⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Nuka World, Raiders and the Minutemen (Preston)

Innocenceislost

Yeah, I don't like how preston is clairvoyant. Hell, it's not even clear to me the raiders know your name. Throw on a mask, and how the hell does Preston know? It'd open up a whole new game of thrones type of playing. Play the evil raider to cash in on non-aligned settlements, and have settlers flock to your settlements for protection.

In summary:

I'd like to never kill npc settlers that beth named. I'd rather slap a collar on them and make'em farm for my raiders. Perhaps make them count as 3/5th of a settler towards my population count. :ermm:

I don't want content cut, because I hate doing the minute man quests and put them off for a long time. Not just talking about Prestons radiant quests, but the artillery and additional way of resolving the main quest.

2 Posters from another forum, stated they got reminded of FO-NV Lonesome Road and that you could only make 1 choice about using the NUKE. I remember a lot of people did not like the ONE WAY ONLY, as they even came up with other alternate ideas, creative, not over the top and worked.

That is the problem. Not everything is and/or has to be " black or white ".

Oh, well ... still waiting for FO4SE to get updated, I was hoping that it would be today, as I totally understood the 3 day weekend and such. I guess they need some ' catch up ' time from the weekend. So hopefully tomorrow - Thursday -.

Not sure what you mean by one choice with the nuke. I recall getting the options of nuking the ncr,legion,both of them or none. *shrugs* Then again I did have a boatload of mods, and I don't recall even what half of them did.

Anyhow, in the same situation as you. I don't want to boot up fallout 4 until the script extender gets released. It also helps that I didn't realize how badly screwed that save would be since I ignored the minuteman and did nuka world first. I like calling in artillery strikes, oh and nabbing that one unique gun off of a minuteman merchant.

On a side note, its annoying that there didn't seem to be a settlement in nuka world you could send companions to. Gage is neat and all, but dear god some of those areas I'd have killed for my Murder Bot companion.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to non "black and white" morality, I think they did a phenomenal job.

Karma -- which was gameplay-enforced morality, defining stuff as inherently "good" versus "evil," I never liked, I'm glad it's gone. Every person has a different idea of what's good and what's bad, and this is reflected in the affinity system. It's elegant and simple.

I do agree with the general consensus that Raiders should become an endgame faction. After finishing the raider questline, I've become impressed with how well they are mobilized. They have couriers back and fourth to Nuka World. They have an information dealer. They seem way more prepared than the Minutemen, at least. So I totally would use them to crack the Institute, if I only could...

I also don't think of the raiders as universally "evil." Some of them are settlers fallen on hard times. Others like Gage just have a different world-view. Now, the Disciples who torture for fun, yeah... that has some "evil" vibes. But at the end of the day, they are survivors too, just like everyone else.

Edit: The whole "we're super evil" flair of the Disciples strikes me as a method of psychological intimidation, like the ancient Assyrians or House Bolton from GoT. Kind of a defense mechanism to ward off competitors.

Still, you do bring up a good point. I wouldn't mind getting a squad of 3 minutemen to help take a settlement, like the Raiders give me when I'm taking a settlement for them.

I agree, you are the general after all. You can summon them with a flare gun, I guess...

Killed Preston. The rest of the MInutemen (apart from Hit Squads) are tolerant of me and don't see to know that I am the Boss.

Anyway, I now have 3 raider outposts. I used abandoned settlements so no innocents were harmed. Each outpost is at a location where you can't really do any farming (Croup Manor, Outpost Zimonja, Murkwater). These are also strategically in all corners of the map, so to speak. Each outppost has a palisade of scaffolding and junk fence with guard towers, it looks tacticool.

These 3 outposts are being provisioned by Tenpines Bluff. I'm not going to make any more vassals unless there is a serious shortage of food.

Edited by mkborgelt13

I've only played Nuka World once and I did Open Season because I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of taking on another faction versus the others.

What would happen if you started a new game and either a) Rescued the Minutemen and set them up in Sanctuary or b) Just played the game without even going to Concord then went to Nuka World. Could you open all settlements as Raider outposts ?

I've only played Nuka World once and I did Open Season because I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of taking on another faction versus the others.

What would happen if you started a new game and either a) Rescued the Minutemen and set them up in Sanctuary or b) Just played the game without even going to Concord then went to Nuka World. Could you open all settlements as Raider outposts ?

You can only start it at level 30, so you would have to avoid Concord for all that time. I believe (but have not tested) Preston will hate you for completing Home Sweet Home no matter where he is, or what stage in the Minutemen plotline you are at.

You can claim any settlement you want as a raider outpost (except quest-specific ones). You have options: you can kill everyone there, your own settlers, or talk them into leaving. You can also use unclaimed settlements. This is what I've done, to avoid the loss of innocent lives.

DLC needs the options Black Isle would have given us back in Fallout 2.

