Modding Skyrim with TESSnip and Nifskope

jaysus

Do anyone know if I have to actually assign any textures in blender before exporting them to NIF. It doesn't seem correct since I delete the NI material attribute on the NiTriShape block in NifScope and replace it with a copy of BSLightingShaderProperty block (with a BSShaderTextureSet child) from a Skyrim NIF anyway.

I am however doing something wrong somewhere, because the weapon I made is completely invisible in game. Any suggestions on what to do?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would apply a material before export, It can't hurt as you said, you'll delete it and use a vanilla shader anyway.

Thats what I do :) I't shows up correctly in NifSkope but when I use Wtf's Dragonslayer ESP (the one fixed by Whaag and obviously working for Wtf now), change all MODL string values to point to my NIF instead, and load it in Skyrim, it is invisible.

Edited by Gabbe_master

is it surely a nif issue is what you are saying? does your weapon work when simply tested as a replacer?

I think it might be a NIF issue, but I am not sure. How do I create a replacer? By modifying a NIF, for example an irongreatsword, importing my OBJ, yattayattayatta... and then placing the NIF in "meshes\weapons\iron"? Or do I have to create an ESP?

EDIT: Nothing was wrong with the NIF. I managed to get it working by using s a replacer :D

Edited by Gabbe_master

he alpha channel of the normal map is used to store the specular map.

The shader itself could set up to use an environment map, so _e and _m maps, and Environment Map Strength parameter in the BSLightingShaderProperty are all that controls the reflection map effect.

gloss is also in the BSLightingShaderProperty

Edited by Ghogiel

this is lame...

i have dwarven boots that i took from the stock game (the model and texture) ... retextured it, and remade the model to point to the texture...

i have

ARMO renamed, renumbered dwarven boots (with a new dwarvenboots_GO MOD2) , the MODL of ARMO points to a new renamed renumbered ARMA ... i took the models dwarvenboot_0 and dwarvenbootF_0 (the ARMA models MOD2 and MOD3) and made the paths point to the new texture... and when i equip the boots...

its invisible... like my legs are chopped off/ invisible.

as far as i can tell i did everything right... wtf???

and its not nifskopes problem... my new swords work perfectly...