BioWare: Next Dragon Age Will Draw From Skyrim

JimboUK

Dragon Age should draw on Dragon Age #1

It's Bioware's creation, and was completely destroyed in Dragon Age 2 by EA

Bring back classes and races to play, I hate getting a "choice" in DA2 of Male or Female HUMAN Thief, Warrior or Mage

The character choices were much better in DA1

After playing ME1 and ME2, I'm really afraid of what ME3 is going to be like.

I greatly enjoyed Dragon Age: Origins as well as the Mass Effect games. Bioware is unparalled at weaving a compelling narrative. That said, I am also greatly enjoying Skyrim and the wide open world that it offers. If Bioware draws on the strengths of Skyrim and DA:O for the next Dragon Age game, we will all be winners.

We don't have to be like the Star Trek vs. Star Wars nerds. We can have and enjoy a good RPG from whomever it comes.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/12/dragon-age-3/

Skyrim took years, I doubt Electronic Arse will give them the time to make anything close to it.

Electronic Arse omfg lol

Yeah damn auto-correct. :unsure:

Dragon Age should draw on Dragon Age #1

It's Bioware's creation, and was completely destroyed in Dragon Age 2 by EA

Bring back classes and races to play, I hate getting a "choice" in DA2 of Male or Female HUMAN Thief, Warrior or Mage

The character choices were much better in DA1

After playing ME1 and ME2, I'm really afraid of what ME3 is going to be like.

This is what I was thinking, they don't need to look at other developers, they only have to look at what they used to produce. They have the talent there, if they'd only concentrate on what they do well and stop chasing the Call of Duty crowd they'd produce better games that more people will want to buy.

I just wish they'd quit copying each other entirely. I see so many parallels between recent games from these two companies that it's driving me crazy. Bethesda and Bioware should just go on and collaborate on a game since they're copying each other so extensively.

I just wish they'd quit copying each other entirely. I see so many parallels between recent games from these two companies that it's driving me crazy. Bethesda and Bioware should just go on and collaborate on a game since they're copying each other so extensively.

<old man pants>

I agree, it's like EA has this idea of a "Universal Interface" for all the games, because I'm starting to not be able to tell the difference between games,

because they're all starting to look, and play the same.

DA1 and ME1 needed some strategy and also had a lot more on the screen as far as interface went,

along come the "E-A-ification" of Bioware Games, and all of a sudden ME2 and DA2 have big EZ-Reader™ Fisher-Price minimalistic interfaces, and

they have both become more "Button-Masher" friendly, everything that made your character your own in ME1, was dumbed down to about 4 skills,

and DA2 'attributes' were just pretty much just generic things to boost for each character without doing much.

Both ME2 and DA2 were very short, (not something usually said about a Bioware game) but everybody raved about the graphics.

Well, I keep saying that the better they make the graphics, the more content they have to get rid of, so that the games will fit across the console and the PC.

Who needs content anymore when you can slap a bunch of empty achievements that half of are based on "Scavenger Hunts" or "Easter Egg Hunts" in a game?

Who needs to write an in-depth quest when you can just write a random MMORPG quest of "Collect 20 of these and bring them back to me" quests,

and to award an Achievement when the quest is done.

So yea, Games are LOOKING better and better, but the game play is in direct inverse to the graphics nowadays.

Bard's Tale II: Destiny Knight, came on a 5 1/4 floppy disc for my C-64, it took me 7 months to finish it, nowadays,

game manufacturers brag about how many hours of game play their games feature.

</old man pants>

Dragon Age was a really solid RPG/Adventure game that was completely gutted and turned into the hideous console-friendly button masher that was Dragon Age 2. A game with zero depth, zero characterization, and laughably lazy design where every dungeon, road, cave, tunnel, etc, looked like the one before it. It was a damned shame is what it was. :facepalm:

I'd love to see BioWare expand the world created in the original and do something "open world" with it (I'd also love to see the same thing happen with The Witcher games, but that series also seems to be leaning toward the consoles, with simplified mechanics and zero mod support for PC players), but, as others have noted, EA isn't known for giving teams a lengthy period to craft great games.

Edited by horrorview