ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mossberg 590 low poly models are done, except for the UV mapping - I leave that until after the high-poly models are done, just in case I need to tweak something in the low poly to match. I'm currently... halfway through doing the high poly, I guess? It's going much more quickly than the high-poly for the USAS-12; I've changed my workflow a bit.

I did give it a heat-shield, in the end. An all-new one; the heat-shield in the resource had some problems. It was interesting; the model itself is actually just a flat sheet with holes in it - and then a bunch of modifiers on top to literally bend it into shape. I can imagine the real thing being made from sheet metal in a similar way.

Anyway, I'm still not sure what effects to give the heat-shield as an attachment (because it will be on its own "slot", rather than having barrel variants with and without a heat shield). A durability increase and a minor recoil reduction, like I said earlier? Durability (in AmmoTweaks) is optional I believe, so that may not be so useful for some people. So again; if anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

The Mossberg 590 low poly models are done, except for the UV mapping - I leave that until after the high-poly models are done, just in case I need to tweak something in the low poly to match. I'm currently... halfway through doing the high poly, I guess? It's going much more quickly than the high-poly for the USAS-12; I've changed my workflow a bit.

I did give it a heat-shield, in the end. An all-new one; the heat-shield in the resource had some problems. It was interesting; the model itself is actually just a flat sheet with holes in it - and then a bunch of modifiers on top to literally bend it into shape. I can imagine the real thing being made from sheet metal in a similar way.

Anyway, I'm still not sure what effects to give the heat-shield as an attachment (because it will be on its own "slot", rather than having barrel variants with and without a heat shield). A durability increase and a minor recoil reduction, like I said earlier? Durability (in AmmoTweaks) is optional I believe, so that may not be so useful for some people. So again; if anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

I was disconnected for some serious personal problems, today I opened the account and saw the photos of the USAS12 and your progress, I noticed a small detail, in the photos of the USAS12, the iron sight has a bright green circle, And I think in real life it's not like that, it's just metal

Edited by ZOMKILL

I was disconnected for some serious personal problems, today I opened the account and saw the photos of the USAS12 and your progress, I noticed a small detail, in the photos of the USAS12, the iron sight has a bright green circle, And I think in real life it's not like that, it's just metal

You mean like in this shot? That's just the glow-sights attachment; the standard iron-sights option doesn't have the glowing bits.

You mean like in this shot? That's just the glow-sights attachment; the standard iron-sights option doesn't have the glowing bits.

I was just referring to this, I apologize for being so manic, but I look at the details

The high-poly models for the Mossberg 590 are basically finished now:

- Mossberg 590 01

- Mossberg 590 02

- Mossberg 590 03

- Mossberg 590 04

- Mossberg 590 05

As I mentioned earlier, I used An Aggressive Napkin's resource as a starting point, but made a lot of changes and additions to it. I ended up not using the included low-poly at all, and started from the high-poly instead.

The shell holder and cruiser grip are based on Tigg's M500 resource - again with some changes by me.

Next up is UV-mapping the low-poly models.

I really want to release your mod, the wait is becoming eternal, and I imagine that there is still a year of development as a minimum, right?

Like I said before (at some point); months not years. ;) Too early to say exactly how many months, though.