SKSE

Lodbrok

Simply trying to compile SKSE 32bit into 64bit doesn't take into account the fact that everything was moved and changed within the 64bit Skyrim executable and thus a simple 32bit to 64bit compile of SKSE would simply not work.

Edited by Reneer

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's kinda obvious that the SKSE team held off for the Creation Club and I am happy for them...They deserve to be funded for paid content in Skyrim. I will drop $100's of dollars for their work. I just want SKSE for SSE!

I am afraid, I have to wake you up out of this dream. Bethesda don't want SKSE. They did their best to make it unavailable.

SKSE makes things possible which they tried to avoid. It also is a slap in the face of Bethesda about their skills.

I even think when FO5 and/or TES6 comes out creation kit won't be for free any more, or at least you have to subscribe to them and all you try to make with the CK will automatic saved at, and controlled by Bethesd

If Bethesda will make money off SKSE they want SKSE. Learn about marketing please before you post something stupid.

So it's kinda obvious that the SKSE team held off for the Creation Club and I am happy for them...They deserve to be funded for paid content in Skyrim. I will drop $100's of dollars for their work. I just want SKSE for SSE!

I am afraid, I have to wake you up out of this dream. Bethesda don't want SKSE. They did their best to make it unavailable.

SKSE makes things possible which they tried to avoid. It also is a slap in the face of Bethesda about their skills.

I even think when FO5 and/or TES6 comes out creation kit won't be for free any more, or at least you have to subscribe to them and all you try to make with the CK will automatic saved at, and controlled by Bethesd

If Bethesda will make money off SKSE they want SKSE. Learn about marketing please before you post something stupid.

If Bethesda wanted to make money off SKSE, they'd have done it by now. Learn about the past before you post something stupid.

If they did that it's a pretty sh***y thing to do but at this point I don't even care. You want money? Fine, just GIMME.

Funny people bring this into play. I remember talking with Matortheeternal about creating a program which could spot bad scripts in mods. Like you could run a mod through it and depending on how the script was written and it using mods like Frostfall and Campfire for example it would spot how a script was written and how it adapted to the other in a load order and see if that script just activates once and sticks around. Basically doing nothing or if it created problems or had conflicts with other scripts. Thus giving authors who write scripts a bit of a better platform on how to adjust their script writing to adapt to other mods and allow for their own mod to be a bit easier in the engine. I wish I had the engineering talent to do it, but my skills are limited as of right now. Along with time, but... It would be interesting to see if you could create a tool which could go through the new Skyrim.exe 64 bit and find all the old hooks from the old SKSE 32bit program and later see how they would/could be used in the new 64bit skyrim .exe file. I know they've been changed around, but tools are a dime a dozen. I'm thinking the SKSE already has a tool like this, but I know for a fact Chesko himself has created a tool which he uses privately to look for bugs in his mods so he doesn't have to kill himself going over each script or cell to see where the problem lies.

I'm wondering if Chesko could maybe see about releasing that very script tool himself to other modders or see if he could adapt it to help find bugs and what not in the mods to see about limiting bugs.

Maybe a tool like that could be used to find the hooks better in SKSE and see about transferring the hooks over easier for SKSE64.

Again I'm rambling and it's just ideas and thoughts the community could look into.

And now I'll see myself out.

There's a stickeyed thread in the mod discussion sub-forum that featured behippo (one of the team working on SKSE 64bit) giving us updates on the progress. After March the updates stopped (except for a changed line at the silverlock website) and we haven't heard anything official since then. The "discussions" on that thread got so heated (i.e. degenerated into trolling) that a moderator had to lock the thread.

All we know right now is that the team has been working on a script extender for Fallout and that (presumably) work on SKSE for SE has been suspended for the time being. How long before we get word on new progress is anyone's guess. The opinions range from "right after they finish polishing the Fallout script extender" to "They've completely abandoned it and we'll never see it unless someone else steps in and makes a new one." I'm somewhat in the middle. I think they'll get it SKSE for SE done eventually, but it will take a long time due to RL and other obligations.

that thread got unstickeyed and closed.

Edit: ok, only closed.

Edited by SoulThievery

Will see what happens. FO4 took a couple of years to finally get F4SE. We'll see how SKSE turns out.

Edited by Tooneyman

Considering how important mods are to Bethesda now, I'm surprised they didn't just extend SE's scripts themselves.

I mean they must have noticed how many extremely popular mods rely on script extenders.