This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

Is anyone else experiencing extremely slow loading speeds for Nexus pages? All of Nexus is affected - mod pages, forum pages, images, etc.

Funny enough downloads still seem to be fine - it's just the actual website that's having issues. Everything else is fine for me, Nexus is the only site affected. Wondering if there's some backend maintenance going on or something?

Is anyone else experiencing extremely slow loading speeds for Nexus pages? All of Nexus is affected - mod pages, forum pages, images, etc.

Funny enough downloads still seem to be fine - it's just the actual website that's having issues. Everything else is fine for me, Nexus is the only site affected. Wondering if there's some backend maintenance going on or something?

I was about to post this myself, it's been a week that I'm having problems loading nexus mod sites (new vegas, skyrim, etc). Basically I have infinite loading screens most of the time. However downloading and nexus forum are fine. I thought maybe they were working on it but now it's been a week so it must be something else. All the other sites on the internet and streaming sites are fine, so it can't be me.

EDIT: I think it's a firefox problem.

EDIT2: reinstalling firefox fixed all problems.

Edited by Eferas

I was about to post this myself, it's been a week that I'm having problems loading nexus mod sites (new vegas, skyrim, etc). Basically I have infinite loading screens most of the time. However downloading and nexus forum are fine. I thought maybe they were working on it but now it's been a week so it must be something else. All the other sites on the internet and streaming sites are fine, so it can't be me.

EDIT: I think it's a firefox problem.

EDIT2: reinstalling firefox fixed all problems.

I was getting it in Chrome as well as FF, but it seems to have cleared up now.

Site feature request: for the 'New Files Today' RSS feed, could we *please* only get 'published' files pushed? It's really irritating getting the 'This file has not been published by its authors yet' message, and then having to mark that entry unread. More awkwardly, my RSS reader only stores posts for 30 days, so I've had to create a big folder of not yet published mod pages in my bookmarks and check them every once in a while.

Alternative idea: add the ability to tag an unpublished file, to receive an alert when the page goes live.

Many thanks.

It would be nice to have different lists for tracked mods. For example, a list for just texture mods, one for gameplay mods, etc. My current project requires me to keep tabs on countless texture mods, most of which I will never use. This actually puts me in an awkward position where it becomes hard to keep track of the mods I actually use to play the game.

I suggest adding a feature to the mods' screenshot gallery that allows us to see the title of the pictures during slideshow (not only while hovering over the thumbnails). It would greatly speed up a lot of work as I often find myself taking a look at the screenshot title to fully understand what the author tried to show.

Is there a way to search mods for a particular game by the mod number?

For instance, ApachiiSkyHair Retecture wild look-10357-1-4.7z.

I have been guessing for a long time that the mod number on the nexus is 10357. Sometimes when I use SMO it asks me to identify the MOD in order to update the Meta data, sometimes this number works and sometimes it doesn't. If every mod has a number I would like to be able to search by it. Makes things a little easier having that number to search by.

You can construct the entire address of the mod page in question if you know:

• the mod ID or somesuch, which is that number specifically
  • the game the mod is for, for example "oblivion", "skyrim", "skyrimspecialedition", etc.

The mod page address looks like this, approximately, from what I have noticed:

https://www.nexusmods.com/<game>/mods/<mod_id>

If the mod in question is for Skyrim, and the ID is 10357, then the address would look like this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10357

Another example: Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul for Oblivion has an ID of 42780, so the address is:

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/42780

Hopefully that clarifies it. I have no idea what SMO is, though, unless you mean Mod Organizer? If you mean Mod Organizer, then the meta.ini file inside the mod's folder might have a sort of "slot" for the mod ID that you could try to adjust. I think there was some sort of "Nexus ID" or somesuch option there for each mod, but I cannot remember exactly.

But if you know that number and the game, then you can go to the mod page directly without having to search for it. :thumbsup:

Edited by Contrathetix

Nexus site seem to be acting up right now.
Earlier it went all weird, the layout looked very basic and got really confusing.
I checked on Chrome, Edge, and even my on my phone, and deducted it to be site problems.

Now the site looks alright, but no links work, actually, nothing works except that it looks alright.
Same on Chrome and Edge, but links work on my phone now.

I have Googled it, but it gives me a lot of irrelevant links, and browsing the forum confuse me as I see no one else report the same problem, at least not as I can see.

EDIT: Updated Java, restarted computer, no firewalls running, adblock on Chrome have been disabled on the side, tried again with Edge, and nothing have changed.
When I try browsing on my android it browse files without issues, but on my computer Nexus do not work, and I've even checked Fallout 4 mods as well to see if it was just the Skyrim site.

Edited by Ishanna