Join us on Discord

Dark0ne

In response to post #41567245. #41573665, #41586310, #41586740, #41590515, #41594040, #41596240 are all replies on the same post.

VanScythe wrote: So, once the Mod Author section gets sorted out, do we need to apply for it or something, or will we just get added to it automatically?

Also, what are the requirements for having access to this section once it is fully implemented?
Ethreon wrote: If it will work anything like twitch, being logged in both here and there with the same name, and connecting your nexus account to the Discord would grant you automatic access, Of course, once setup.
VanScythe wrote: Seems simple enough. Do you know about any requirements? I saw someone in here say there was a minimum UDL needed, to be entered.
Ethreon wrote: Up to the experts, I'm just another user. I know the service has integrated twitch and youtube connectivity, due to the strong gaming presence on both. Haven't seen any other connections offered though.
opusGlass wrote: 1000 UDL, you'll get a nexus notification when you've reached it.
HadToRegister wrote: I have a few mods on here that have over 1K UDL, but for some reason, I have no access to them anymore, even though I uploaded them on this account.

Nexus tells me I have X amount of files, but when I click on it, I have ZERO.
I cannot change anything on the mod pages or edit them etc.
VanScythe wrote: @opusGlass, I've got over 12K UDLs, so I think I'm covered on that end.

@HadToRegister, I don't know why you are having that problem. I can see your mods just fine.

VanScythe
@HadToRegister, I don't know why you are having that problem. I can see your mods just fine.

Thanks, I can go to the individual Mod pages, and see them just fine, but apparently I'm not the administer of the pages.

Not sure when this all happened, but I was never contacted by the Nexus, about it

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #41567245. #41573665, #41586310, #41586740, #41590515, #41594040, #41596240, #41597825 are all replies on the same post.

VanScythe wrote: So, once the Mod Author section gets sorted out, do we need to apply for it or something, or will we just get added to it automatically?

Also, what are the requirements for having access to this section once it is fully implemented?
Ethreon wrote: If it will work anything like twitch, being logged in both here and there with the same name, and connecting your nexus account to the Discord would grant you automatic access, Of course, once setup.
VanScythe wrote: Seems simple enough. Do you know about any requirements? I saw someone in here say there was a minimum UDL needed, to be entered.
Ethreon wrote: Up to the experts, I'm just another user. I know the service has integrated twitch and youtube connectivity, due to the strong gaming presence on both. Haven't seen any other connections offered though.
opusGlass wrote: 1000 UDL, you'll get a nexus notification when you've reached it.
HadToRegister wrote: I have a few mods on here that have over 1K UDL, but for some reason, I have no access to them anymore, even though I uploaded them on this account.

Nexus tells me I have X amount of files, but when I click on it, I have ZERO.
I cannot change anything on the mod pages or edit them etc.
VanScythe wrote: @opusGlass, I've got over 12K UDLs, so I think I'm covered on that end.

HadToRegister wrote:

VanScythe

Thanks, I can go to the individual Mod pages, and see them just fine, but apparently I'm not the administer of the pages.

Not sure when this all happened, but I was never contacted by the Nexus, about it

I'd talk to one of the admins and see if they know what's up, or if they can fix it for you. The mods are obviously yours, considering they are posted to your profile page when you upload them, so I don't see any reason why they shouldn't help you.

Could we get a room for mod reviewers?

Please, Dear God... Noooooo!!!

The amount of garbage that gets spewed back and forth any time someone says they don't like a mod is unbelievable. There's a reason the Nexus doesn't allow that sort of thing. Let's keep it that way.

In response to post #41588670.

Thandal wrote:

So they collect information which we provide when we register and when&where we use the app.

As does every "free" web-based service provider. And they can only collect the information if you provide it.

And they share this research with third parties.

As do most (but not all, see Nexus Mods) "free" web-based service providers. And again, they can only collect the information if you provide it. Don't want the website (or their affiliates) knowing your interests, don't list your interests on a public website.

They also share information we don't provide like your browsing habits.

Again, as do most "free" web-based service providers. And you're saying you DON'T take basic steps to prevent tracking of your internet browning?!? (E.g. block 3rd-party cookies, flush cache every time you close your browser, close your browser when you leave a site you don't trust completely, etc.)

And lastly.:

Oh and where can I enter my age? Because I want them to know that I'm not under 13 years old.
They are not in their right (according to their own privacy policy) to share and use the information I provide while using their services, because they cannot prove I'm not under 13 years old unless I provide that information..

They do not KNOWINGLY collect it, but since they don't know your age, they can't tell. That's what they're saying.

If you're the parent of someone under age 13, it's YOUR responsibility to monitor (and perhaps prevent) your child's on-line activity, NOT THEIRS.

Well said. Expecting privacy on the internet is like expecting a civil discussion with a rabid dog.

In response to post #41716815. #41729290 is also a reply to the same post.

Akiryx wrote: Mmmm.... honestly, no. Like, Discord is great for convenience, but it's honestly pretty terrible voice quality in comparison.
highhthere wrote: In comparison to...?

Never had a problem with it. Better than all but the best in game voice chats and of course skype. I prefer curse, but if i started with discord i'd use it instead.