⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

Hi Antistar, like others Ive been following this for a while and I love the work you've done! Honestly can't wait for this to he released! I do have a few questions however. If these were answered in the thread already sorry, although I try to keep up with it the thread is pretty long.

For the AR-15 do you plan/ have you already added RIS II style rails? I'm mainly wondering as I'd love to have a MK18 style set up with this mod. If you don't plan to, don't feel pressured Ill just bug the guy who made the RU556 to make that compatable with this haha.

My other questions is on paintjobs and optics. Will there be paintjobs? And I'm fairly curious to know about the optics you've added and if you plan to add more. The ones I can see in the main post look promising!

Thanks for all your hard work! I can't wait to see this mod continue to grow and eventually come to fruition! I think everyone would agree when I saw we appreciate it

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone. :smile:

I'm trying something different with the Silver SMG's black paint:

- Thompson SMG 11

- Thompson SMG 12

I'm on the fence about the black paint. I definitely think it's a good idea, but I would have gone with a bit less weathering so the brown doesn't interrupt the grayscale look quite so much. If anyone wants to change it, they can do it themselves once it's released; personally I'd rather leave the author alone and learn/practice a skill doing it myself.

Those screenshots look awesome btw. It's long enough between posts of them that I forget how high quality the content is and keep getting surprised.

Yeah, I thought I'd have another go at it, as above, since the brown wood disrupting the black and silver colour scheme was bothering me a little too. So now it has another coat of silver-grey, somewhat shiny paint beneath the black layer. I'm still not sure about it, but I think it does look better than before.

Hi Antistar, like others Ive been following this for a while and I love the work you've done! Honestly can't wait for this to he released! I do have a few questions however. If these were answered in the thread already sorry, although I try to keep up with it the thread is pretty long.

For the AR-15 do you plan/ have you already added RIS II style rails? I'm mainly wondering as I'd love to have a MK18 style set up with this mod. If you don't plan to, don't feel pressured Ill just bug the guy who made the RU556 to make that compatable with this haha.

My other questions is on paintjobs and optics. Will there be paintjobs? And I'm fairly curious to know about the optics you've added and if you plan to add more. The ones I can see in the main post look promising!

Thanks for all your hard work! I can't wait to see this mod continue to grow and eventually come to fruition! I think everyone would agree when I saw we appreciate it

I'd have to significantly re-tool a bunch of existing weapon mods in order to implement RIS II rails, so I'm not planning that, sorry. As it is, you can configure the AR-15 to be pretty close to a MK18 - but not exactly like one.

Alternate paint-jobs are theoretically pretty easy for me to set up in Substance Painter, but they would balloon the mod's file-size out like crazy - and with the addition of the Thompson assets it's already up to ~650 MB compressed. There's a reason Niero separates them out into optional downloads for his mods. :wink: So I'm hesitant at the moment, but we'll see what happens in the future.

As for optics, I'll copy-paste from my weights document since it has a convenient list:

Accupoint scope        0.8
C79 scope        1.521
Nydar Gun Sight        0.9

Weight with batteries:
AN/PVS-4 Starlight scope    4.132
Heads-up reflex sight    0.276
C-More Railway sight    0.428
EOTech 552 Holo-sight    0.814
There are a few others too - specific to certain weapons like the Barrett M107 and Mini-14 though.

As for optics, I'll copy-paste from my weights document since it has a convenient list:

Accupoint scope        0.8
C79 scope        1.521
Nydar Gun Sight        0.9

Weight with batteries:
AN/PVS-4 Starlight scope    4.132
Heads-up reflex sight    0.276
C-More Railway sight    0.428
EOTech 552 Holo-sight    0.814
There are a few others too - specific to certain weapons like the Barrett M107 and Mini-14 though.

Sounds great! What reticle will the C79 have? The M249 reticle or the M4? Also, is there a chance we may see an ACOG, Aimpoint T1 or a Spectre DR for general use? I know you've already got a lot on your plate but I think these go along with the purpose of the mod as well

Changing scope reticles in FO4 is kind of a pain, unfortunately. Unlike FO3/FNV where a scope reticle was just a nif file you could point at, there's now a set selection of reticles embedded in a flash file. As I understand it, you can replace those existing ones by editing and replacing the whole flash file, but adding new ones in addition to that selection is more difficult.

