Dragon Age 2 is better than Skyrim

flinglam

Strongly disagree as a PC user.

The PC adaption was terribad to the point where I didn't bother to finish it and has put me off both ME 2 and upcoming releases in the two series.

Maybe unlike the xbox360 and PS3 platforms, you need to make sure that graphics are set to high, rather than at the lowest so that your computer could actually run it. No point commentating on the graphics when you havent set the graphics to high.

Oh and dragon age 2 graphics at maximum is 10x better than skyrims graphics. I mean seriously, its almost as if dragon age is doing a crysis moment >_>

My issue was not with the graphics, but UI, dumbed down linear quests etc. I was utterly bored and uninterested when I was at the end of act 2. I played through DA Origins/Awakening just before hitting DA 2, and found those much better for PC.

Skyrim has it's faults but to even compare it to the shambles that was DA2 beggars belief.

Better graphics

Great if you're a fan of brown and grey.

Better storyline (you become a hero over a longer period of time, skyrim just rehashes oblivion plot)

The "story" was disjointed, it was broken up into parts than no one much cared about.

Dragon Age 2 has DLC's Skyrim doesn't

Skyrim has only just come out, it will also have an editor.

Dragon Age 2 is cheaper than Skyrim and more value for money

It's cheap because it's crap.

A better final boss (not spoiling either game)

The giant gold robots of doom? behave yourself.

more easy to connect to characters (You got companions you can fall in love with, regardless of gender, skyrim however doesnt include this in much detail+ companions are temporary

Cookie cutter stereotypes, by normal standards they were dull, by Bioware standards they were awful.

larger area to explore

lol.

•Better graphics

Nope

read my earlier post

•Better storyline (you become a hero over a longer period of time, skyrim just rehashes oblivion plot)

It's super linear. You can not NOT become a hero, for instance. In SKyrim you choose, which is the essence of the game.

its not as linear as skyrim, whole plot is basically to kill 1 npc. Which is frankly awful

•Dragon Age 2 has DLC's Skyrim doesn't

Skyrim have been out for 18 days. WHy the heck would it have DLCs yet?

Because its not as good as DA2?

•Dragon Age 2 is cheaper than Skyrim and more value for money

Skyrim is new, DA2 is not.

DA2 has more value for money, like I said.

•A better final boss (not spoiling either game)

A dragon versus a LAZOR EYED MAD GAL! I find the dragon better than the childish DBZ kind of boss DA2 had.

If I recall, the real final boss is actually flemeth, whos a better goddamn dragon than the one portrayed in skyrim. You would know if you bought any DLCS

•more easy to connect to characters

Connect? you make your own character in Skyrim, so the story is YOURS not anybody else.

The story is only limited to the character your playing, meaning you cant connect to other characters, like I originally stated.

•larger area to explore

And here I figured you are trolling.

Well played, well played indeed.

are you referring to the internet troll or the skyrim troll?

Well, I really prefer the freedom that Skyrim gives me. Bioware's good at telling stories, but their games are pretty straight forward, no real freedom. Not even the freedom to jump. I also wouldn't say DA2 has a larger area to explore. I haven't played DA2 through myself, but I just can't believe that possible. In Skyrim, the world is so vast and there's always something to do.

I agree with the bosses though, Skyrim's was too easy. As for the DLC, DA2 has been out significantly longer than Skyrim has. Besides, I remember hearing/reading Todd Howard say that the "DLC" they're making would me a bit bigger than the normal DLC. Something like the Shivering Isles in Oblivion.

Skyrim was what I originally expected from Dragon Age: Origins. In my opinion, Bethesda did better with the dragons than Bioware did.

Aand, as for the graphics, I don't really care. Even though they're nice, I've never needed great graphics. I play Skyrim on low settings, and that's fine for me. I can't believe my ears when people say Skyrim looks horrible even on high settings. To me, it looks freaking amazing.

Edited by Amoramor

Ummm... Wazzat?

DA 2 is almost a year old, so of course its going to have more DLC and be cheaper. Welcome to the industry.

As for the story, i thought DA 2 was considerably worse than DA;O. And the whole "We have no idea where Hawke went" thing at the end? Seriously? Thats even worse thant Bethesda's way of getting rid of old PC's.

DA is a party based game where relationships with other people have a direct impact on your experience, and considering the rather short nature of the game and lack of side quests, you NEED that interaction to keep you busy.

As for a larger world... If you mean it reused the same environments more, then i agree with you. Otherwise... Theres really nothing to be said here.

As for the last boss... You actually founds the DA 2 boss good? I broke a controler over that crap shoot.

I pray to various and sundry gods that this is just a troll... If not, the gameing community just got a little more daft...

Skyrim will have an editor made by developers who actually care about their game and community, rather than pure and simple $$$. And that is why all the other things you said are meaningless.

Continue to troll and I'll apply my foot to your arse.

You are right Lach. DA2 got a hard beating for reusing content and being subpar to DA:O. It's a decent RPG, but not on the same level as Skyrim, The Witcher 2 or DA:O.

I'd put DA:2 together with Fable 3. They have certainly gone down a notch.

Ummm... Wazzat?

DA 2 is almost a year old, so of course its going to have more DLC and be cheaper. Welcome to the industry.

As for the story, i thought DA 2 was considerably worse than DA;O. And the whole "We have no idea where Hawke went" thing at the end? Seriously? Thats even worse thant Bethesda's way of getting rid of old PC's.

DA is a party based game where relationships with other people have a direct impact on your experience, and considering the rather short nature of the game and lack of side quests, you NEED that interaction to keep you busy.

As for a larger world... If you mean it reused the same environments more, then i agree with you. Otherwise... Theres really nothing to be said here.

As for the last boss... You actually founds the DA 2 boss good? I broke a controler over that crap shoot.

I pray to various and sundry gods that this is just a troll... If not, the gameing community just got a little more daft...

DA2 is a year old yes, but its considerably better than the game that skyrim released >_>

Your thinking the story is worse because DA2 has new characters than DA origins. Since you were obviously a fanboy and raged when you couldnt see alistair again, thats why your defending skyrim. Also, its good to find out where hawke went, it means friends you made in original game come back to save you :)

DA's interaction has a larger effect on the game than skyrim. Like I said, better interactions with companions as someone else agreed with me.

Same environments for DA2? All i see in skyrim is mountains, mountains and moar mountains.

Did you actually beat flemeth in DA2? or are you just raging that the final boss was in a DLC?

Can you please specify whether im a internet troll or a skyrim troll? Difference between the two and I wouldnt want to be associated with an awful game which skyrim is.

You are right Lach. DA2 got a hard beating for reusing content

THe irony of which is thats exactly what people complained about most with Mass Effect, and they listened and made each environment, dungeon and habitat unique... So what do they do with DA 2? They don't even us a modular system like Mass Effect or TES games, they just make 10 differen dungeons, selectivly block off parts, and pass it off as 100 different dungeons...