SKSE

Lodbrok

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys newbie here. Original Skyrim pc player of about seven hours, already running into trouble.

Everything was going good until i exited out to check something, then when i started skyrim up again and loaded my game i got a,

SKYUI error code 1.

Skyrim script extender SKSE is not running.

SKYUI will not work correctly.

This message may also appear if a new skyrim patch has been released.

In this case, wait until skse has been updated, then install the new version.

Im unsure of what to do. Both FNIS and EFF relied on SKYUI to work.

I cant find any info on updating SKSE. Im Using SKSE 1.7.3

Any help would really be apriciated

I might be asking a very dumb question here, but if I remember correctly from my last time with Skyrim (mind you, this is over a year ago) you must launch skyrim through SKSE instead of through steam for it to function correctly. So the dumb question is: do you use NMM to start your game? If so, have you configured it to start using SKSE instead?

Do keep in mind I might be mistaken, but give it a shot if you haven't :smile:

I run my mods through modO. Had a hiccup with sky UI trying to run frostfall and survival but I just unticked then reticked the campfire mod. SKSE, Sky UI and Campfire with survival beta all work fine with no problems or having to copy and paste anything through modO. Just need to run the SKSE.exe. Only Frostfall fails to run with survival. but that's a conflict between the mod itself and survival (likely due to the heat stats or something).

Edited by Taramafor

Hello, I do apoligise if this question is in wrong place, I have looked and researched, and can't find no info. When I launch thru skse launcher, it comes up it can't find the game. Now I'm not taliking about the installer..I installed the way gopher vid says to a T. Can someone please help.

OK So Installed Skse the way gopher vid shows, When I launch game from skse launcher, it says tesv can't be found. Even though it is in same folder. My steam is in my c:/ drive. so it shows up c:/steam/steamapps/comon/....Can someone please help.

OK So Installed Skse the way gopher vid shows, When I launch game from skse launcher, it says tesv can't be found. Even though it is in same folder. My steam is in my c:/ drive. so it shows up c:/steam/steamapps/comon/....Can someone please help.

Try Finalizing the installation by letting the game create the required INI's in your My Document Folder!!!

You can't Mod it till installed correctly Buddy.

Use the Steam Launcher once so the game can't do it's First Time Set Up.

Learn to slow down & do it properly, or you will in a world of pain.

YouTube isn't the beginning nor the end, do better research.

(Take your pick or all of the above)

MO2 works and is functional. I'd say its still preferable to NMM, though NMM is a very convienient and user friendly way to mod. Its got a few bugs but restarting the client usually fixes any and all of them. Its not as clean and slick as MO yet in terms of stability but hopefully someone will pick it back up and tighten the screws, if they haven't already.

I've used both NMM and MO2 for modding SSE and the only downside to using MO2 is this bug I'm experiencing. Otherwise, all the advantages MO2 offers over NMM are static.

I am pleased that MO2 works in a general sense - thanks for replying. I'm disappointed about the bugs, but they're also to be expected. I doubt MO2 will ever be worked on again though. Tannin works for the Nexus now, and is devoting all of his time to developing Vortex (the replacement for NMM). While it would be awesome to see someone else adopt the project (MO2) I don't think there are quite that many people in the community that could do that. I'll probably look into MO2 sometime in the future - as I love using the original Mod Organizer and dread using NMM at this point. Vortex will likely be the go to mod manager going forward though.

I've been running MO2 with Skyrim SE for some months now with very few issues. I have a trial SKSE64 game running, too. Currently SKSE 2.0.4 and the new 1.5 Skyrim. I have had to go about it this way:

• Game files away from C:\Program Files - which is a given anyway!
  • MO2 in portable mode otherwise overwrite does not work well
  • MO2 is best not run in Admin mode.
  • SKSELauncher.exe must be run in Admin mode otherwise you get a lot of pain when you finish the game and MO2 goes a bit weird. THIS causes a lot of permissions issues which can mimic memory leaks and access denieds.

So far as I know, I have had very few problems using it this way. Admittedly MO2 is buggy and crashes after running FNIS and sometimes SSEdit, and the profiles don't work, but I'd rather suffer those than try and use NMM which only took a week to melt my game through my desktop onto my feet. :sick:

If I can help anyone drop me a line and I'll see if I can put my silver-gamer senescence into helping.

Try Finalizing the installation by letting the game create the required INI's in your My Document Folder!!!

You can't Mod it till installed correctly Buddy.

Use the Steam Launcher once so the game can't do it's First Time Set Up.

Learn to slow down & do it properly, or you will in a world of pain.

YouTube isn't the beginning nor the end, do better research.

(Take your pick or all of the above)

Thanks for the FeedBack , My problem was wrong version downloaded of skse, I was hitting the wrong link. Also besides Here, bethesda forums, reddit, or youtube, where else can I get info for help? These are the only sites I know of.

Edited by eagleeyes0001