Imperial Legion mod

sanada_yukimora

Hey Ninja, you need to calm down. ** SNIP ** I really, really really hope you're just kidding around, ** SNIP **. Just because you can't do it or one of your friends can't do it dosen't mean someone else can. Calm down, take a chill pill or five, and go to sleep. It'll all be better when you wake up in the morning.

Now all, keep in mind that I said I can't mod; I have no skills with it what-so-ever. This could be a gathering place to get people interested in MAKING this mod together, but other then that I can do nothing but give ideas and brainstorm. Those are mainly my strongpoints; I can give good plots for quests and things like that, if I'm given awhile to think of 'em.

And also, while I'm here, read my story. http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry354544 It'll give you all an idea of the Imperial Legion I want to create, pretty much. I'm looking for something alot like what's going on in my story, like I said. Ranks, a chain of command, soldiers following orders and just a good, solid military-presence feeling to it.

EDIT by LHammonds (File Admin): Personal attack removed. Keep it civil.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ninja, calm down dude, there arnt many things that are truly impossible. And just because someone else tried it and failed means every person who ever tries it again will also fail? That is severely flawed logic my friend, think about it, nothing would ever get done, EVER. So, if someone wanted to do this and put some real effort into it, it is plausible it could be done correctly. I for one wish whoever if anyone takes up this challenge the best of luck.

And just because someone else tried it and failed means every person who ever tries it again will also fail?

No of course not, but if you happened to actually read the link I posted, then you'll know this'll never happen. The first team that tried this was an actual team, with actual goals, was far more organized, yet they failed. If this attempt is inferior to that attempt, then it's only logical this attempt will fail, too.

However, I'm going to actually have to change my mind; this won't fail. There'd have to be something there for it to fail. A request can't fail, only an attempt can, and I guarantee you that no one is going to attempt this.

** SNIP **

EDIT by LHammonds (File Admin): Personal attacks removed. Keep it civil.

Me? You're asking ME!? Oh no, I never volunteered for anything! You really are stupid aren't you? I sat there yelling at you and you think I'm volunteering? You idiot!

Sure this is possible but very improbable. I've said it three times now.

It's already been tried, and it's already failed!!

Do you even have a brain in that giant growth on your neck?

I think you need to think before you speak, I never said anything to anyone so incompetent as you, so if you don't think it can be done, just leave this topic. Almost any mod that can be imagined can be done with enough work. I don't care if people have failed. That is THEIR problem, not mine. Do you think anything was invented on the first try? We don't need to hear from some idiot with anger-management problems.

Two last things: 1 - How you have the nerve to call sanada a flamer i have no idea (do you even read you're own posts???) and 2 - There will be an attempt. Sanada, if it's ok with you I'm going to try this. I would need the help of people who can do meshes and textures tough.

Almost any mod that can be imagined can be done with enough work.

That shows your complete and total ignorance. Any mod that can be imagined can not be made, some can, but not even close to all. A modder can only mod within the limits of the game's engine. If the engine won't allow it, it can't be done.

There will be an attempt...I'm going to try this.

And I'll be here laughing when you inevitably fail.

EDIT by LHammonds (File Admin): Both of you need to pipe down. Many things are possible with enough creative and talented effort...even things previously thought impossible (including the devs). Portrait Painter, OBSE, Akatosh Mount and horse combat in Deadly Reflex to name a few.

Shadow, I say if you want to try it, go for it dude. I'll back you all the way. But don't do it just to lower yourself to Ninjas' challenge. Everytime Ninja posts something on this thread, it gives me a good laugh. ** SNIP **

Like I said Shadow, I've got the brainstorming part that's required down; if we can get people together who can handle the actual graphics and the coding and what-not, we'd be good to go.

By the way, Ninja, if we get all of our stuff together and this works out, do us all a favor and grace us by not playing it.

Calling me a spamming flammer after what you said before...XD Oh man. Thanks again for the laugh, I owe you one.

** SNIP **

Ninja, do you know what the word "almost" means? And yes i know that it has to be done with th existing engine, but almost every idea that would supposedly need a new engine, there is a way to do it with the existing engine.

Thx very much sanada, proving ninja wrong is A factor, but this is a good idea and I think a lot of people would like to see something like this. ** SNIP **

Why is this going to inevitably fail? I don't know what that group was doing, but a legion-questline and a good "player in the legion" system seems well within the reach of a single modder, if you're willing to put a good amount of time into it. And even that's mostly the questline/voice-acting. Why is it so clear that this will be inferior to the group attempt, especially when it's completely unclear what his modding capabilities are?

Shadow: I don't know, seems to me there's a largish number of them.

I wasnt supporting you in your hate against ninja, i have nothing against him and i don't think he is a 'freak'. And Ninja actually has some viable gorund to call you out as a flamer, and i quote "Atleast I'm not the only one around here who thinks Ninja is a freak...(Sanada_yukimora)".

And to you ninja, true, they were a mod group with goals and such, but what probobly happened was they whent about doing it the wrong way and didnt put enough effort into melding it into the actual game enough. The amount of expertise most people who play oblivion out there require in their mods is ridiculous. Im not saying this is a bad thing, it is infact a good thing. because it drives us modders to work harder on our mods when before we would just send out a version that isnt even complete (or seems it). This mod is possible, I actually thought about doing it but im not that good at doing the actual modding part, im much better at concept, i just dont know enough within the editor to make it reasonably good for even just a request.

Im not trying to piss anyone off here, im just the neutral party tryin to sort things out for you crazy bunch of hooligans :P