where i was wrong?

I'm with Haridas, after I double click the MODL, how do I add the model path? I tried manually typing it, it doesn't work in game. When I try to press "set data from file" and assign the custom mesh from there, the window displaying the hex value goes haywire and my TesSnip freezes after this. I'm getting the feeling there may be some more steps involved than what is described in the opening page.

Could someone please elaborate a bit more on the process of reassigning custom meshes? In a manner that a noob might understand if you please..

Thanks in advance

same here ... how do you set the correct path for the MODL

following i3vdone tessnip plugins guide i can get my item in game and see it but its just the original item that i used as a test and not the custom meshes/testure or item that i wanted it to be .. i dont know how to to point my MODL to the correct path of my meshes/texture .. i already have my meshes and texture in the data folder .. using nifskope i can see my meshes but they're not color .. just grey .. are they suppose to be color? .. thx

For what it is worth I have switched to Skyedit to change path info on meshes .. is easier and allows me to create a stat record also. has worked for things I am adding. Might want to give it a try and see if can do what trying. Only problem i have run into is one mesh shows great in the game when in your hand but in inventory or a forge for creation takes on the pic of the last item looked at or shows blank. other meshes no issue so probably something screwed up in nifscope. Do not normally post other sites here but if helps then

site for it is www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes5Mod:SkyEdit

skyedit is good for adding custom weapon meshes and stuff but doesn't seem to let me path for custom armor meshes..the "..." button doesn't work maybe its not implemented yet..so maybe someone can clarify on how to properly path to a custom mesh in Tessnip cuz im clueless..i want to use my armor as standalone and i have custom meshes as well as the firstperson .nifs as well..please and thank you! :thumbsup: