BioWare: Next Dragon Age Will Draw From Skyrim

JimboUK

Bioware should focus on story and character development. That is what they do best.

Exactly, they should play to their strengths, not embarrass themselves with all this "Awesome Button" nonsense. I do feel sorry for the ordinary developers who have no choice but to follow instructions from the idiot project leads, it must hurt to have people laugh at your work.

Bioware will get it right next time. I also don't see why people hate DA2 so much. I beat DA2 about five times. I only beat Origins once.

Also, I've also seen a lot of "Skyrim is bad" topics. Why would Bioware copy from Skyrim if lots think it is bad? (I personally think it is as good as Morrowind)

Bioware will get it right next time. I also don't see why people hate DA2 so much. I beat DA2 about five times. I only beat Origins once.

Also, I've also seen a lot of "Skyrim is bad" topics. Why would Bioware copy from Skyrim if lots think it is bad? (I personally think it is as good as Morrowind)

DA2 takes place in ONE City.

DA1 took place in several cities and the entire map of the countryside.

Did you see the Copy and Paste Dungeons in DA2?

90% of the time you were in the exact same dungeon as before, but some doors were sealed off and new ones were opened, and they didn't even bother to hide all the area of the dungeon you could see on your map but couldn't get to because it was supposed to be "A different dungeon", yet the map was EXACTLY the same as the last one.

Enemies spawning right out of thin air was another reason DA2 gets a thumbs down from me.......an RPG that respawns stuff right in front of you during a fight?

And I'm sorry, but I couldn't stand some of the awful stereotypical "ripped from manga/anime Final Fantasy cliche companion characters" like that whiny skinny angst-ridden guy with the runes all over him with the gigantic sword......I never used him because of that.

Did you ever think that you beat DA2 Five Times because there wasn't much to the game story-wise and that it was just a quick button-masher you could plow through in a few hours?

DA had a long involved story and wasn't a button masher, that's the reason you beat DA once, because it's a long involved game that takes a long time to work through the entire epic story.

DA2 is more of an action game than an RPG, and can be finished relatively quickly, that's why you managed to go through it 5 times.

Dragon Age 2 is sort of an oxymoron, citing Skyrim on the walkable/movable/explorable game area.

While it would be great to have expansive environment, I wouldn't want the same if BioWare couples Skyrim type exploration with the really bad cartoonist type light speed fighting techniques. (really....shooting firebolts between the legs from the edge of a staff by swirling it 3 times, or slashing a sword faster than the speed of light, New meaning to rogue's teleporting behind enemy_AKA backstabs and many more).

Also I just don't get it, BioWare develops RPG games based on DnD with great story and Skyrim is a sandbox based RPG; which is entirely different. Whats there to draw, apart from sales numbers?

Edited by Anarki_Hunter

I'm afraid they lost me with DA2, even if there is another DA it would be a long while before I would consider getting it after release. They need to step back and take a good look at Origins again (in my opinion) and just forget DA2 completely then build up from that. Unfortunately, as many have already said here, the new games are produced as 'de-tuned' games for the out dated consoles (of any format) and not taking full advantage of the technology available for PC, this is why I like TW2 so much, it was made for the PC and it shows. Does it not make sense to create a game for the PC and then De-tune it for the consoles? I guess I must have missed something somewhere. BioWare has a talented staff and if they would/could take the time to re-build the Dragons Age world and come up with something fresh, they could turn this thing around. I would hate to see them mimic Skyrim as I feel the Dragons Age could loose it's individuality as a game in it's own right.

None the less, even if another DA is announced, I for one will not even be remotely excited. Skyrim (even with some of the issues) took many years to produce, and we have a high quality game to enjoy and get lost in. The suits at EA will not allow BioWare the time to make it right, that bottom line is far more important.

They should stop trying to "change" things that work perfectly fine to try and grab more people ( aka "sell mooore")

I honestly dont understand why they all struggle so much when they have a perfectly fine example of HOW TO DO THINGS right in front of em.

Blizzard. Take a successful concept, and IMPROVE IT. Dont change it's basic structure, just IMPROVE IT. Billions of lovely dollars flowing in.

DA2 was utter s***.

Uninspired, confusional, bad storyline ( borderline senseless), limited.

They want to make a good Dragon Age ? One that will sell A LOT ?

Look at Dragon age 1. Look at Baldurs Gate.

Done ? Ok. Now make it console friendly. Im talking about interface and flow, not the f***ing mechanics. DO. NOT. TOUCH. THE. CORE.

(btw, can someone PLEASE eplain to me why the f*** on consoles you couldn't use bird-eye view in DA1 ???)

Done ? Simple enought right ?

Bravo, you just made a great game that will keep on selling over the years because it's JUST THAT GOOD.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor they can keep on trying to appease their idea of "console player" and make another useless piece of crap.

Ofc i'd LOVE nothing more than a deep rpg unlimited by potential "console" use, but that's a tad unrealistic.

Only ones that pulled it off are the guys at Blizzard, and they didnt make any rpgs.