This is the site feedback/questions section

Dark0ne

I performed this same test on August 24, 2011 as noted here --> Click me

Firefox is the Nexus-recommended browser (so says me). I initially could not get content loaded when going tab to tab such as the Files tab, images tab, etc. but I realized NoScript was blocking it so once I allowed all scripts to run, it worked fine after that.

Dark0ne tries to make the site work well with Firefox and Internet Explorer...anything beyond that is just icing on the cake.

I have tested the following browsers:

NOTE: The above "portable" browsers can be used by anyone. They do not require "installation" so there is zero impact on your computer...simply extract them, run the program to test it out, then delete once done. All tests were performed with the software as configured straight "out-of-the-box" without any tweaks or changes.

Check List Tests:

1. Can login and remain logged in from page to page (while browsing and downloading)
  2. Can see mod page description, files, comments and images.
  3. Can download mods over 2MB in size.
  4. Can create mod page (modder action)
  5. Can set and remove search tags.
  6. Can upload files to mod page (modder action).
  7. Can upload images to mod page.
  8. Can add comments on mod page.
  9. Can upload images to imageshare (modder action).
  10. Can add comments on imageshare.

Test results / notes for Google Chrome:

1. Success
  2. Success
  3. Success
  4. Success
  5. Success
  6. Success
  7. Success
  8. Success
  9. Success
  10. Success

Side note: Holy-moly Batman! The staff "delete file" option is an instant delete link that asks for no verification. Scary indeed. Please add a confirmation for deletion since it is very possible we might be thinking "delete file" as in an individual file...not "delete mod page and all content"

Test results / notes for Firefox

1. Success
  2. Success
  3. Success
  4. Success
  5. Success
  6. Success
  7. Success
  8. Success
  9. Success
  10. Success

Test results / notes for Opera

1. Success
  2. Success
  3. Success
  4. Success
  5. Success
  6. Success
  7. Success
  8. Success
  9. Success
  10. Success

Test results / notes for Maxthon

1. Success
  2. Success
  3. Success
  4. Success
  5. Success
  6. Success
  7. Success
  8. Success
  9. Success
  10. Success

Test results / notes for Iron

1. Success
  2. Success
  3. Success
  4. Success
  5. Success
  6. Success
  7. Success
  8. Success
  9. Success
  10. Success

Test results / notes for Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

1. Success
  2. Success
  3. Success
  4. Success
  5. Success
  6. Success
  7. Success
  8. Success
  9. Success

Based on the above test results, all major site functions I have tested have been addressed and fixed by Dark0ne.

Thanks for the reply.

But i have no idea whats going wrong with my Firefox.

Cookies and Javascript are allowed.

Plugins that i have are only DownThemAll and a german writing help.

The System should be OK.

It still works with IE8 on my system. Only Firefox wont works.

If the internet options of my system causes that problem, it should not work with IE8, too.

I still need help.

Question:

Why did you test the Portable Browsers and not the real ones?

EDIT by LHammonds: The ONLY browser I want installed on my computer is Firefox. The portable browsers allow me to test them without all the garbage that comes with trying to embed them into an OS (can you imagine the fight over who is the default viewer...file type associates, etc.). I can leave these portable edtions sitting where I placed them and KNOW they are not impacting the performance of my computer...or I can delete them...also KNOWING that deleting them will not impact my computer in any way...unlike installing the native counterparts.

Um, hi

just asking in here (hope not on the wrong place)

I got a friend and he's good and itry to give him kudos

but it always error, is the giving kudos section still under construction?

EDIT by LHammonds: The give kudos function is known to not be working at this time. Thanks.

Hi

Testes it with the Portable Firefox thing and it still wont works.

Whats going wrong?

I get the same results as with the original Firefox.

Nothing works.

EDIT by LHammonds: As I have noted above, the portable version of Firefox and MANY others have no problem with the Nexus. If you tried the portable edition and it is having problems, you need to look at other areas that may be interferring with your web browser. Such as your anti-virus (blocking cookies) or firewall (blocking cookies). But then again, I have absolutely no clue how to help you because "it still wont works" is clear as mud. ;)

EDIT by LHammonds: As I have noted above, the portable version of Firefox and MANY others have no problem with the Nexus. If you tried the portable edition and it is having problems, you need to look at other areas that may be interferring with your web browser. Such as your anti-virus (blocking cookies) or firewall (blocking cookies). But then again, I have absolutely no clue how to help you because "it still wont works" is clear as mud. ;)

What should i say.

If my anti-virus causes that problem, it should not work with IE8 on my PC.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/4076/nexfirefox.th.jpg

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/5256/nexie8.th.jpg

You see, in IE8 i have a discription field in Firefox not. And that is with all fields and buttons the same in Firefox.

It wont works, is the only that i could say. I have disabled all plugins and addons all scripts are allowed and it still wont works.

Since 2007 i have no problems with the Nexus and to download stuff. But since the new Layout and Software that you use, i cant do anything.

Only the Forum works correctly.

What could be the problem?

Anti-virus and IE8 works, Anti-virus and Firefox not. Is the Anti-virus the problem? I dont think so, if yes, IE8 should not work too.

My option for the internet in my system? I dont think so, if yes, IE8 should not work too.

Standard and Portable Firefox wont works. I think the problem is in Firefox. But i dont find any options that could block something.

You must allow the nexus script.

Anyway, you can try to deaktivate the german writing help as well and check that your plugins are up to date.

Don't know what it does, but DownThemAll certainly is not the problem.

Thanks for the help.

I disbled every Addons and Plugins. I allows all scripts and cockies. I disabled my anti-virus. I set my options for the i-net to the lowest prioritys.

But nothing happends. I cant get it work.

I am tiered, i dont want to switch to IE8 only for the Nexus.

Thanks anyway.

Sorry for waisting your time.

Well I'm not sure if you had turned down the brightness or saturation of the orange banners on all the top 100 mod names after the first day or two, but since the weekend I seem to be able to live with it and read things and not quit reading after the 5th mod. So if that was you guys who turned down the brightness of orange a notch, thank you.

I would have course still prefer dark letters, but I can live with it. It's a bit of a strain but it's not driving me away after a few minutes like it did the first 2 days.

One thing I observed about your color scheme in general, you have TES games and Fallout games and Dragon Age Games, etc... and the banner colors for each game seem arbitrary. What about making themes (e.g. different shades of blue for one game series, different shades of green for another series, different shades of dare I say orange for another, etc...)

Just a thought. I know there are a lot of games, but linking related games in a series by similar colors seems like a good idea to me.

Edited by drakeelvin