This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

@ Nexus staff

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that downloads counts and stats are no longer appearing in mods files pages or on mods thumbnails on IE 11 (Win 7) - "Total downloads" and "Unique downloads" counts show a "--" instead of updated numbers, and the stats tab remains just plain blank no matter how many times I refresh the page. Endorsements count still show properly so far.

Not sure it's an issue on the website's end or on mine - I'm guessing the staff was possibly working on stats lately because it started bugging a few days ago, before it stopped showing altogether.

It all still works fine on Firefox though - the issue is only with IE 11.

IE has always been an interesting endeavor of Microsoft's: the more they update it, the less it works...

IE 11 has not been updated in 2-4 years, edge replaced it and since then it has been mostly abandoned by MS. Also much of the web is not made to be run by older or non modern style browsers. So its getting more likely that your browser is not supported or not supported well. I have to jump between edge and chrome to see what my add heavy water fox is messing up.I am slowly moving to chrome and I hate it.

Edited by ZippyDSMlee

IE 11 has not been updated in 2-4 years, edge replaced it and since then it has been mostly abandoned by MS. Also much of the web is not made to be run by older or non modern style browsers. So its getting more likely that your browser is not supported or not supported well. I have to jump between edge and chrome to see what my add heavy water fox is messing up.I am slowly moving to chrome and I hate it.

Yeah, IE is stil more or less updated, once a month or so, at least on my old Win 7 rig - but only to make it more useless... The only reason I still use it is my hundreds of old Nexus and CK bookmarks are on IE. Can't stand Edge and I've grown allergic to Chrome, I hate being force-fed predigested content... I'm still keeping a 2 or 3 year old version of Firefox though, which I've been very careful not to update and still works flawlessly (so far).

So yeah, no surprise the issue is very likely on my end. Can't have it all I guess, trying to prevent Google or MS to take control of my rigs and still benefit from the web's latest functionalities... ;)

Yeah, IE is stil more or less updated, once a month or so, at least on my old Win 7 rig - but only to make it more useless... The only reason I still use it is my hundreds of old Nexus and CK bookmarks are on IE. Can't stand Edge and I've grown allergic to Chrome, I hate being force-fed predigested content... I'm still keeping a 2 or 3 year old version of Firefox though, which I've been very careful not to update and still works flawlessly (so far).

So yeah, no surprise the issue is very likely on my end. Can't have it all I guess, trying to prevent Google or MS to take control of my rigs and still benefit from the web's latest functionalities... :wink:

Firefox add ons are starting to catch up but the morons at Mozilla are limiting uI changes like chrome dose but I guess tis best to just have bookmarks like IE dose, as files in their own folder sorted correctly rather than a drop down toolbar. I just hate there was no middle ground for addons, they could have offered a less secure web exstention version of FF while rolling out the new FF while new add ons replaced the old...

Chrome is not bad if you use protection block some google addresses in your hosts file, then double up with cookie/tracking destroyers or use a couple of them in incognito mode, its not perfect but you can tame the beast, much like alot of MS issues but gaa the updates drive me batty for win 10. Also given how MS has reduced the number of games they make for the xbox brand and how they are switching to a chrome based browser I don;t think they have much money to throw around anymore....they can;t even do decent bug testing anymore...

So yeah, no surprise the issue is very likely on my end. Can't have it all I guess, trying to prevent Google or MS to take control of my rigs and still benefit from the web's latest functionalities... :wink:

Firefox add ons are starting to catch up but the morons at Mozilla are limiting uI changes like chrome dose but I guess tis best to just have bookmarks like IE dose, as files in their own folder sorted correctly rather than a drop down toolbar. I just hate there was no middle ground for addons, they could have offered a less secure web exstention version of FF while rolling out the new FF while new add ons replaced the old...

Chrome is not bad if you use protection block some google addresses in your hosts file, then double up with cookie/tracking destroyers or use a couple of them in incognito mode, its not perfect but you can tame the beast, much like a lot of MS issues but gaa the updates drive me batty for win 10. Also given how MS has reduced the number of games they make for the xbox brand and how they are switching to a chrome based browser I don;t think they have much money to throw around anymore....they can;t even do decent bug testing anymore...

MS is valued at 750 billion dollars they are doing fine. They also don't own Chrome as Chrome is a Google browser. MS owns IE.

Chrome is not bad if you use protection block some google addresses in your hosts file, then double up with cookie/tracking destroyers or use a couple of them in incognito mode, its not perfect but you can tame the beast, much like a lot of MS issues but gaa the updates drive me batty for win 10. Also given how MS has reduced the number of games they make for the xbox brand and how they are switching to a chrome based browser I don;t think they have much money to throw around anymore....they can;t even do decent bug testing anymore...

MS is valued at 750 billion dollars they are doing fine. They also don't own Chrome as Chrome is a Google browser. MS owns IE.

Well that's because they are doing less and making more money via mafia tactics of a monopolized market, my point was more they stopped spending money on making their products half decent even stopped making some products because they no longer need to so they can gain even greater profits for investors/executives from de investing in consumers, workers and product quality, because exclusive distribution rights gives them ability to exist and be anti consumer/end user but still be ran based on consumption of products....but existential ranting will bring the wrath of the old ones so I will stop..tho I think Cthulhu is not the dark lord we want but the one we need...LOL

I wanna say thanks!!!

I accidently entered the site while not logged in and I got my screen attacked with a crazy bunch of image and video ads. All those nightmare visions vanished as soon as I logged in. So, I say thanks again for giving me the feeling of being protected. :)

hey guys i killed all dashlets...

i want to make it back, but i don't know

pls help me

Sounds like you hid all the dashlets in Vortex.

You can toggle them back on from the Settings menu.

If you need additional help with Vortex you're best to make a topic in the support forum.