[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

Hey antistar. I've been following this for a while and it only now really occurred to me the sorts of things you could do with the AR platform on here and thought maybe I'd suggest adding the various receiver conversions available to the gun. Most notably the .50 Beowulf :D That would be so damn awesome to have as a receiver upgrade, and even better if it were a unique variant to find in a scavenger hunt or something. ^^ As you could imagine it's an AR-15 with a massive kick from that .50 Beowulf round. Could have a craftable Beowulf round you'd have to make for yourself or otherwise find as really rare loot or as expensive (and rare) ammo from high level weapons only vendors (I.e. Cricket) with semi and full auto conversions, obviously. High recoil and additional weight sound like fair balancing. And naturally only up to 10 per mag (as per real life standard) with idk.. maybe an extra five rounds on an extended. I really hope it's something you'll consider. I'm sure a lot of people would love it and, I know I myself have a bit of a fetish for this gun and its almost obscene stopping power. Could be fun. :3

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings again antistar, I just read post #1327 fully (I just skimmed it earlier), so, nice to hear that you got permission. :smile:

In regards to the bayonet weapon and weapon mod conversation, I personally would advocate for separate bayonet weapons even if it's an unscripted integation, I'm used to such from a lot of other mods.

Would the M7 and (SA80) L3A1 bayonets, if they were available as separate weapons, have any weapon mods themselves?

Because if they didn't, that would from what I'm hearing (reading), simplify any potential scripting.

Though one would then either have to remove any weapon modding potential on the combat knife, or just accept that inconsistency,

which I would be able to, but I don't know how common that sentiment is/would be.

Ultimately, of course, I'm speaking out of ignorance here, and it's not my choice to make anyway.

Now, I have some other questions regarding the SA80.

(Sorry if I'm being too interrogative here or too early for any solid answers, as I said, I like bullpups, and the SA80 is the one such gun in this mod, so I'm quite interested in it.)

Is the L123A2 / AG36 underbarrel for the SA80 still something that's going to happen?

Will the SA80 be as customizable as the AR-15, excluding the buttstock?

This is a pretty specific one, which fore-ends will have accessory rails?

Regardless, great work on all this.

I have actually been thinking that bayonet weapons could simply have no weapon mods, yeah. The vanilla "M2" bayonet does look slightly different to the M2 Combat Knife - since it has a muzzle ring and the Combat Knife doesn't - so potentially I could add what's essentially a duplicate of the Combat Knife, but with the muzzle ring and no associated weapon mods. I'd also have the M7 and L3A1 bayonets available as weapons too if I did this.

On the scripting side of things, if the OnContainerChanged event fires correctly when a loose mod MiscItem is added to the player's inventory as a result of an omod being detached from a weapon in the weapon modification menu, that should make it a pretty simple script to write. Otherwise it might be... more annoying to script. I don't know, I'll give it a try when I get a moment. If anyone has any insight into this though, feel free to let me know. ;)

I'd love to include the L123A2 under-barrel grenade launcher, but it will only happen if I can get animations for it. Currently the SA80 has animations for everything but that. The placeholder models/textures for the L123A2 are still in there, but won't be available to the player by default.

The SA80 will be nearly as customisable as the AR-15, come to think of it. Just without the grenade launcher and with less butt-stock options; those are the main differences. I think I will have two options for the butt-stock; one being "standard" and the second being with the addition of the flip-up wire shoulder support thing from the L86 LSW; not sure what it's called.

The L22A2 and L85A2 barrels/forends have accessory rails - so both can accept laser sights and tactical lights. The L85A2 forend also accepts a vertical grip (while the L22A2 forend comes with a vertical grip as standard). This means that the carbine (short) and assault rifle (medium) barrel lengths have RIS options, but the "long" barrel option - the L86 LSW - doesn't.

