⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

can not export nif in 3ds max 2011

LoganWPatch

I am having a problom exporting .nif file to Skyrim, 3ds max crashes every time.

I am trying to modify the armor ,removing parts to show more skin.

What I have to work with is

1. 3ds max 2011

2. niftools-max-plugins-3.7.1

3. fallout 3 bsa extract

4. nifskope 1.1.0 rc4

5. skyrimfixtool

6. bsacmd

7.CS5.5 for the .dds

1.inport armor

2.modify the mesh the way I want it

3export armor

4.crash and burn

Are my settings right?

or what step am i missing?

I am new at game editing I need help!!!!!

Thank you

the BSdismember Modifier will not update to any geometry changed you made under it, it'll insta crash if any faces are unassigned to one of the partitions. Either delete it and just add a new one and set it up from scratch, or go through and fix the one that is there, I would recommend the former personally.

the BSdismember Modifier will not update to any geometry changed you made under it, it'll insta crash if any faces are unassigned to one of the partitions. Either delete it and just add a new one and set it up from scratch, or go through and fix the one that is there, I would recommend the former personally.

In BSDismember Modifier has 20 and 26

I do have all the body parts in skins.

Do i need to add more to the BSDismember Modifier and link them to the skin.

• 1 month later...

Nif export crashes also if you use more than 1 Material Slot on your mesh...

not sure what happens when you use Multi/Sub-Object material.

in a worst case, create your textures make a UVW etc render it as a TGA or directly as DDS.

Convert in a mesh, and add the skin modifier and BSdismemberskin and finaly for mesh export simply add a single Material slot (expl. Standart grey).

more than one Material ID per mesh will crash yes. I am guessing it is because of dismember modifier incompatibility, Mat IDs will split the mesh correctly at export if that is not present, if it is in the stack then the splitting into multiple mesh objects at export is probably what breaks it and crashes. Edited by Ghogiel

Hi people, here is a totally noob problem and question related to it, so please don't be too harsh on me :).

I found a pretty good step by step tutorial "Modding Armor for CHSBHC BBP body" created by the author of the body, CherryHotaling - http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/534407-modding-armor-for-chsbhc-bbp-tutorial-for-3ds-max/ .

What i am trying to do however is the following - to use this tutorial to combine a CBBE body mesh with physics, created with the Body Slider from Caliente (because of the physics themselves), with a TERA armor (for personal use), but i come to a problem.

I am using the 3Dmax Physics-Bone-T-Pose, provided by CherryHotaling (i red in a forum that this one is compatible with CBBE meshes). I am importing the body_0 mesh, importing the armor_0 mesh and adjust it to fit the body using the soft selection in the vertex options.

And here is the result - http://imageshack.us/f/13/33141730.jpg/

After that i added a smooth modifier under 2 in the smoothing groups .The problem comes after this step. In the tutorial is written that i have to delete the skin of the armor - OK, done. After that i have to copy the skin from the body, but before this i have to add a smooth modifier to the body too, but when i click on the editable mesh to add the smooth modifier the body somehow moved away from the bone structure - http://imageshack.us/f/842/48141238.jpg/

When i add the smooth modifier under 2 the body goes back to normal.

I copied the skin from the body mesh but when i deleted the original one from the armor mesh and pasted the one from the body the armor moved away - http://imageshack.us/f/716/90534315.jpg/

But when i click on the editable mesh of the armor the object goes back to normal too.

The same problem when i am trying to export the selected objects in a nif file - http://imageshack.us/f/46/26051850.jpg/

And above all this i am getting an error message on every click in the modifier panel - http://imageshack.us/f/836/26224028.jpg/

I am really trying to understand and make things on my own so if anyone knows what causes this movement of the objects please tell me.

Thank you in advance for the patience and i am very sorry for the long post but i really need some help.

Explain why you are adding a smooth modifier to your mesh. What is wrong with setting them up correctly in the edit poly/mesh?

The mesh jumping when going under skin, what might be happening is someone might have been pasting skin from one mesh to another that had different centers. Skin contains it's own transforms, you should only need to make sure the pivots are aligned and transforms collapsed.

