Black Curtain glitch in game.

MrAlexKing96

I 've been play Fallout 4 for months, got all Nvidia Driver, PhysX and DirectX up to date as usual and optimize like all those online guide for best perfomance, all the Fallout4Custom,Prefs ini with all the iPresent,benableoldfile,etc is all set to 1, running the game on borderless 1920x1080 like always, my game run smoothly, with no problem till yesterday morning.

THIS IS NOT THE BLACK SCREEN FLICKERING GLITCH IN FULL SCREEN.

It all start when i lost all my Unique character tatoo in my character, i unistall everything related (bodyslide,CBBE, Silly smooth skin,..) and install them again with newer version,try to unistall everything i download since i last saw my tats (Wasteland Grunts, Fallout Commander, some Skibadaa gun mod, a few armor mod like B90 armor) cant seem to get those tatoo back on, so i just give up and get back to the game, suddenly these things happen:

http://imgur.com/a/UhJLF

These black curtains randomly pops up and surrounded me when i try to move my camera around, still can see my character and others sometime.

First time i see it , i run around for a while, then my game CTD and there a warning said that my Nvidia Driver has stopped working, then it revert itself back to version 3.10, i have to re-update it back to the newest version, then i repair/redownload all my Direct X and Microsoft C++ that i use before, no luck, it still the same

i havent add any new graphic mod, still using the same old Vivid series (weather,etc), Vogue ENB and ENB 3.0.7, Fallout 4 season , been used these for month without any problem.

All settings in ENB local, Nividia control panel and all ini is still the same as before.Try delete all ini and run the launcher , no luck

Any help would be appreciate, because i just have no idea what the f*ck is going on with this god forsaken game, and it have cost me a day of frustrating, one problem to another, the game keep getting broken for no reason.

My system: Nvidia Geforce GTX 860M with 4GB vram, 8GB RAM ~2.50 Ghz, Intel HD graphic 4600.

Edited by xheox

Just go here:

http://www.speedrun.com/Fallout_4/thread/fvo80

Scroll down till you see:

Downgrade to other versions:

1.8.10 -> 1.7.22
Download links: Mega (Click on the word "Mega")

Once you have the file downloaded, unzip it and then just read the README.txt.

It will rollback your installation to the previous version of FO4. This MAY or MAY NOT help. It didn't help me. What kind of helped was placing my backed up copy of FO4 into the Steam folder. My textures are still washed out and grey. But, at least, if you use mods, you will be able to use f4se again.

Edited by NCRForever

No. I backed up my entire FO4 directory a few months ago when I was having other issues. It was a fresh reinstall. I also tried my inis, but the game doesn't seem interested in using the inis.

No. I backed up my entire FO4 directory a few months ago when I was having other issues. It was a fresh reinstall. I also tried my inis, but the game doesn't seem interested in using the inis.

Strange problem with the inis. Which version did you roll back to?

1.7.22. I think the problem MIGHT have been that I used the rollback patch first. When that didn't work, I re-updated FO4 from Steam, then, loaded the game, still had the issues. So I unzipped my backup, and deleted the FO4 directory and replaced it with the backup. The game isn't as washed out and grey as before, but, it is still an issue. I've tried a few ENBs and ReShades to no avail. Replaced the inis with my backed up custom ones, but, the game doesn't seem to be reading them.