This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

Is there any chance we might see collapsible category filtering when browsing mods? Because holy heck does it kill scrolling through fallout 4's mod section and having to slog through every man and his dog's cbbe preset variation. I get that modding has been slow to take off in fallout 4 and the release of cbbe was wild and all, but goddamn is it annoying having to get past everyone's "unique" cbbe bodyslide.

So yeah, collapsible categories for mods.

I was looking for a topic that came up in my Google search, "Beginner's Guide to Xedit merged patch/WRYE bashed patch..."

And when I click on it, I got "You do not have permission to view this topic."

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5479362-beginners-guide-to-xedit-merged-patch-wrye-bashed-patch-used-together/

I WAS logged in at the time. Just wondering what was so extra special exclusive about the topic...

Thanks.

Youtube has many vids from install to major usage and pretty much everything in between for just about everything pertaining to modding, playing or fixing games. Looked one up on Wrye Bash just a couple of days ago as I am getting back into Skyrim and Fallout.

With a recently uploaded popular mod, there is an option of higher res textures on an external site called Gumroad which asks for "purchase". Thankfully we can input $0 to get a download but it also asks for an email address although thankfully I only needed to type one in and didn't have to interact further. So nothing bad happened in that moment. But it got me thinking about the Nexus rules about this stuff so I was wanting to ask: Would it be against Nexus Terms of Service if an author used external site which used monetization? Like what if they made people go through an Ad Fly or Captchas with ads, or sign up with a shady website? Or say people had to go to a linked YouTube video to find a download link in the description, thereby providing it with views and the author with (potential)ad revenue?

While I think the mod itself is fine some people in comment section expressing concerns got me thinking about this stuff so I thought I'd ask so I know for future reference. If hypothetically anybody ever did stuff like put their content behind Ad Fly links I would like to report them but I thought I'd ask here in advance. Perhaps the Terms of Service could have a bit added covering this, which could reassure those users as well as warn in advance any uploaders who might have considered doing something like this? I have noticed stuff like Adfly and certain sites themselves putting in anti-adblocker measures. These measures prevent access to the content unless adblocker is disabled which I feel is an unacceptable risk as these will oftentimes have malicious advertising and allowing these ads to even load risks your PC getting a virus which can easily infect a PC even without any clicks needed just from being displayed in a browser. I always run an adblocker and choose to support sites like Nexus directly.

@fftfan; Forcing members to go through an external paywall (or an adfly type monetization mechanism) in order to d/l a mod being "offered" on the Nexus is a violation of our terms of service.

Report it when you find it. We will deal with it.