The Sunday discussion - Chesko

TheTokenGeek

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed DDProductions 'GTKYMA - Get to Know Your Mod Author' series, and I am so happy to see that Nexus has taken that idea and made it into a regular feature. Thanks to BlindJudge and Nexus for their work on this great idea along with everything the Nexus already does so well, and I look forward to reading more.

As for Chesko, it was fabulous to see this outstanding mod author in the first feature. I was pleasantly surprised to see how many things we have in common such as starting points (although I started from the Commodore Vic20 before moving on to the C64), and experiencing the fun and creativity of being a DM for a D&D group.

As for his mods, like many others, the one that had the most impact on me was Frostfall. I had played Skyrim with improved textures and a few other mods, but when I installed Frostfall, it was like playing a whole new game. And I loved it. So, huge thanks to Chesko for the great mods he's created and I look forward to seeing what else he brings to the modding community.

Edited by Sarinia

Great article on a great modder. Looking forward to more of these :)

I'm currently holding out on his mods til the full featured versions come along, and it's killing me. I see a heat source, and I'm like, Yay! I can get war... aawww *sigh :( LOL

Chesko's mods are always essential for my playthroughs. I knew he was an amazing mod author, but had no idea how humble he was. Just reading this discussion, I learned a lot of things that I will take along with me. Thank you Chesko, for everything you do.

In response to post #44135855.

PoisonBullet9 wrote: This is the kind of thing that makes me really like the modding community. Modders do it for fun and are much more responsive to their fanbase. I wish large dev teams could appreciate the atmosphere of this site.

+1 It was a good read from a cool author... If it wasn't for this site being as good as it was I'd have no interest in games :)