[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

Hey i just wanted to drop by and say that im loving the progress so far and am super excited for this mod to drop.

No real point to this, other then to remind you amazing guys that there are ALOT of people who cant wait for this mod.

Dont get me wrong, take all the time it needs for you to feel satisfied with your work. Just know that i will be fighting to be first to download, endorse, and kudos the mod when it drops!

Have a great 2018

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Antistar glad to see it coming along. No text walls for you to slog through this time just a big thumbs up over the interwebs and some suggestions.

I have been thinking about what mods you may want to have as suggested on your page once it is done just so people can get the perfect F4 experience. I just found one I cannot live without called "Raw Input". Basically takes away weird shitty aim stuff and makes it feel like the true PC experience it should be. This mod goes beyond just adjusting some .ini lines and I have tested just removing the annoying stuff myself in the files and using this mod.

This mod adjusts some of that stuff but I guess it supposedly adds some stuff too. Anyway the aiming feels great, no sprinting view changes and turn speed reduction, no mouse acceleration, just plain ole feels good man. I may post a few on here that I think don't infringe in any way on what this mod is and that you may suggest to people so they can get that perfect experience. Check out this mod and tell me what you think man!

Yours truly the large walls of text guy who has probably accidentally done it again due to excitement and his new 21:9 aspect ratio monitor making it hard to see what the text would look like on normal aspect ratio.

Edited by celdorash

Oh yeah I thought of something else and I wasn't sure if you knew how to do this because I think it is a rather easy fix. Basically there are mods that make it so your bullet casings stay on the ground a lot longer without disappearing so that you can see the awesome aftermath. There is one that makes it so the mags you pull out stay on the ground as well. Finally there is one that makes it so the holes your bullets make in walls can appear at a further distance so that you don't shoot a wall while scoped and have it bounce off and do literally nothing.

I was wondering if you could somehow wrap up these changes into the mod as from what I understand they are easy fixes. (could be wrong)

Also I was curious if you were going to have your bullets have a little travel time like in real life as some mods do or if you planned on sticking with the standard hitscan. Sorry if this is already mentioned as I vaguely feel I remember reading something about this somewhere in the thread.

Hey thanks everyone. :)

Glad to see some sweet Czechnology making it into the mod. Is there a list with the to-date confirmed weapons in your mod floating around somewhere?

Yes, in the OP. You reminded me to move the Skorpion from the unconfirmed to confirmed list, though.

Hey Antistar glad to see it coming along. No text walls for you to slog through this time just a big thumbs up over the interwebs and some suggestions.

I have been thinking about what mods you may want to have as suggested on your page once it is done just so people can get the perfect F4 experience. I just found one I cannot live without called "Raw Input". Basically takes away weird shitty aim stuff and makes it feel like the true PC experience it should be. This mod goes beyond just adjusting some .ini lines and I have tested just removing the annoying stuff myself in the files and using this mod.

This mod adjusts some of that stuff but I guess it supposedly adds some stuff too. Anyway the aiming feels great, no sprinting view changes and turn speed reduction, no mouse acceleration, just plain ole feels good man. I may post a few on here that I think don't infringe in any way on what this mod is and that you may suggest to people so they can get that perfect experience. Check out this mod and tell me what you think man!

Yours truly the large walls of text guy who has probably accidentally done it again due to excitement and his new 21:9 aspect ratio monitor making it hard to see what the text would look like on normal aspect ratio.

I just mentioned Raw Input in a recent post, actually. I'm glad it exists too. 1:1 raw mouse input seems like a pretty damn simple concept, but I can only assume it's super-complicated to do since so many developers can't seem to manage it. (Or more likely aren't given the time to by their publishers.)

Oh yeah I thought of something else and I wasn't sure if you knew how to do this because I think it is a rather easy fix. Basically there are mods that make it so your bullet casings stay on the ground a lot longer without disappearing so that you can see the awesome aftermath. There is one that makes it so the mags you pull out stay on the ground as well. Finally there is one that makes it so the holes your bullets make in walls can appear at a further distance so that you don't shoot a wall while scoped and have it bounce off and do literally nothing.

I was wondering if you could somehow wrap up these changes into the mod as from what I understand they are easy fixes. (could be wrong)

Also I was curious if you were going to have your bullets have a little travel time like in real life as some mods do or if you planned on sticking with the standard hitscan. Sorry if this is already mentioned as I vaguely feel I remember reading something about this somewhere in the thread.

I've got impact effect distance and shell casing lifetime increases in my own personal tweaks plugin (slash associated ini file), but I don't know about including something like that in WARS. That's getting into the realm of performance-related changes and a lot of people may want to use their own preferred values for them rather than whatever I chose.

