mod organizer overwrite files

majnoon53

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well in mod oganizer at the top right you have a button which is a red triangle and it tells me there are potential problems with my set up, in the left panel below the mod names there is a word in red italics which says overwrite, if you double click on it a box comes up saying overwrite and in the main part of the box it says skse file folder

Sometimes files are created when you run the game. Many SKSE plugins create log files somewhere under the SKSE folder. You can safely create a new mod from the overwrite folder to hold your SKSE logs then in future instances drag and drop from the overwrite into the SKSE log mod folder.

Alternatively, expand the contents of the overwrite folder and determine if you really need them. If not, delete. Else make a new mod folder to hold the contents.

FYI - Crash Fixes beta 12 for some reason always creates an SKSE folder in the overwrite directory. If you are using that mod, the SKSE folder could be empty. In that scenario, simply delete.

you need to open up the skse folder in overwrite and determine which mod created it then copy it to that mod. Example: i use racemenu and show racemenu. If in game i go into show racemenu and i make changes to char and i save preset, when going back into mod organizer that preset will be in my overwrite. It will be an skse folder. Open skse folder with little arrow key and confirm that its preset then drag skse folder to racemenu mod(in MO) and copy anx replace. Then delete skse folder in overwrite

• 1 month later...

I'm a "senior citizen" new to this modding thing but am trying to learn. I recently got this warning on my Mod Organizer and now I can't start the game.

Files in the Overwrite mod are are usually files created by an external tool (i.e. Wrye Bash, Automatic Variants, ...).
It is advisable you empty the Overwrite directory by moving those files to an existing mod. You can do this by double-clicking the Overwrite mod and use drag&drop to move the files to a mod.
Alternatively, right-click on Overwrite and create a new regular mod from the files there.

I can find these files in my file explorer but have no idea if what is in them is necessary. I found 10 overwrite folders. How do I know what to leave alone and what to change to an existing mod? (not all overwrite files contain items)

I right click and choose "create mod" and name the mod something related to my profile.....and i put all patcher data and SKSE logs into this folder.

If anymore logs are created in future you can drag and drop into that folder.

for more detailed information about Mod organizer and its overwrite folder read here: http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer

• 1 month later...

Okay... after playing with the Vanilla Skyrim, I thought to give a try and play with mods.

Fist, I used a completed "set", the "TMP Skyrim" (you can search and find it in YouTube)... It was VERY "heavy" (the creator has a superb machine and still has 55-60 fps in the game, I had same... but in many cases/scenes bellow 20!), so I dropped it.

Then... I removed the game completely, made total fresh install, didn't even started once and I started the "S.T.E.P." guide...

First, in "S.T.E.P" guide, many times saying "install the main file, don't install the X files"... and such. When I'm pressing the "S.T.E.P." link (of a mod), the Nexus pages opens, I'm pressing the green button, MO starts automatically to download the mod, when I'm double-clicking the mod MOST OF THE TIME the installation begins without any "choose" option (to check this and don't check that)...so,. the mod installing anything (all? some?).
Second, I have now this picture here in MO:

mo_1.jpg

Many-many files have "flags" for "Overwriting files" & "Not Endorsed yet"... How am I suppose to fix these???

I'm reading for a hour now posts and "S.T.E.P." guides... and I don't understanding a thing!

I was using NMM fist... I thought it was more "user friendly". Now, I'm using the MO because "S.T.E.P." suggesting that.

But I'm "lost" in this app...

Please, heeeelp! I want to FINALLY PLAY the damn game during weekend...

And when I'm double-clicking the "Overwrite" last entry in mods' list, there isn't anything there, is empty...

Edited by LupusHegemonia