BioWare Continuity Network (BCN) - Preserving the BSN

moho25

theskymoves; that was not directed at you , my bad. It was meant that if people have a download of the complete BSN project site like I do to not worry about sending out more copies, the inventory people have a copy and I have the second half of the invalid side of stuff when they want that, too. Because of how much data I have stored I did not send out everything in the first torrent to them because of space issues. I have 589 gigs of info on my second TB HDD set aside specifically for this project :)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Readers--

We need anyone with a twitter, instagram, or facebook account to post messages to BioWare. Something to the effect of:

@BioWare: Why are all BSN Project pages broken? (screenshot of empty page) When will this be fixed?

If they don't reply, proceed with something like:

@BioWare, You've closed the forums b/c you prefer this type of communication. The community would appreciate an answer about this problem.

Then, just keep pestering them. Daily. Use the general BW twitter and the twitter for any employee you can find. Keep it respectful, but direct. Press them for an answer as to whether this is a permanent removal of projects.

Edited by moho25

I sent them a tweet and a mail. You can get all the links to contact them here : https://forum.bioware.com/ (it's a placeholder page)

I also noticed something interesting, that makes me think the removal of the projects was either voluntary or really clumsy. If you look at each project page's source code (right click > view page source), you can see there is absolutely nothing. ie empty files, 0 bytes, not even hidden content. I find it unlikely that someone would make such an error, not on purpose.

Edited by CreeperLava

I also noticed something interesting, that makes me think the removal of the projects was either voluntary or really clumsy. If you look at each project page's source code (right click > view page source), you can see there is absolutely nothing. ie empty files, 0 bytes, not even hidden content. I find it unlikely that someone would make such an error, not on purpose.

I didn't think to look; good idea.

My thought is it either is intentional, or Projects and the forums were still on the same server and someone screwed up. Either way, we shouldn't have to guess. BW should have provided some notice. In their minds, the general notice might have been enough, but I doubt the community would think so.

For some reason they left the gallery for projects up, so if you have the project id and filename for any of the images you can directly access the gallery as well.

Using this template: social.bioware.com/bw_projects_gallery_file.php?project_id=[Project ID]&project_media_id=[image Filename]

for example; social.bioware.com/bw_projects_gallery_file.php?project_id=3492&project_media_id=6334

Edited by legandalfo

Weird, but notice the URL is different from the project's page. I suppose the files related to the gallery are located in a different directory than the project itself :

Project : http://social.bioware.com/project/3492/

Gallery : http://social.bioware.com/bw_projects_gallery_file.php?project_id=3492&project_media_id=6334

It does mean everything hasn't been removed, but it doesn't help much otherwise :/.

Edited by CreeperLava

Different URL, so it makes sense. The galleries aren't particularly helpful, anyway, as far as the projects that have yet to be inventoried. It's the descriptions that are needed, and any potential third party links. Luckily, we have copies.

I'll update the website tonight, with the information as "questionable" and provide the link to Tarsh's ticket.

If anyone has contacted BW on social media, please post here with a link. The entire reason they removed the forum and switched to social media is it makes it easier to ignore the things they want to ignore, and only engage at moments of their choosing. They control the discussion. On a forum, the community has a much greater role in controlling the discussion. We're not going to get an answer unless we're persistent, and it's almost certain that the random dude working customer support for EA has absolutely no idea what BSN Projects are.

Edited by moho25