⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

We don't do name changes for technical reasons. You will need to request an account closure, wait until that goes through, then create a new account with the new name. Creating a new account without closing the first one will get a ban for multiple accounts. The one with the wrong email did not register and you need not worry about that one.

Account closure requests here: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/564026-account-closure-requests/

I've got a question. I'm not even sure this is the right section/topic, but I will try anyway.

I'm searching for all the mods that do make a reference in their description to :

Origins of the mage guild

or

OMG (another way to call it)

Is there a fast way to do that?

@Sergio;

Google is waaaaay better at this than anything here.

Google crawls every page to find the content, and is optimized for search.

The software used for the Nexus is NOT.

modders spend many hours making mods, staff here spend many hours running nexus, pc gamers spend many hours searching for mods, nmm makes adding mods to games very fast and easy in most cases :) so where is this going ? I would like to suggest a win win for all of us

modders get paid to upload good quality bug free mods, gamers pay for quality mod downloads via paypal and nexus gets extra funds to keep running.

I switched from xbox to pc because I can Taylor pc games to suit my likes, censorship and poor/non user friendly design by makers can break a game while mods can make a game eg fo3,skyrim series etc. people will keep buying games like these because of the great mods

using paypal helps control adult mods being downloaded by kids, but wtf > if kids can kill and slaughter in games then I am sure nudity in games will not harm them.

all my pc games are modded in some way, whether its eye candy or improved weapons or shake/damage when shooting, for me playing a game needs to be fun not frustration so better weapons means don't need a 100 bullets or arrows for a kill and replaying games needs eye candy, but each to their own.

$5 for a quality bug free download is reasonable I think ? 1000 downloads as an example means $5000 which means modders can get paid for quality mods (what % of $5000 is up to nexus and modders)

quality to me means bug free via nmm and no crashes due to the mod itself, load order cant be controlled as much, quality also means high res nudes not barbie/ken nudes, I am sure most people understand what quality means in mods.

finally for people who will b&@*$ about having to pay > well, don't download , or maybe nexus can keep the free downloads section for the average mods and create a new download section where mods are tested for bugs ,nmm and the mods are outstanding quality. (eg sofia who is funny and cute and would have taken many hours of hard work and was stand alone)

I am hoping that nexus will become mod central for all high end games, modders will summit mods here if they get paid and gamers don't spend days searching and getting mods to work

please consider :)

Making mods is a hobby people can choose to share with others or keep to themselves. If money is someone's goal then mods are not the hobby for them.

For those who want to make money they can (and some have) moved to a something like Second Life (that allows stores) attempt to get hired at a game company, or create a game of their own.

modders get paid to upload good quality bug free mods, gamers pay for quality mod downloads

This is a direct violation of the terms of use for PC games. If we start requiring payment for mods, or paying mod authors for their work then Nexus will be sued out of existence by the game companies. :ohmy:

98% of our mods are NOT made by professional programmers, but by gamers who just want to improve their own game and are willing to share their efforts. Demanding professional quality would mean we would lose about 85% of our mod authors. That means that there will be far fewer mods for you to download. :sad:

Several other sites have tried this approach - they didn't last long as most mod makers just ignored their pleas for them to move their mods from Nexus, Steam Workshop and the other FREE sites. And users stayed away in droves because they could get the same mods FREE at Nexus and the other sites. :yes:

envoy23: You'd have to get the game makers to agree to that, though. For the most part, they frown upon people charging money for mods of their games.

They don't just "frown" on it. They send "Cease and desist" letters, followed by lawsuits if not heeded.

And let's not overlook that soliciting "mod for pay" (either side of the transaction) will get your account here banned faster than almost anything except piracy.

wow , did not realized game makers would be upset if their sales increased, I guess you guys make valid points, I have tried to make mods for pc games and also for second life, it can take days and for me weeks. my thinking was reward modders who put in so much work and we would get more and better quality mods for all to enjoy.

I agree that sometimes we spend more time getting mods to work than playing the game :) but a lot of games just don't make the grade and need major help

would my idea work if game maker allowed quality mods to be sold for their games ? mods would not be in direct competition, in fact mods would aid sales ?

@envoy23;

Remember, mods, almost by definition, involve using and/or making changes to someone's copyrighted material. If rights holders don't "actively defend" their copyrights, they can lose them and the works would become public domain. So the publishers (or more accurately, their lawyers) are very suspicious of mods to begin with. If a real market involving real money developed around modding, then the publishers would want (demand) their cut, since it involves their copyrighted materials (or it wouldn't exist at all.) Plus, they'd want editorial oversight, "We can't allow those nudie mods for our game!"

Act like a business, you get treated like a business. And that means following all the business rules. Sites like the Nexus are only allowed to exist by the publishers (sometimes gladly, sometimes grudgingly) as long as they remain TOTALLY NON-COMMERCIAL.