Please donate everyone!

PrometheusV

A man, im gonna skip this s*** till i have some spare time, is really more than "just" reading SOME sentences.

But at least the Arnold doesnt sound gay like the shop keepers in Whiterun.

Man, they always give me a shiver when i wanna leave the shop, and got a warm "Doooo come baaaack" thrown in my back.

And i dont even enter the Drunken Huntsman anymore!

Actually there is only ONE! voice actor who speaks "nord" properly, and that is eeerm, example: The female shopkeeper of Markath blabla and sons.

She is rolling the R correctly and drowns the Y.

Ok the female orc is ok too :)

But no one can tell me that there are 70!!!! voice actors. I mean ok if some guy synced the mammoth... or the trolls, that doesnt count as VOICE acting :)

But hey, keep those accents coming :) Im sure many of those immigrants came to skyrim from all over Tamriel (I mean every second NPC tell me so :) )

So throw in some audio whenever you want, ill do too... later :)

And this is no try for something awesome, i just wanna see how many sweetroll thieves we get :)

Edited by PrometheusV

So am i to believe Bethesda can't afford voice actors when they average 400-700 million dollars in revenue for each title ? .... i must be missing something. I think you'll find that most of Skyrim's and Oblivions shortcomings are due to time constraints and nothing more.

I'm not saying Skyrim couldn't use more voice actors, but Voice acting charity sounds pretty silly.

You can get paid $350 an hour for reading/recording an audiobook, $500 for a 60 second radio commercial spot

if you are serious. this doesnt need to be donated to bethesda but the modding community.

start with specific characters in game quest line ones and start having them re-recorded.

I would love to see a complete overhaul to the voice acting. there is not enough and not enough clues for quests and redundant random comments for days.

Oh, but the comedic possibilities are endless! Maybe a guard with a good U.S. Southern drawl?

"Ah uuused to be 'n Ad-venturer like ya'll. Then an arra hit me in mah knee."

"Hey! Ya'll got some fur commin' outta ya' ear!"

"If'n Ah find ya'lls hand in mah pocket, we gon' throw down, raght here, raght now!"

"Hey! You the won from that thar college! I heerd 'bout you!"

"Momma always said: The best off-fence is a darn good def-fence. You got that raght."

"What ken I do for ya?"

"You best wipe that kay-ote grin off'n ya'lls face 'fore Ah wipe it off fer ya!"

"What? Somebody steal ya'lls donut?"

And famous last words from a redneck outlaw:

"Could'a sworn I heerd somethin. Twernt nottin, I guess."

I'm still wondering where are the promised 70 voiced actors... And why is it that female Nords have that heavy German (or Scandinavian?) accent but not the males?

I'd donate, but then everyone would complain that my accent breaks lore. :down:

I think a different accent would not break lore if used for Argonians, Khajiits etc. (like Bethesda did in Skyrim).

Well, I don't have the time or the equipment but putting my and other Australian voices in Skyrim WOULD be hilarious. I use ta be an adventurer like you, then some bugger shot an 'arra in me knee!

Oh, but the comedic possibilities are endless! Maybe a guard with a good U.S. Southern drawl?

"Ah uuused to be 'n Ad-venturer like ya'll. Then an arra hit me in mah knee."

"Hey! Ya'll got some fur commin' outta ya' ear!"

"If'n Ah find ya'lls hand in mah pocket, we gon' throw down, raght here, raght now!"

"Hey! You the won from that thar college! I heerd 'bout you!"

"Momma always said: The best off-fence is a darn good def-fence. You got that raght."

"What ken I do for ya?"

"You best wipe that kay-ote grin off'n ya'lls face 'fore Ah wipe it off fer ya!"

"What? Somebody steal ya'lls donut?"

And famous last words from a redneck outlaw:

"Could'a sworn I heerd somethin. Twernt nottin, I guess."

HAHAHAHA nice one. I wouldn't mind running into a guard with a southern accent, it'd be hilarious. But if we want to stick to lore

Bretons : British and French

Nords: Northern European, mainly scandinavian.

Imperial: Mixture I think?

Redguards: African

Khajiit: Arabic

I think these 5 races are the only ones with distinct accents from our world. The rest just sound more fantasy, like eloquent manner of speech for elves, hissing snake-like voices for argonians etc.

Here is a dane speaking english

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTozrTpxldM

Are you really sure thats better than the current guards? :P

But most danes under 30 speaks A LOT better english than that. Sadly i only got a microphone suited for gaming, and dont know anyone that got that kind of equipment, but if some danes, near me ofc, was planing to re-record some of the voices in Skyrim i would gladly help.

Well we already have a certain charismatic, australian-voiced Dark Elf priest (check in the bar in Dawnstar) and I think it suits, though there are diferent australian accents and his is pretty unusual. I live right down the far south, and my accent errs more along the lines of an english accent-I get mistaken for english quite a lot, I'm not sure where his is from, I'd guess rural and far north.

if you are serious. this doesnt need to be donated to bethesda but the modding community.

Hint: he's not serious.

I think we should all record the accidentally deleted line of a guard:

"You may be the savior of us all, but I can't tell whether you're a warrior, thief, or mage, your gender, what specific quests you've solved, whom you've helped, what you're wearing, or what you need. And I'm going to keep my eye on you!"

On the matter of American accents: There are over 30 major groupings. So when you want a Southern accent, it helps to point to an example. A coastal or interior Georgian accent is very different from an Alabaman. Same with a "broad" American accent. Usually people mean a "Midwestern accent," which in turn means Missouri/Nebraska/Kansas/Illinois. I was born in the Bronx in New York City, but worked in radio professionally for over 20 years. Studied and learned that Midwestern, though I can do a few others just from living in different US areas.

I always thought the male Khajits in Oblivion were voiced by one Hungarian. Had a nice accent, too.