They are among us!

Stronglav

So I was in Sanctuary minding my business and building stuff.

Suddenly I hear my turrets fire at something and I go to see whats going on.

I thought may be there are raiders or something.To my surprise turrets have killed

some travelers or settlers or something like that.An ordinary people.

So I went to loot the bodies and.... I discovered a synth parts among the loot!!!

So they were synths??And since when turrets recognise synths and kill them??

I dont have any mods about that.

That is most strange.

At Outpost Zymonja I have a missile launcher at the entrance. I got the call to defend the Outpost and the second I spawned the Settler next to me was killed by it. I reloaded and the same thing happened again. Third time I let it go and found a Synth Component on him. It's the only time I know of that a settler has been killed by my automated defences.

Ironically he was the guy I had put in charge of defence.

Well this mod has a setting that will detect synth infiltrators if it's something that you would like to be able to do.

Â

Highlighting Enemy and Corpses (aka HUD) by SirKorax

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14484/?

I used that mod on my second playthrough and it worked a treat , however when I reloaded my first playthrough it stopped working. I uninstalled it and downloaded it again but it went crazy and highlighted every living thing and all turrets so I had to uninstall it.

Well this mod has a setting that will detect synth infiltrators if it's something that you would like to be able to do.

Â

I used that mod on my second playthrough and it worked a treat , however when I reloaded my first playthrough it stopped working. I uninstalled it and downloaded it again but it went crazy and highlighted every living thing and all turrets so I had to uninstall it.

Wow... Really? I've used it ever since it was released and I also have updated it to newer versions whenever they were released and I've used it now with multiple play throughs without any major problems. Did you ever report your problems to the mod author? I know that he is active and monitors his mods and addresses and fixes issues wherever he can.

Â

Wow... Really? I've used it ever since it was released and I also have updated it to newer versions whenever they were released and I've used it now with multiple play throughs without any major problems. Did you ever report your problems to the mod author? I know that he is active and monitors his mods and addresses and fixes issues wherever he can.

I didn't think there was any point in reporting it. I think it may have been because I had reloaded my first playthrough from 18 hours after I left the vault. I know that many people have unique problems with mods which don't necessarily have a solution.

It may be just me, but it seem that before the Institute was destroyed; settlements where not attacked by synths. After the Institute is destroyed, settlements are occasionally attacked by synths. So there may be some validity to the observations of the OP.