[WIP] Call of Hircine: Bloodmoon Rising

TheElderInfinity

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone.

I've been following the mod thread for a while now, but I finally mustered up the courage to introduce myself.

My name is NateNeurotic and I'm a 3d modeler. I've been making creature models since Oblivion, and I actually started a little project making a werebear for Skyrim. The model is actually right before it's texturing stage. You can see some screenshots here:

Wireframe of the werebear mesh

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7169/6834476827_2a0d709b2d_b.jpg

WIP detail sculpt of the werebear mesh

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7169/6834465867_9a942e98d5_b.jpg

Keep in mind that the werebear's body will also be covered with fur planes, so it's silhouette will bulk up and look much more furry.

The model is built around the werewolf skeleton, and it matches up pretty nicely. That means that it should be able to use most (if not all) of the werewolf's existing animations. Anyway, hope progress is going ok for the rest of you guys.

Edited by nateneurotic

nice work indeed.

But i have to add that i see the hybrid form of a werebear look more than an animal.

im not convinced about the legs, too long, only the head give the resemblance of a bear.

As i've seen the werebear in my story, he is more beastlike and more aggressive with the face more fearsome then the bears of skyrim (scary enough on their own).

this is all personal opinion of course.

The werebear is quite nice looking in general so far

Although the legwork doesn't seem to go well in my honest opinion. A digitgrade leg look is fine for something that has one of base creatures (the animal or the 'man') possess such a leg type, but when neither possess such a quality it makes it seem 'too alien'.

Personal opinion of course and one cannot deny the heavy amount of work that must of went into it so far.

i think that with @nateneurotic in this project, the werebear will become even more awesome than the werewolf (that is already awesome as it is, except the face).

glad to see you joining this WIP @nateneurotic.

suggestion : check the bear anatomy, specially for the foot (noticed now what really was out of place in that model)

Edited by argan

Werebear looks good,if im not mistaking it looks exactly like the Diablo 2 Werebear? :)

Oh yes my apologies let me introduce myself...i have exactly 2 years of experience in modding,though i started scripting 8 months ago and im pretty much impressed what ive done already.

Ive already spoken with a leader of this project so im pretty sure by now you guys know who i am :D...

I'm already using WiS and DD (wars in skyrim and deadly dragons). And using "hard" difficulty for the DD (the hardcore is far "too much" for me. :D But only against the biggest dragons...).

I'll look after some others... Later...

EDIT : Ahem... *coughs and changes the WiS version*

Problem solved about the boredom.

Now, still to find interesting werewolves and fights (as on Oblivion, there were fantastic mods overhauling totally the combat system).

The only mod i can think of that overhauled combat system was 1 and only The Blood Moon Rising....(werewolf combat system)

Edited by Xahstur