[WIP] Call of Hircine: Bloodmoon Rising

TheElderInfinity

@TheElderInfinity : if i remember well you mentioned faction wars (hunters<>hunted) around the Skyrim map, so i mentioned to another italian modder that made this http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6176 the existence of this WIP.

When you will start with the CK can i get you in touch with him? maybe you will help each other and make 2 compatible mods that will make the Skyrim experience huge.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, mod compatibility is definitely important, but the priority will be getting things working.

I can think of a hundred and one (probably more) ideas for mods that would (quite literally in some cases) make your game explode if there were running at the same time as CoH as I've envisioned it. (though the accuracy of that statement will largely depend on file order and the method that Skyrim uses to resolve mod conflicts.)

While messing around, making a personal mod with SkyEdit, I realized you could start making, and testing, a bit of the leveled werewolf attributes. I'm not sure if you're aware of this yet or not, since I don't recall any mention of it reading through the thread.

Under Spells, there's a list of PlayerWerewolfLvlAnd(Below for 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, and 45, Over for 50)Ability spells, as well as ABWerewolf, which covers the unchanging bonus of HP, Stamina, and such. By adding stuff and modifying what's in them, you can increase the damage resist, hp, health regen, damage, and so on, and test/tweak it to your heart's content until the construction kit becomes available, and you can get to work on some of the more challenging tasks. In the meantime, it'll also give you a bit to do. Unfortunately, with v0.046, you can't go in and edit the werewolf race listing, or even see what that contains, nor can you edit scripts, either of which would potentially open the doors to creating different leveled abilities for 55+ werewolves than for 50's.

In any case, I'm looking forward to this mod being finished. I found the werewolf form in vanilla to be underwhelming, and for a primarily sneak-oriented player, it's more of an announcement to my enemies that I'm very vulnerable than that I'm a hulking beast to be feared. Best of luck to you all.

Interesting thing! I will try look into it once I'm done with the mesh stuff.

EDIT: Almost forgot. Very nice work samogen, right now I'm doing the sketch for the UV Map. For now I will use the default textures from the default Werewolf, using the new mesh and make it really fuzzy. Everything works like a charm right now. I suggest you Elder to take Bob's advice and see what's all about that script.

Edited by sergyu2500

Hmm, I'll have to test a few things with that, I just got into the files.

I guess we can work on balancing the werewolf form. I'll have to see how to toggle beast form on and off though.

Any idea what werewolf blood feed fx does?

Alright, right now I'm adding on increased healing rate (combat and out of combat) in beast form and increased stamina regeneration rate. To counterbalance this, werewolves only get +15 health in beast form below level 10. (since, let's face it, below level 10 beast form is GODLY)

Edit: Lol, I accidentally made the healing rate godly powerful heh.

Edited by TheElderInfinity

1. I've no idea what the FX thing does, I'm afraid. I initially thought it was related to the healing you get from eating corpses, or the increased time on werewolf form, but when looking in it, didn't see anything I could make sense of. It might simply be a placeholder to help the game with the feeding graphics. -shrugs-

2. Toggling beast form will most likely require scripts, or at least a change to scripts. I suppose, if you figure out how they have night-eye figured out in Skyrim, it could be possible to mimic that with beast form, and change it from a greater power to a lesser power, spell, or shout, enabling more uses a day. Even if you can't get it toggled, I'm pretty certain you can get it changed for more uses anyway. Just the same, SkyEdit is quite limited in its capabilities, compared to the CK.

3. Keep in mind that the AbWerewolf spell and the leveled spells both take effect when you use Beast Form. Use it as a base, a set of bare-minimum, unchanging bonuses, and use the leveled spells as boosts to that. Like, since I came across them the other day, I decided to go and change them up. I've got AbWerewolf with a base of 15 damage resist, and the leveled lists increase that by 10, 15, 25, 30, 40, and so on up to 70. This makes the minimum damage resist in werewolf form 25%, and max, 85%, which I believe is the most that can take effect anyway, essentially making werewolves at 50+ have great armor.

Toggling beast form on and off can be done; in fact it already has been done.

Since regen rate is based on your total health, I'm not going to add that odd. Good point on the armor, though I'd personally like to avoid making the werewolf more overpowered below level ten (right now it's godly)

I think below ten, it'll mostly look like we've got now.

After ten you get enhanced regen (10% out of combat, not sure about out of combat since its being a bit screwy). Now with damage resistance, I'm thinking of giving the werewolf a weakness to magic.

Bloody hell, my net decided to hiccup when I clicked post, so I've got to rewrite this...

I wasn't aware someone had already managed to make beast form toggled. Good to know. And I haven't actually played a werewolf under 10, so I'll trust your judgement on this.

I agree -it'd bring some balance to beast form, and if NPC werewolves use the same ability list, it'll grant a viable way to kill them before being mauled. Admittedly, though, not many magic-wielding enemies tend to be armored -I can only think of the Thalmor that are armored and can use magic. Possibly Stendarr's cult, too, but I've not fought any of them yet (Only bought the game a few weeks ago ^^;). The cloth-users don't strike me as capable of holding their ground against a werewolf for long, wards or no, and they can't out-pace it, which would make the werewolf's weakness to magic rather moot. Why not toss in some armored battle-mages if you intend to make them weak to magic? Shouldn't be too difficult, compared to some things you have planned, and armor doesn't alter magic effectiveness like it did in Oblivion, without mods, at least.

Thinking of weaknesses, I remember passing by an ability that gives silver weapons an increase in damage against werewolves, and possibly vamps as well, though it may just be an ability to negate their damage resistance. I can't recall the specifics. Anyway, you could take a look at that, edit it to your liking, and use it for making your hunters some leveled weapons. It stands to reason that as werewolves improve with level, so do their hunters, however fun it is to turn the hunters into the prey.

EDIT: My apologies if I sounded pretentious or anything, I didn't mean it. xP This is your mod; I'm just tossing out a few ideas and trying to help with what I know.

Edited by BobBiscuit