Yes, ballistic trajectories are planned for firearms projectiles; "bullets aren't lasers", like it says in the second post. ;) This is something isathar is doing in AmmoTweaks I believe, so WARS will likely be using AmmoTweaks' values for that.

Yes, ballistic trajectories are planned for firearms projectiles; "bullets aren't lasers", like it says in the second post. ;) This is something isathar is doing in AmmoTweaks I believe, so WARS will likely be using AmmoTweaks' values for that.

I had shitty experience with ballistic trajectories in FO4. Basically the hitboxes are incredibly bad. If fighting out in the open it isn't much of an issue although combat in downtown Boston can be a nightmare, as it's filled with invisible walls or railings whose hitboxes are three times larger than the rail itself. Unless it's fixed I think hitscan is just a better option.

Sloppy collision geometry has been a problem in Bethsoft's games going back to FO3 at least - with hitscan or ballistic projectiles. I'm surprised to hear it's apparently worse with ballistic projectiles; I wouldn't have thought it would be better or worse either way. Off the top of my head though, projectiles do have a collision radius value that I seem to recall hearing only really comes up with non-hitscan projectiles. I've heard it can be a problem if that value is set too high (e.g. with the projectile impacting the weapon it's being fired from, even). From what I've heard, isathar is putting a lot of effort into... everything in AmmoTweaks, really, so I'm hopeful that these collision radius values will be set appropriately.

In any case, there's no way I'm doing without ballistic projectiles for firearms unless there are problems on a "not working at all" level of severity.

Edit: Forgot to mention earlier; there are mods for FNV (and possibly FO3?) that improve the collision geometry on world objects. Hopefully we'll get something like that for FO4 too.

Edited by antistar

Antistar,I wonder. We have the Thompson for the .45 ACP SMG. Another popular SMG for that calibre is the KRISS Vector. I'm absolutely certain you've seen it somewhere,thanks to its proliferation in fiction,especially games. High RoF,negligible recoil thanks to comps and clever design,and,thanks to the inherent power of .45 ACP,a close quarters powerhouse. The compact design and folding stock makes it smaller and lighter than the classic Tommy Gun,though I can't see hide nor hair about Vector-compatible high capacity magazines. Or suppressors.

Something to consider? It would allow you to clearly define roles for both weapons,too; One for when you need a drum,and one for when you just can't spare the weight.

Sloppy collision geometry has been a problem in Bethsoft's games going back to FO3 at least - with hitscan or ballistic projectiles. I'm surprised to hear it's apparently worse with ballistic projectiles; I wouldn't have thought it would be better or worse either way. Off the top of my head though, projectiles do have a collision radius value that I seem to recall hearing only really comes up with non-hitscan projectiles. I've heard it can be a problem if that value is set too high (e.g. with the projectile impacting the weapon it's being fired from, even). From what I've heard, isathar is putting a lot of effort into... everything in AmmoTweaks, really, so I'm hopeful that these collision radius values will be set appropriately.

In any case, there's no way I'm doing without ballistic projectiles for firearms unless there are problems on a "not working at all" level of severity.

Edit: Forgot to mention earlier; there are mods for FNV (and possibly FO3?) that improve the collision geometry on world objects. Hopefully we'll get something like that for FO4 too.

I know jack s#*! to be honest, but I swear I hit my targets with hitscan with no problems at all while ballistic projectiles tend to ricochet a lot, mostly when they really shouldn't - next to wall edges, tops of fences and those god damned industrial railings

Also take it with a grain of salt but I think I read somewhere one day that hitscan can ignore walls under certain circumstances, it's as if they made it to ignore the railings or invisible walls in most car wrecks. If it's true I suppose it was made so weapons like the rocket launcher or Fat Man can't go through tight spots

And to be honest, I haven't tried AmmoTweaks, I only used Bullets of Fate and some other mod. They both do the same thing and both were abandoned after one or two updates

Also do you perhaps know whether someone is working on some sort of auto reloading disabler? There's a mod on Nexus that does just that but from the looks of it it's super buggy and the way it does its thing leaves a lot to be desired

The Vector uses Glock magazines, so as long as you can find a high capacity .45 Glock mag you can use it in the vector. That said, I've seen a LOT more 9mm high cap mags than .45. And suppressors are pretty much universal; as long as the caliber of the suppressor is equal to or greater than the gun you're putting it on, it'll work (with varying degrees of effectiveness and durability).

Personally I think a Vector is a bit too modern for fallout. You could always convert the existing Vector mod once WARS releases.

Edited by kuzi127