Modding Skyrim with TESSnip and Nifskope

jaysus

depending on what you are doing you might just ignore it... see nifskope sometimes thinks it's still looking at a oblivion nif. So it's possible it's just saying that, but in reality it's fine. I can point you to vanilla nifs that all you need to do is open aand then save and it'll say that.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea what that means. I only started playing with Nifskope last night.

I did it exactly like the tutoril and it gives me that error.

I even tried re-saving the origional steel sword, without editing a thing, and it gives me that error.

Edited by Muncha

I started the non-replacer retexture all over and still had the same problem. So I think that it is a mesh problem, not the esp.

I figured it out.

Hi, I'm trying to get a duplicated retextured body armor mesh into the game and have been having this same problem of being invisible when the piece is equipped.

The nif works, as the entire armour model is visible in the inventory window if I link it to the ARMO mod2, it's just invisble when equppied. (pic attached)

Is there anything else I should change in ARMA other than the form id, modl and edid name?

would really apreciate some help from others who have managed to get it sorted out.

I started the non-replacer retexture all over and still had the same problem. So I think that it is a mesh problem, not the esp.

I figured it out.

Hi, I'm trying to get a duplicated retextured body armor mesh into the game and have been having this same problem of being invisible when the piece is equipped.

The nif works, as the entire armour model is visible in the inventory window if I link it to the ARMO mod2, it's just invisble when equppied. (pic attached)

Is there anything else I should change in ARMA other than the form id, modl and edid name?

would really apreciate some help from others who have managed to get it sorted out.

I'm having the same trouble, the nif of the new armor is visible in the inventory. But when wearing it the wrong nif is used. There must be a way to link the other nif files to the ARMO, but when randomly filling some of the entries of the ARMO the armor gets invisble when worn ingame.

Anyway, I made a thread about it (My link).

From what I understand the form ID in the MODL box inside ARMO is meant to use the form id of ARMA

e.g I changed my armo form id to 000ca1d1 and my Arma form ID to 000ca1d2,

So in ARMO MODL I set the form ID to 000ca1d2, clicked the square box to confirm it, then clicked 'Look up' which references my ARMA EDID name, customElvenmailAA, my new armor.

I don't know if that is the extent of linking ARMO with ARMA to read my nif, but If i link the (ARMO) MODL to a FormID of a vanilla mesh, it works, but if it's linked to the ARMA entry that references my custom nif file, I go invisible.

From what I understand the form ID in the MODL box inside ARMO is meant to use the form id of ARMA

e.g I changed my armo form id to 000ca1d1 and my Arma form ID to 000ca1d2,

So in ARMO MODL I set the form ID to 000ca1d2, clicked the square box to confirm it, then clicked 'Look up' which references my ARMA EDID name, customElvenmailAA, my new armor.

I don't know if that is the extent of linking ARMO with ARMA to read my nif, but If i link the (ARMO) MODL to a FormID of a vanilla mesh, it works, but if it's linked to the ARMA entry that references my custom nif file, I go invisible.

It seem to get it working. I converted the ID to the right symbols and now it seems to function proper.

The original ID was 00 01 3e d2 (Imperial Studded Armor) which I changed to the unique 00 0f 3e d2 for my custom ARMA (Imperial Mail Armor).

In the MODL of my ARMO I now placed the right conversion which in this case was "Ò>.." (on the place of the dots is another character what this forum is unable to visualize) and it worked!