There's a framework out there that lets you add new reticles but I haven't looked into it too much, and it would be another required mod for WARS. It's a truth universally acknowledged that people get pissy if you ask them to use too many pre-requisite mods. ;) The framework also requires F4SE, making it definitely definitely PC-only.

Anyway for the C79 I'm using "8 - Modern Rangefind" on that list, since it's the closest to the M4 reticle. At this stage that's basically what I've done with the reticle selection across WARS as a whole; just chosen the reticles that are closest to the real thing for each scope as possible.

I originally wanted an ACOG instead of the C79, but couldn't find a good enough resource for it - while there was a good one available for the C79. As a matter of fact it was almost going to be this Spectre instead, before I settled on the C79. I am trying to go for older technology in WARS where possible - rather than super tacticlol stuff.

I'm not adding new stuff just for the sake of it, so the optics you mention are all possible, but would likely only happen if there was a good reason for it. E.g. if I added a weapon with dimensions that would really suit the Aimpoint T1 as opposed to another sight I've already implemented in the mod.

Hola, Antistar, ¿cómo está tu mod? ¿Se está moviendo a un buen ritmo? Sigan con el buen trabajo, espero con ansias su mod, va a ser espectacular :-)

Edited by ZOMKILL

There's a framework out there that lets you add new reticles but I haven't looked into it too much, and it would be another required mod for WARS. It's a truth universally acknowledged that people get pissy if you ask them to use too many pre-requisite mods. :wink: The framework also requires F4SE, making it definitely definitely PC-only.

The scope framework doesn't have to be a hard requirement, you can set up the weapons to use the vanilla scopes and also make a a set of custom ones yourself and if people install and use that framework the custom scopes will override the vanilla ones, currently the biggest limitation with the scope framework is that the overlays have to be vector images created in illustrator or flash but they are currently working on trying to get bitmap formats to work.

Hola, Antistar, ¿cómo está tu mod? ¿Se está moviendo a un buen ritmo? Sigan con el buen trabajo, espero con ansias su mod, va a ser espectacular :-)

I'm currently working on the SA80. Previously only the absolute basics were done; enough for Hitman to do the animations. Now I'm tidying up the meshes and textures, making sure everything fits together (e.g. all its weapon mods), that sort of thing. I just gave it a threaded barrel like the AR-15, so it can actually support having no muzzle device - rather than just ending with a hole in the geometry since the resource wasn't designed with it not having the flash hider attached in mind.

I also just tweaked the SUSAT scope a bit to make it fit properly (so that's another scope that will be included in the mod, come to think of it).

On top of that I'll be making the L22 and L86 barrel/handguard pieces too; from scratch, but it shouldn't be too hard.

The scope framework doesn't have to be a hard requirement, you can set up the weapons to use the vanilla scopes and also make a a set of custom ones yourself and if people install and use that framework the custom scopes will override the vanilla ones, currently the biggest limitation with the scope framework is that the overlays have to be vector images created in illustrator or flash but they are currently working on trying to get bitmap formats to work.

Ah, okay - thanks. Like I said, I hadn't looked at it too closely. ;)

That doesn't sound too bad then. We'll see if I get time at some point to add appropriate reticles.

Greetings antistar, I've been following this mod for some time now, it seems quite great.

Since you said that you now have started (or continued) working on the SA80, I figure this is a decent time to ask this.

Will the SA80 have its bayonet available as a weapon mod?

I quite like bullpups and bayonets, so will it be possible to combine the two?

I'm guessing the bayonet model and texture would have to be done from scratch, I don't think I have ever seen an SA80 bayonet resource anywhere,

so I can't blame you if you don't think it's worth including.

(In fact, I don't think i have ever seen an SA80 bayonet in any other game either actually, not that that fact matters.)

(Though I haven't exactly searched extensively for one, there might be one somewhere.)

Another question relating to bayonets, will they be available as separate melee weapons, like in the AKM mod or most of asXas' weapon mods?

I'm guessing no, but I might as well ask.

Either way, fantastic work on everything I've seen of this mod.

Edited by Tenurialrope3