Skyrim 1.2 patch

MorwynKelm

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so I did the TESV previous version roll back that someone here was recommending to get the game to work... well the game loads... BUT now I cannot do fast travel... and my take all option doesnt work when i loot bodies... now im not sure if it is the rolled back version of the tesv that is causing this or if this is a bug off the patch... this is really annoying.

Had the same problem, check to see if you have an interface/pc folder (there is a mod that you may have installed that allows the user to remap keys and keep their hard-coded functionally), apparently whatever the patch did is incompatible with that mod, so if you find that folder, remove any files called contolmap. Hopefully that helps.

Thanks to the forums for letting us know not to patch and basically to never patch again. I just simply made a copy of my entire Skyrim folder and my saves. Opened game, let it patch, set it to offline mode, tried running my 4GB shortcut to game, it predictably doesn't run.

Deleted Skyrim folder, copied over the copy I just made before patching, everything works fine and now I am in OFFLINE mode so no future mishaps. Even if some craziness happens I still have the backup and now have my saved games backed up automatically.

It is ironic that almost every other game released, the first thing you want to do is patch it to fix issues. They are bassackwards and you dont ever want to patch.

Eventually though we will have to patch for the CK and all of the mods that come out at that time. I doubt they will be compatible with the older versions.

After I finished the thieves guild storyline, somehow my game refuses to save in any way or form.

Really weird, as I was playing with 1.2 yesterday and today and didn't have any problems for many hours.

Sadly, Skyrim is now unplayable for me, at least for the time being.

I just hope my (115 hours) save games aren't corrupted, or by Sovngarde, I will RAGE...

I really hope some modders fix the quests and other game stopping bugs. They supposedly fixed the dragons not attacking (already happened to me) and not giving up their souls bug. Can any modders fix these issues or is this some hardcoded stuff that can only be fixed by Bethesda? I'm losing patience with these guys as I don't want to continnue playing while it's got such major bugs. I feel like I am stuck in beta testing. Edited by deadman3000

Unfortunately I'm stuffed. I was cheerfully playing the game, forgot everything, and then it downloaded when I quit at the end of the night. Ooops. Probably for the best really, I need to be doing university work...pretty much non-stop for the next week, so Skyrim being out of commission is an evil little blessing.

It's quite annoying though. I bought the game (for PC) in a state that was acceptably complete. It ran perfectly and the bugs I experienced were no real issue for me; sandbox games are my favourite kind, and I'm well used to their sheer size allowing some minor irritations (or unintentional hilarity) to slip in. The patches have done absolutely nothing but break the game. The first introduced the memory access whatever, so until I found out about the 4GBexe mod I was having constant CTD problems and even more frequent texture failures (womens skin would turn matt black below their neck). Now the full sized patch has broken essential game features, making the whole thing, as far as I'm concerned, currently unplayable.

How can patching be fail of such epic proportions? They have literally been a process of degradation. I have had exactly no improvements, none, occur as a result of these patches, only new and massive bugs.

Edited by Khorak

I hear it works just fine for the ps3 and it does have many issues with the cracked version of the game. can anyone else prove this? i guess steam has an issue too? i dont even want to get it just so i dont get any more issues if that does happen. confused atm. :wallbash:

After the patch downloaded and I launched the game the menu options do not even appear (Continue, New , Load etc.) Has anyone else had this issue?

Yeah, I have the same problem. I don't exactly know how to fix it/whats wrong. It seems that no one else is talking about it...

I've had this issue, too. I backed up my saves and deleted the .ini's mentioned above, but I still can't get that menu. The worst part is that I wasn't able to authorize the update. "Big Brother" Steam decided I needed it without my permission, and now I can't play my damn game!