Just a Rant - Ignore this...

Cybordania

What's the effing point of giving us the Creation Kit with no manual to learn the damn thing? I don't want to read Skyrim files to figure out a Fallout 4 game. I don't want to go thru 20 or more mod sites to "learn" how to mod. I don't want to spend days ripping apart the files to learn from scratch. And that CK website, are you kidding me? That is just sad as hell. All the previous statements WILL happen AFTER and only AFTER I read the damn manual to learn the basics of the program. I would be more than happy to rip things apart to figure them out and make it better for me and others if I could make a decent useable mod but i'm not gonna try any more just to have my files corrupted and mods not working. Depressing as hell.

There are those of you who are wizards at modding and I respect that greatly but there are those of us who would like to learn to do it just as you once started out from scratch to do it and find it so annoyingly difficult to figure it out that it becomes more of a bore than a goal.

And yes, cause its gonna be pointed out, I know when you started you had no book to follow. All trial and error but in this day and age, and especially with the computing capabilities we have available, there's absolutely NO REASON why Bethesda has not compiled a manual to use for themselves and in turn us. As a matter of fact I guaran-damn-tee you that Bethesda HAS a manual for new employees. Think not?

Ok, Johnnny goes to new job at Beth as a "3-D Model Cleanup Technician", they give him a desk, puter with Beth's customized Creation Kit Software and gobs of favorite beverage for the day. Now what? Do they tell him to "wing it, have a whirl, give it your best shot?" -OR- do they provide their new "gonna make us money" employee a detailed, comprehensive instruction manual as to how to use there preferred software program, hmmm?

Ya, ya I know.... "Wing it" won :)

Well, like I said at the beginning, Just a Rant - Ignore this..., It just gets exasperating when you really want to try something and its much more work than its worth just to figure it out. In my, well lets just say a lot of years of computer games, programs and assorted art render and game render applications CK has got to be one of, if not the WORST, I have ever seen.

Again, just a rant and yes I do feel much better...(can't mod but still better. lol :( )

I stopped reading after the first sentences. If you're not willing to work you might as well not start doing this - modding is not for the faint of heart or those unwilling to dig the internet's depths for any information.

Like I sad, just a rant but if you had continued you would've noticed that I stated I would be happy to do that but I would like to read their manual first. After all, they do have one why not make it available to us? After that starting point I would be more than willing to do all that i listed. (which I have done to no great avail). This is a game and I want to have fun playing it not work my ass off trying to figure out everything from scratch.

As I have mentioned though, just a rant...

Bethesda put a lot of work into the Creation Kit and then they provided it to us for free. Under those circumstances I'm more than willing to put some work of my own in getting it to work for me. "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth", as me old mither would say.

The Rabbit

Technically, it's still beta. (yeah, yeah, I know...)

I'm having fun poking about and figuring things out. To me, the entire thing is a huge treasure hunt.

I like those.

Mind you, an explanation for a lot of things would be nice, but that's why I save OFTEN.

I've blown up stuff while trying things more times than I can count.

"oops, note to self: don't do that!" heh.

Bethesda put a lot of work into the Creation Kit and then they provided it to us for free. Under those circumstances I'm more than willing to put some work of my own in getting it to work for me. "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth", as me old mither would say.

The Rabbit

I would likely do more then make mods for myself only if they actually gave us the complete dev tools though.

As is the creation kit is only a small part of the total dev tools.

(frankly speaking I really hope they go with the unreal engine for the next game. Its much easier to program, produces better graphics & physics, is more intuitive & has several databases for learning it scattered around the net.

Oh also did I mention its free)

We learn more from our mistakes than our successes. So I don't mind the failures and trying again. I have a benchmark save to go back too if I really mess thing up too badly.

"I have not failed. I've just learned 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas A. Edison on the invention of the lightbulb.

I would likely do more then make mods for myself only if they actually gave us the complete dev tools though.

As is the creation kit is only a small part of the total dev tools.

(frankly speaking I really hope they go with the unreal engine for the next game. Its much easier to program, produces better graphics & physics, is more intuitive & has several databases for learning it scattered around the net.

Oh also did I mention its free)

The "complete dev tools" for a game like Fallout 4 cost well over a thousand dollars. And that's with student licensing. So no one is just going to give you those tools for free. Edited by Reneer