That warning pop up is telling you that skin might not like you if you mess with the mesh under it.

Explain why you are adding a smooth modifier to your mesh. What is wrong with setting them up correctly in the edit poly/mesh?

The mesh jumping when going under skin, what might be happening is someone might have been pasting skin from one mesh to another that had different centers. Skin contains it's own transforms, you should only need to make sure the pivots are aligned and transforms collapsed.

That warning pop up is telling you that skin might not like you if you mess with the mesh under it.

Ghogiel, thanks for the quick reply!

I am a total noob in modding and for this exact thing that i am trying to do i am following a step by step tutorial - http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/534407-modding-armor-for-chsbhc-bbp-tutorial-for-3ds-max/.

Yes, you are right about the skin pasting, but i done this because i am trying to add physics to the armor. It is written in the tutorial.

The warning message pops up in two cases - when there is a problem with the skin modifier or with the BSDismember or at least this was written in a few times.

I am not sure but i think that the problem is that i am trying to add another body to the skeleton, because this skeleton was made for the CHSBHC BBP body (with physics) and i am trying to do it with a CBBE body mesh. I came to this conclusion because i already adapted this TERA Armor to the CHSBHC Body and there was no problem with the body or the armor except for the warning messages.

The problem is that i am playing as a male and i want to use this armor with physics for my NPCs. But since Lydia is with 100 weight slider i don't like how she looks with the body_1 mesh. That's why i am trying to adjust the CBBE body to the physics and the armor.

If there is another method to accomplish what i want i will be a one very happy noob.

I am very eager to learn but it seams that those are a lot more advanced things and it seems that i will have to start from scratch with 3DMax and learn a few basic things before jumping to such manipulations :))))

Edited by mrdi666

=

Yes, you are right about the skin pasting, but i done this because i am trying to add physics to the armor. It is written in the tutorial.

The warning message pops up in two cases - when there is a problem with the skin modifier or with the BSDismember or at least this was written in a few times.

I am not sure but i think that the problem is that i am trying to add another body to the skeleton, because this skeleton was made for the CHSBHC BBP body (with physics) and i am trying to do it with a CBBE body mesh. I came to this conclusion because i already adapted this TERA Armor to the CHSBHC Body and there was no problem with the body or the armor except for the warning messages.

The problem is that i am playing as a male and i want to use this armor with physics for my NPCs. But since Lydia is with 100 weight slider i don't like how she looks with the body_1 mesh. That's why i am trying to adjust the CBBE body to the physics and the armor.

If there is another method to accomplish what i want i will be a one very happy noob.

I am very eager to learn but it seams that those are a lot more advanced things and it seems that i will have to start from scratch with 3DMax and learn a few basic things before jumping to such manipulations :))))

So you are trying to get the CBBE body skinned to the rig cherryhotlings made.. in addition to that, you want to skin an outfit to that rig with the boob bones as well?

If that is correct, And I am not at all familar with these mods and have no idea what is going on in them, so bare with me here.

first is to skin CBBE body mesh to that rig. have the rig and the cherrys body that goes with it in scene. Now import both the CBBEs _0 and _1 meshes. delete the BSdismember modifiers for now. I would check the morph integrity at this point to make sure the _0 _1 bodies vert order is still intact.. The CBBEs should be 99% skinned already, all you have to do is add the new bones missing in the skin, probably named appropriately: breasticles or some such. Now you just need to paint a little bit weights. refer to how cherrry skinned to see how strongly weighted those parts are to those bones.

You probably can paste the skin from one of the CBBE bodies to the other, saving you having to skin twice. now add the BSdismember modifiers and you can export. That takes care of the CBBE body being rigged to cherrys rig, just some nifskope faff and it's all good. You pretty much do the same with the outfit. Just import both _0 _1/ or which every and make the other morph. Skin it correctly to the rig. add dismember and export.

Nothing fancy, About the most fancy thing is the BSdismember modifier

Edited by Ghogiel