Chr 7+ speech checks with each the Raider leaders, get to tribes to play nicely and share power or convince each of the tribes to overthrow their leader and unify under your banner.

Chr 6+/Int 7+ Overwhelm Preston with your flawless logic and make the prejudicial worthless ass clown play nice any non-hostile Raiders.

Main Story addon, Raiders launch a major "smash and grab" on BoS or Railroad and steal the tech necessary to get you to the institute. Courser captured and tortured for relay coordinates.

Option to send all Raiders and/or Settlers to Far Harbor would be nice too; I just so want to send everyone I can't stand there, and turn off the fog condensers if they continue to misbehave.

Modern Bethesda options have deteriorated back to Secret of the Silver Blade era, "You enter the bar. Fight or Leave?" The hidden ending for Far Harbor was a good step forward but looks like we've regressed.

It sounds as though Bethesda should have included a warning "Progressing the Nuka World story will stop you progressing the Minutemen story and therefore ruin the main game".

Either that or give you the alternative of going all out Raider. That however would have meant to hand them a part in the main quest. Gage doesn't have anything to say if you take him to the Commonwealth or even Far Harbor. His likes and dislikes seem to work, but apart from that he's silent.

And I find myself liking the nuka Raiders better than Preston.

DLC needs the options Black Isle would have given us back in Fallout 2.

Chr 7+ speech checks with each the Raider leaders, get to tribes to play nicely and share power or convince each of the tribes to overthrow their leader and unify under your banner.

Chr 6+/Int 7+ Overwhelm Preston with your flawless logic and make the prejudicial worthless ass clown play nice any non-hostile Raiders.

Main Story addon, Raiders launch a major "smash and grab" on BoS or Railroad and steal the tech necessary to get you to the institute. Courser captured and tortured for relay coordinates.

Option to send all Raiders and/or Settlers to Far Harbor would be nice too; I just so want to send everyone I can't stand there, and turn off the fog condensers if they continue to misbehave.

Modern Bethesda options have deteriorated back to Secret of the Silver Blade era, "You enter the bar. Fight or Leave?" The hidden ending for Far Harbor was a good step forward but looks like we've regressed.

This would be excellent. I think Lizzie could be more than capable of fulfilling Tinker Tom's/Sturges' role in the MQ.

Me too :P

At least they don't hide their agenda behind "good of the people" like Preston does.

It sounds as though Bethesda should have included a warning "Progressing the Nuka World story will stop you progressing the Minutemen story and therefore ruin the main game".

Either that or give you the alternative of going all out Raider. That however would have meant to hand them a part in the main quest. Gage doesn't have anything to say if you take him to the Commonwealth or even Far Harbor. His likes and dislikes seem to work, but apart from that he's silent.

This.

As I have posted before, once you complete Nuka World, you should have the option to go and take the Minutemen out. They're the only opposition to the Raiders, as the other three factions aren't really going to care.

Once that is done, you should more or less be able to take on an "evil" version of the Minutemen questline, ending with cracking the Institute as a good supply of limitless slave labor - and, at this point, you will fall into conflict with the three other factions, as Raiders with an endless supply of Coursers would be a very serious threat.

Everything else in-between, like taking the Castle and eliminating the competition in Quincy, etc. is not difficult to figure out, including the radiant quests. Kidnapping at Tenpines Bluff? Yep. Only in this version, you're the one doing the kidnapping - with a fancy new collar.

Edited by Flowerguy360

TBH, I don't think you even need to replace the radiant quests. It's very clear that you're not the leader of ALL raiders. There are plenty of other raider groups that can try to muscle in on your territory. So there wouldn't be any major WTH if someone tries to weaken your power base by kidnapping or attacking your villagers.

The only change I'd make compared to the Minutemen version is that basically instead of the flare gun, you'd automatically get a gang of 3 raiders from whatever faction the village belongs to, or is a vassal to. Mostly for flavour, and since the mechanic already exists for the raider radiant quests and Home Run. I figure it would be nice seeing the raider actually send a couple of tough guys and girls to help with the protection of the villages they extort for protection, is all I'm saying.

TBH, I don't think you even need to replace the radiant quests. It's very clear that you're not the leader of ALL raiders. There are plenty of other raider groups that can try to muscle in on your territory. So there wouldn't be any major WTH if someone tries to weaken your power base by kidnapping or attacking your villagers.

But you got a good grip on two newcomer factions. In my case the Operators and the Pack. For visual reasons I favored them and naturally Nishka's merry band turned on me.

Right now I'm at the point of having turned the entire south and the coastline Raider. Some settlements I hold on to, since I spent too much time outfitting my settlers and building a rather nice and defensive environment. Those settlements I took over I evcuated before ordering the attack. Deactivated the defenses for good measure and made a peaceful hostile takeover with evverything my Raiders need already in place.