Qwinn´s Ultimate DAO Fixpack v3 (no longer beta!)

Katzapult

Ok thanks, I'll see if I can come up with an image. Tell me, what image do you get in game under the DLC tag? I may have forgotten to reexport the manifest after my last change so not sure which icon went out. I used the icon of an achievement that was never implemented. If that's what went out, I'll add it to the download page too.

I note that the number of downloads is almost twice the number of unique dls. Should I take it that the NMM version of it doesn't work so everyone is dowloading the manual version afterwards? If so, I should probably just disable the NMM option. EDIT: Never mind, just realized the extra non-unique downloads are of the readme and filelist.

Edited by Qwinn

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Qwinn; I won't be able to download and start testing until tomorrow night because... I'm in Hollywood at the EA Play 2017 3-day game reveal!!

Was flown out to LA on Friday and have been having a ball being EA's guest at all the events. Biggest news from my perspective: "Anthem", coming from BioWare. We only got a 30-second teaser, but imagine if Dragon Age and Mass Effect had a love child! No hint of a release date, but definitely under development.

But back to the Fix Pack: Planning a female Dalish Rogue, but could do a Dwarven Castless one if that would be more helpful. Just let me know. :wink:

Hiya Thandal! Have fun at EA Play!

No one else has claimed Dalish female rogue yet, so that would be great.

If/wWhen you get the chance to tell the Bioware folks about my fixpack, please add this from me: "If a fixpack like this isn't enough for someone to break into the industry - and note this is the second time I've done it - please let me know what could possibly be enough, because I'm out of ideas.". Lol. I'd be the happiest guy ever if they paid me a decent wage to do this for the entire series and DLC. I think I've demonstrated I don't even need oversight or to be on location to do a very thorough job. Don't know if the Mass Effects were ever as buggy (since there's a lot less dialogue) but I'd love to see what I could find!

Edited by Qwinn

BTW, is it showing up in the Latest Files for anyone now? I did add an image.

EDIT: Just found it. It's actually already on page 3! Holy crap, dozens of new mods a day? Wow.

Edited by Qwinn

Yes it is now.

Also about those download numbers, if you click on the files page you can see the number of downloads and how many are unique for each file. It looks like the numbers that are listed with the endorsements/version #/ etc. are the total number of downloads for all 3 files, and the number of different people who have downloaded at least one file. If you look at your fixpack, it has 41 downloads and 37 unique when I last checked. Maybe if all the files were in one zip file it might have looked a bit more clear.

When I get around to installing this later I'll tell you what I see in the game under the DLC tag.

Edit: actually if you highlight what it says for unique downloads, it mentions people who have made an account on Nexus. Perhaps people who don't have an account only show up in the total downloads? Just a guess.

Edited by Maeassel

I couldn't use the same icon as I did in game because I'm not sure how I could extract it as a .png/.jpg. For the mod page I just picked the icon for "Grey Warden Commander" from the Icons page of the Dragon Age Wiki (I assume to be on the Wiki that has to be an official game resource and doesn't require attribution/credit, please someone correct me if I'm wrong).

And thanks for the explanation on the download count, Maeassel, I'd just figured that out myself. Makes me feel better. So *does* it install properly with the NMM?

Edited by Qwinn

Hey, I am playing dalish female rogue since this morning, so perhaps it's better for others to try different origins story. As for the download page, your fixpack shows as the latest one, so it's ok.

@ Thandal, please, if you have opportunity, mention Qwinn and his work. Cheers

Oops! Sorry shades, forgot you'd grabbed dalish elf rogue, my mistake. Still, Thandal, play whatever you would like... I don't want to make this a chore for anyone.

I'm actually surprised there's no takers on the human noble requests, I always thought those would be the most popular, seeing as you get to be king/queen consort and all.

Edited by Qwinn