Skyrim 1.2 patch

MorwynKelm

Thank God for offline mode. If I didnt have that I would be SO p'od at Bethesda right now for joining the "Resistance is Futile" Steam world with F3 and Skyrim....

Stupid hackers and illiget. copies making us suffer... ARGH...

That is all.

What is worse is that Skyrim was hacked and torrented two days before it was even released..... so they prevented nothing.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we have to cut Beth some slack here, there's two sides to the coin. First, I blame Beth for "dumbing down" Skyrim and even the Fallout series. Porting anything to console and PCs is death. It forces their hand in so many ways and THIS Is why we are still, in 2011, running 32bit apps. Skyrim should, by all rights, come with a fully compatable 64bit executabe. It's an embarassment that we still use tech that's well over 30 years old.

Second, Skyrim, Fallout, Oblivion were/are hacked to crap by people so they can take better advantage of their systems capabilities. I run the following;

Intel QX9650 @ 4.0GHz w/16BG DDR3 at 1600MHz. I also run dual 6950's in Crossfire for a total of 4GB of DDR5 VRAM. Win7 x64 Pro and my machine runs circles around anything I can toss at is, I *want* Skyrim or anything else I do to take advantage of the rig. To do so, I have to tweak and mod the crap out of it to get it truly 'maxed out'. Same thing with RAGE or Crysis or even BF3. What devs constantly struggle with is the LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR.

So gamers tweak and hack and otherwise alter their installs so it's no wonder patches often fail. I don't blame the gamers, I blame the devs and publishers for putting out sub-par products.

I'm tempted to start my own development company so we can ONLY put out high-end games for serious users. You can bet there would be NO 32bit antiques being produced.

/rant

thank the 9 i switched to permanent offline mode after the first patch which i didnt even realize it had downloaded. this game will never ever be going into online mode again. ever.

my game has crashed only once since 11.11.11.

f*** the steam haha! :devil:

I would not be so quick to shoot blame in a general direction. The "scandal" with Origin (service terms that more or less said they would scan your whole PC and do whatever they want with the Information and you can't do anything about it) showed us, that these Software are not just for Copyright Protection.

The main reason for Steam is to register as many people as possible and gather as much information about them as possible. Today you can make much more Money with Information than with many things else.

I would not be surprised (I am not saying I know) if the Copyright Protection is just a Scapegoat to hide the main Reasons.

I would not be so quick to shoot blame in a general direction. The "scandal" with Origin (service terms that more or less said they would scan your whole PC and do whatever they want with the Information and you can't do anything about it) showed us, that these Software are not just for Copyright Protection.

The main reason for Steam is to register as many people as possible and gather as much information about them as possible. Today you can make much more Money with Information than with many things else.

I would not be surprised (I am not saying I know) if the Copyright Protection is just a Scapegoat to hide the main Reasons.

Well said, well said.

First up if you have Windows 7 try this solution it worked for me.

Right click on TESV exe, select properties, in the box that opens, go to previous versions. Windows will attempt to find an earlier version. In the box in the centre rightclick the discovered exe. Copy it to your desktop, name it Working TESV, save it somewhere safe as a backup.

Do the same with Skyrim-Interface.bsa, rename to Original Working Interface or something memorable.

Copy the new non-working interface and exe to another location and rename them TESVScrewed and InterfaceScrewed. This is just a precaution.

Delete these new updated exe and interface from the Skyrim directory.

Copy the working old interface you just backed up and the old exe into the Skyrim folder and rename them to TESV and Skyrim-Interface.bsa.

After doing all this and if things are working correctly backup the whole Skyrim folder to some place safe, preferably an external drive. Make sure Steam remains in offline mode, however to deter them infecting you with the new rat filth Bethesda update and if Skyrim is your only Steam game then firewall block it.

I can confirm after doing all this I can use the LAA patch, the map/fast travel and magical resistance works and I only have the bugs that were present in the earliest version.

Hope that makes sense to people.

Yeah, so this won't work for me, because it doesn't wanna find the older versions. Any other way I can get them?