SKSE

Lodbrok

seems skyrim has had an update with the release of Skyrim VR, skse needs an update before can play ^^;

Yep, just got boned on that. I shutdown the game down for 30 mins while I ran an errand, came back and skse fails to launch -.-;

I was under the impression tho that if settings in steam were set to "update on launch" and you always started the game via skse launcher the game itself wouldn't update?

yea my game CTD (was playing around with getting mods playing nice together), boom update, me sat here QQing XD

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seems skyrim has had an update with the release of Skyrim VR, skse needs an update before can play ^^;

Yep, just got boned on that. I shutdown the game down for 30 mins while I ran an errand, came back and skse fails to launch -.-;

I was under the impression tho that if settings in steam were set to "update on launch" and you always started the game via skse launcher the game itself wouldn't update?

yea my game CTD (was playing around with getting mods playing nice together), boom update, me sat here QQing XD

yes... much QQ atm. I'm on vacation atm too *day ruined* XD

this is a workaround I found on Steam SSE discussions. Guaranteed to work.
Console = Steam console.

press win+R, paste: steam://nav/console
in steam console, paste: download_depot 489830 489833 7780040377772731640
steam console will show you where it has downloaded. copy the .exe and overwrite the old one”

you can also rename the updated .exe, just in case overwrite seems a little to harsh.

SKSE64 will start up again.

set your game to update only at launch and always launch with skse-launcher = no update.

Console = Steam console.

steam console will show you where it has downloaded. copy the .exe and overwrite the old one”

you can also rename the updated .exe, just in case overwrite seems a little to harsh.

set your game to update only at launch and always launch with skse-launcher = no update.

May Talos guide you!

works like a charm

I downloaded the old exe with the console and even replaced the esm files with the ones I luckily had backed up. And I checked to see if there were any newly modified files left. But no. The game still crashes at the main screen...

the instructions said only to rollback the skyrim.exe, so no idea what happens when you rollback esm files too.

Console = Steam console.

May Talos guide you!

works like a charm

same. thanks!!!