Imperial Legion mod

sanada_yukimora

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a certain look I'm going for, like I explained in the message I sent you. What I'm really trying to do is stick to the Imperial architecture.

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj46/Cyrodiil_Map/

If you look around in there, those are the Imperial forts from the previous game, Morrowind. Those are the type of castles/forts I'm going for. The main keep in the center, the walls (possibly manned every ten feet or so by archers who will actually stay in place and fire at enemies in range), men-at-arms stationed around the courtyard, ready and able to attack if a hostile creature or a bandit comes within range, and perhaps Mercenaries taking a break from their wars and such inside, available for hire. We wouldn't have to copy the -moth names, of course, unless there was a reason for us to want to do so.

But Cyronarxes, or Cyron? That rebuilt fortress is looking awesome. I totally, totally wish I had the patience for something like that...but I don't, of course. XD

Anyways, ontop of the forts that I would like to have built, there should be flat roofs. A stable surface to walk on, store crates and things like that, place archers to fire down upon attacking enemies (not sure if this feature would be in the mod, but an attack on your fort while you defend would be COOL AS HELL.) Anyways, leave your own ideas and your feedback, people! I really would like to know if I'm going about this the right way, seeing as how I am just a noob and all. I need to be taught this stuff.

Someone I can run ideas by, who is also somewhat skilled in plot development. Brainstorming is my strong suit, but unless I have someone/a group of people to really think with, then it's going to do me no good. I might like an idea that everyone else totally hates.

I might be able to help with that. Also, an idea for when you start the legion: you can only sign on at 1 fort, and at said fort you would be recruited quickly, given an official sounding title that is obviously not a title at all, and used for grunt work. Another thing, would we do the fort courtyard etc... as part of the outside rather then another worldspace?

Seems like it would make more sense to use castle-meshes instead of dungeon-ones.

There are more fort meshes than the dungeon meshes. Castle meshes already exist.

I didn't phrase that very well... It seems to me, using the existing "castle" architecture, as seen in Cyrodiil's cities, one could do a pretty good job at the forts. By dungeons, I meant ruined forts that you pillage.

Maybe both? The insides primarily made of Ruined Fort architecture (re-textured if necessary) with a bit of castle-interiors and castle exteriors??

wow you guys been hard at work. i see what you say about the forts and building them from scrtach and all but why dont you just create 4 or brand new ones and whe the play reaches the top of the rank system or neare gets a comition to rebuild one of the forts as his own then it can be as a kind of reward for all the players grubbing also there would be quest tied in to it like defending it and makeing sure supplies were not attacked and ect (btw this is only and idear).also as a quest i thought it would be cool to have to defend a town from an army of some sort you could do this by copying the town world space and placeing enimes all over your copyed one this way you can make the city look on fire / ruined have and you would not lose no one inportant (just an idera tho) btw who is in the team at the moment

As I told you in the personal message, we should stay with the Colovian Style forts. I also believe that creating new forts is a bad idea. We want this mod to be as least conflicting with the world of oblivion as possible. I also mapped those areas by which you designated on the map and they already have locations (oblivion gates, caves, aylied ruins, ect) on them. Bethesda made a thorough job placing locations throughout Cyrodil. This leaves very little free space. Also, the ruined forts which we will be rebuilding already are in certain strategic locations. Fort Nikel and Fort Ash are prime examples. Finally, adding morrowind style forts will be lore abrasive to the series as

certain texts such as the "A Brief History of the Empire" highlight that many of the forts of the land were Colovian in Style. Also, the main reason why the forts in morrowind werre similiar to that of fortified towns was in part due to semi isolation. Vvardefell was a very rugged and impaasble land. Often, the forts would have to make due on their own for months without suppplies because f the heavy ash storms and the blight. In addition, theses forts were designed to repel raiding and querulous ashlanders as well as to supervise over ashlander tribes. The forts of Cyrodil are designed for other purposes. In any case, I do not believe that we should have morrowind style forts. The again, that is IMAO :biggrin:. :thanks: for your time.

Castle style forts give the impression of power, authority and would make an enemy think twice before attacking. If you look at the castles most of the mods have created, they don't look at all imposing. At all feirce, they look almost lighthearted. What I'm looking for, mainly, is strong and feirce. Stone walls, towers, a tall keep...those pictures I provided, while I said they can be changed totally, are really what I would like. The map I gave out with those areas highlighted are supposed to be completely free. The icons on the mapkey on the bottom of the map listed where things are, and I selected a few areas that looked free. Unless they're unlisted Oblivion gates and forts and what-not, then they should still be open. It's hard for me to think right now for some reason, I think I'll go more indepth with it tomorrow. I'm not feeling super great for some reason. So let's just all mull it over tonight and post what we think would be the best idea tomorrow. Maybe I could even make a poll somewhere.

But seriously, Battlehorn castle is a PERFECT example of what I'm looking for, but without the huge massive gates. It would be surrounded by walls (maybe fifteen or twenty feet tall) with a main keep in the middle. (Possibly around twenty or thirty feet tall?) Something like that. A courtyard, walls with archers...you know what I mean.

I agree. He's an awesome modder and I'd definately love to have him on the team.

We need more people. Please, everyone, post here if you're willing to take part. At this moment, we need just about everyone. A few other plot-managers/brainstormers would be nice too. I wouldn't want to bother everyone with thinking over my plotlines when they're in the middle of retexturing units or creating a castle or something.

i thing that repairing old forts is the best idear i think there is a bit of script that will alter the inanity preferences when trigged also you may not need al the forts the central hub of it all should be the imperial city also i think in most mission you should have a companion like a squad. i don’t know if you have start to put any thing in to cs ifso pleas send me the file so i can take a look and start helping in any way i can if not il give you my email if you want it so you can tell me what you want to happen (im more of a builder than a story plotter) also i was wondering some people may not know where to find where to start so i think propaganda posters would be awesome its only an idear