Hey antistar. I've been following this for a while and it only now really occurred to me the sorts of things you could do with the AR platform on here and thought maybe I'd suggest adding the various receiver conversions available to the gun. Most notably the .50 Beowulf :D That would be so damn awesome to have as a receiver upgrade, and even better if it were a unique variant to find in a scavenger hunt or something. ^^ As you could imagine it's an AR-15 with a massive kick from that .50 Beowulf round. Could have a craftable Beowulf round you'd have to make for yourself or otherwise find as really rare loot or as expensive (and rare) ammo from high level weapons only vendors (I.e. Cricket) with semi and full auto conversions, obviously. High recoil and additional weight sound like fair balancing. And naturally only up to 10 per mag (as per real life standard) with idk.. maybe an extra five rounds on an extended. I really hope it's something you'll consider. I'm sure a lot of people would love it and, I know I myself have a bit of a fetish for this gun and its almost obscene stopping power. Could be fun. :3

Sorry, probably not. I said a while back that I didn't want to add relatively obscure/specific/etc calibres just for the sake of it. It would basically have to be very conspicuous in its absence (e.g. no 9x19mm even though there's a Glock) for me to want to add new calibres.

I believe WARS is also supposed to overhaul the perks in Fallout 4, right? If so, what mindset are you going for to balance and overhaul the very perks in the game? I don't remember if you actually went into details about that or not.

Edit: Never mind. I just noticed that you edited one of your first few posts a while back to go into details about the perks. Sorry.

Edited by TacticalOchoa

Wonder what sort of guns and combat-related mechanics Fallout 76 is gonna bring to the table. You might have to work your magic on it if it ends up like Fallout 4, Antistar.

Hopefully, if nothing else, the file formats are compatible so we can start porting stuff right away without remaking anything other than the .esps.

Wonder what sort of guns and combat-related mechanics Fallout 76 is gonna bring to the table. You might have to work your magic on it if it ends up like Fallout 4, Antistar.

Hopefully, if nothing else, the file formats are compatible so we can start porting stuff right away without remaking anything other than the .esps.
You read my mind. If it's as easy to port mods from 4 to 76 as it was to port from 3 to NV, I'm probably going to spend the first few days after release just porting over all of my favorite weapons, outfits, etc. I'd crap a serious pile of bricks if Antistar managed to give us a simultaneous 4 and 76 release, although I am by no means expecting or anticipating it. The amount of work you've accomplished on this project so far is just staggering, and hopefully even the most self-entitled beggars wouldn't ask for more.

Any chance of releasing a "less complete" version? I, for one, am not really interested in an overhaul, especially one that flat-out replaces many weapons and that other weapon mods "won't play nice" with it and will need a compatibility patch.

Thanks everyone. :)

The SA80 is coming along well. The L22A2 barrel/forend modelling is done; high-poly, low-poly and UVW. Same with the 1989 experimental L22 barrel/forend - and in turn the L86 rear vertical foregrip since it was used as part of that experimental version. Actually I was thinking just today that I might have that L86 rear vertical grip as part of the L86 "butt-stock" weapon mod rather than the L86 barrel mod. It's in that general area and makes it a bit more substantial than just that flip-up wire thing.

I'm in the middle of modelling the L86 handguard (which is also the 1994 experimental L22 handguard). It's a bit more complicated than I first thought, but I got a big chunk of it done today. After that will be the L86 barrel (and big attached support strut - sans bipod since we can't actually use those in FO4), L86 wire butt-stock thing, and the bayonet. Then I can start texturing.

Any chance of releasing a "less complete" version? I, for one, am not really interested in an overhaul, especially one that flat-out replaces many weapons and that other weapon mods "won't play nice" with it and will need a compatibility patch.

No, not from me. WARS is an overhaul, and it's like Moldy said there. Please see the FAQ in the second post for more info on that.

Damn, I really wish Bethesda had put that MG42 in FO4... the void for a true machine gun of some kind is huge. Without doing an actual belt that belt-in-drum battlepack "magazine" is probably the best way to do belt feds at the moment.