This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

I may just be having a search fail as I can't seem to find a record of this being asked anywhere before, but I have spent the last half an hour trying to find a "nexus ruling" on a specific issue that doesn't appear to be covered by the Terms and Conditions.

Could a moderator (or Dark0ne) let me know the Nexus position on off-Nexus person-to-person sharing of edited mods?

For instance, if I were to download a copy of a popular Skyrim weapon mod, and edit it to work with SkyRealism Shiny to fit in with all of the vanilla weapons I have, and then pass that mod to a friend, would the Nexus take a stance or any action on this?

To be clear, I'm not talking about uploading the resulting mod to a site, or providing an easily shareable link, but a person to person transfer.

Any thoughts and guidance would be very gratefully received, as I can see the Terms of Service don't explicitly prohibit this, but I also haven't been able to find it addressed directly anywhere else.

Many thanks!

I may just be having a search fail as I can't seem to find a record of this being asked anywhere before, but I have spent the last half an hour trying to find a "nexus ruling" on a specific issue that doesn't appear to be covered by the Terms and Conditions.

Could a moderator (or Dark0ne) let me know the Nexus position on off-Nexus person-to-person sharing of edited mods?

For instance, if I were to download a copy of a popular Skyrim weapon mod, and edit it to work with SkyRealism Shiny to fit in with all of the vanilla weapons I have, and then pass that mod to a friend, would the Nexus take a stance or any action on this?

To be clear, I'm not talking about uploading the resulting mod to a site, or providing an easily shareable link, but a person to person transfer.

Any thoughts and guidance would be very gratefully received, as I can see the Terms of Service don't explicitly prohibit this, but I also haven't been able to find it addressed directly anywhere else.

Many thanks!

Hi PlagueHush, thanks for the inquiry.

To be honest, the reason this is not covered by our terms is because something like this simply cannot be enforced. What you do with files on your computer, or privately between acquaintances, is your own business as far as we're concerned.

It's when this content makes it onto our services, or it publicly affects one or authors, that issues may arise for whoever uploaded / distributes it. Keep in mind however, that any enforcement we impose is likely to be restricted to our own services.

Hope this helps!

It confirms what I figured was implied by the Terms and Conditions, but really wanted to make sure my interpretation matched the site's. Thanks so much for the confirmation Dave! :D

NOTE: Discussion of such player-to-player (as opposed to player-to-community) behaviour on the Nexus is also problematic, since it frequently involves individual interpretations/violations of game publishers' EULAs or mod authors' expressed restrictions on their works.

Hi, I am wondering is there is a way to prevent NMM from automatically colapsing the catagories on the top bar just under the mods tab. Whenever I click a mod NMM automatically colapses the mods to a point where I can not see the mods text any longer. Also when I try and drag the catagory to make it bigger it just resets and colapses again.

Edited by xsile

I use an RSS reader (feedly.com) to get alerts on new mods posted, but the last couple of days I've been noticing a lot of major mods getting update notices with no changes at all apparent on the mod pages (Ningheim race, Apaachii hair, Immersive Hud, Inigo follower, etc. Several more, most of them haven't been updated in a year or more). It's not just something in the RSS reader going wonky, each mod is showing as having been updated on the day the RSS alert came through. But the update date seems to be the only thing that has changed. I just thought it might be something that should be looked into since it seems to only be hitting the most popular mods on the site.

Hello Nexus Team,

Is it possible to have the notification to be locally based on the game? I mean in the past when I, say, open Skyrim Nexus page and then click on the notification, it used to only display notifications on tracked Skyrim mods. However now, no matter on which Nexus site I go to the notification displays tracked mods from multiple games.

I know this layout has been around quite a while, but it has only recently bothered me. I have finally found a stable mod setup for my Skyrim. For that, I do not wish to update any of my mods mid-playthrough. Trouble is, I am also playing Fallout 4, which I have no problem updating mid-playthrough (or atleast not yet). Now if I open the notification bar, the Fallout 4 and Skyrim mods are also displayed and I do not feel delighted to download the updates for Skyrim. When that happens, the mod updates for Skyrim mods also disappeared (no longer notified) which can make things very tedious for me to check for updates when using the NMM.

So please, return separate game notification functionality.

P.S. Some people may disagree with me, but I also prefer the old notification layout (the one that lists mod updates with no pictured of the mod itself). The only issue is that it tends to be doubled (like if a mod is updated to version 2.0 and then again to 3.0, they will have 2 notifications), so if you do consider my request previously explained, please consider this as well.

Tis a pity that there are people around that complain because of more than 3 numbers in a name But if you have my luck with names I have nearly exhausted every name for my account and still the game bosses tell me I have inserted the wrong name and or password.I am only young yet at 71 and yes I still play computer games.I am sorry if this angers you but /who knows.

Yes Dark0ne I would like to know why one who marks his login to the Nexus Site Keep me logged in Please, But every time I try to log in I am told "that name and or password is not Correct"". The only reason I have for staying logged in is that I cannot remember my Passwords on a day to day Basis. Wills661