The Next Patch

Elsarian

Has anyone really heard anything about the next patch? Has Bethesda said anything about it?

Yeah I completely agree with you there. It is super annoying that I am still having problems that were supposed to be fixed back during the 1.2 patch. Such as dragon souls not absorbing properly at times, micro stutter issues (that I seem to have fixed), oh and my favorite part of what they said with the 1.3 patch. "Improved stability". I never crashed once when I was running the 1.1 version of the game. All I had was the day one patch and that is it. I never had a single stability issue at all. No microstuttering or anything of that nature. Now however, since I have updated sadly, I am experiencing about 4-5 maybe even more crashes a day, and I am not able to go into Jorrvaskr. Once I try to exit the building after going in, I get an instant CTD. Very sad Bethesda. Hell, Oblivion was more stable than this lol.

Maybe you should validate your files. Sounds like you have some other issue if you crash at the same place continuously. If it were a game bug more people would have the same problem. Since 1.3 I have only had 1 CTD and am not certain it wasn't caused by a background process. I for one have not experienced the mass amount of performance and crash bugs that everyone is complaining about. Perhaps you need to look into your hardware configs, shared interrupts, and possibly update all your hardware drivers including your mother board. I think some of you are just giving Bethesda a bad rap for reasons they do not deserve. :thumbsup:

Maybe you should validate your files. Sounds like you have some other issue if you crash at the same place continuously. If it were a game bug more people would have the same problem. Since 1.3 I have only had 1 CTD and am not certain it wasn't caused by a background process. I for one have not experienced the mass amount of performance and crash bugs that everyone is complaining about. Perhaps you need to look into your hardware configs, shared interrupts, and possibly update all your hardware drivers including your mother board. I think some of you are just giving Bethesda a bad rap for reasons they do not deserve. :thumbsup:

My hardware is up-to-date. I check steam for driver updates every two weeks just to be sure. I make sure that everything is up-to-date on my system at all times. Especially for gaming. I have already validated my files with steam. The only thing that was modified was the .exe. I was using a separate LAA mod for skyrim instead of the new one that has been released here on the sites. When I tried the mod, it didn't necessarily like that the executable was already modified. So, I had steam validate them and so on while at the same time, I hoped that it would also fix my CTD issues. Now the problem is starting to occur with the Darkbrotherhood.

After I finished the Darkbrotherhood and did a few extra quests, I randomly started to get instant CTD's when I would try and enter the new sanctuary in Dawnstar. And this is after I have been going in their numerous times. So yeah, I blame the increased "Instability" with the patches. And how can I not blame Beth for it? I mean, they were the ones causing resistance magic to not work, their patch was causing Dragons to start moonwalking, A.K.A flying backwards, in the 1.2 patch, and a slew of other problems. Thankfully I didn't get that patch. And seeing that I had not ONE issue with the day one patch and then all of the sudden start having things go crazy with my game after updating just goes to show that it is in fact Bethesda's fault. So there you go. Thankfully all this new stuff that is happening with the DB is happening after I completed the guild. I can not even go into the sanctuary now to retrieve some of the things that I have stored there. Oh, well.

Elsarian

I'm getting a lot of random CTDs as well. It is extremely frustrating at times but I just keep saving every few minutes so I don't have to back track too far after a CTD. I have done the verify the game cache thing and my drivers are all up to date. I hope this gets sorted out eventually,

Haven't tested the 1.3 much. Just checked that it runs. Hopefully it runs good, because I havent got any problems yet with this game. I have played only 12 hours so havent seen much yet. And most of that time i spent reading books :D But my gf is out of town now so i will fortify myself to home and start enjoying this. Hopefully.