CTDs issue on specific area. Needs help troubleshooting.

MrAlexKing96

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here, we had an indecent, of this, I was able to figure out the exact issue due to over saturation of code because I had worked out the spot in question.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5157755-crashing-in-the-exact-same-spots-in-and-around-red-rocket-and-concord/page-2&do=findComment&comment=45571100

you look over the thread and keep in mind what the thread's issue was about. This thread is the very same instance of this occurrence.

but on the other thread, there was no object "visible" that you could lay blame on any one mod. But the solution was only 98% effective, none the less, it was a solution for that targeted area.

Now, to look into things from an outsiders point of view, I am not aware of your status or in-game XP, or Time based on a complaint, what I am aware of is how the game operates, what is taking place IF I am provided enough information to formulate a hypothesis: base on the complaint.

The reason I do not require all the mods for an effected area is because all those mods "draw from" the source materials.

All I need to fix an issue is that source materials for a given location.

with information to extrapolate the source of the effected areas as seen in this discussion here:

Abernathy2.jpg

we worked together to Isolate the spot in question, because nothing of game breaking details were present, it led us to a shared assets usage, you not being aware of from what or why, we continued to work it out and get exact concordance of the spot. there were NO walls, No triggers, just nothing one might think came from a mod.

but what I did not show you was the why of it. All I did was verify by trial and error on a system I have no access to using the default code from my machines source materials of what should be there and adjusted the objects accordingly. the results as I said, were not 100% complete, 99% on target for the instance complained about was the result.

a reply and response on an unknown target told me the what. There is no cell dividers visible to you on that location ,how ever, you assumed it might have been a divider, cell transition location, but it was not.

what is IS , are objects in world spaces used by a mod as a shared asset not even in /with in that cell.

Some one pops in and contradicts this and I did walk away. Not knowing what the correct procedural OPP to eliminate and or isolate the issue.

That was on another thread unrelated to this discussion but is related to information.

IF you are NOT a modder? stay out of the discussions. Mod authors need clear heads from those that know whats going on. Not assumptions.

" All assets with any game from this publisher are shared on game launch" IF the data is there, the game engine is going to load all of it period.

Any string, scripts, cells /world space locations will draw that data with in the circle, Panoramic cameras the Player character is.

there is nothing behind the actor, just void space. Data loads into this space, it's compressed data. any uncompressed data will load the engine up, over saturate the engines visual parsing. IF there is too much of it, you start to get problems.

Dumbed down explanation as I can make it.

What I can say is, I type out ,take the time to attempt in my own way to share what knowledge I can about any subject from experiences, some of those are present here on this site.

Combinations of data of incorrect formats WILL cause undue harm to a players game archive. a players game archive is a database the engine uses to store all information gathered during a session> that data base is your saved game file. It contains all relevant information I need to extract the issues problems from or determine where or what might be an issue.

There is not going to be any wonder mod or "Patch" to fix it all. each "machine" will be different.

I look for things every one ignores or has no clue as to what things do. You can assume all you want, assumptions mean nothing if the information is NOT there to inspect.

What I hate if personal feelings get involved is assuming too much from what I type out.

I hate ports done incorrectly, I hate software bugs created by assumptions.

I hate having to back up what I say because of an issue no one has a clue how to solve.

Troubleshooting shooting has nothing to do with assumptions, it has to do with facts.

1. Fact # 1. There is only one source for all of this data, there should not be any other.
  2. Fact # 2. Rip apart the source code and inject incorrect formats into it breaks the games functions.
  3. Fact # 3. No one is absolutely correct because there are no two machines IN the PC world Identical.
  4. Bugs are produced by incorrect formats
  5. Facts are correct information of full disclosure under conditions the games software was designed to run under.
  6. we are dealing with a ported game to start with. there's going to be problems.

Kitty

I think it's rather difficult and misleading to blame it on one particular mod, since reading through all the different CTD issues, there doesn't seem to be any common denominator.

Location, Objects Overwritten ,Abundance of Objects of same But changed <><>--->< back and forth, or wrong formats combined.

each instance loads up on cell activation and causes Bloat for a targeted point in world space.

Default vanilla, Time can also do it. There is quest strips unfinished and each time a reset bug hits on the effected areas..it starts all over and gets worse with each passing moment.

Things unseen but in direct conflict or is part of the normal routines "edited" by the combination there of.

Remove, isolate or move the objects that trigger the events and it all goes away.

How many copies of a world space can be duplicated before it becomes obvious the saturation's are too much?

-------------------

@xheox: the site "mega" you chosen is not the same site I use. That site is mega upload and is not the correct site.

I'll get it's home page and you can try again. but I advise any one here not to click on the above likes of MEGA uploads. incorrect place.

https://mega.nz/#F!W0VwELQb!zt2sRhLrWwPnaovLOC3zKg

Edited by xheox

Well took me a while to figure out how to share the MEGA file to public, i think you already know but you need to manual hightlight and copy the link then paste to the new TAB to get full access to the LInk, otherwise you would need to copy the red line ( which is the key) if you click to the direct link (which is white washed but still active for some reason), i cant seems to find a way around this, its complicate.

And the site(megafileupload) i choose to upload my Save file in those comments above is simply just another Uploaded site beside Mega nz, its pretty popular too, i downloaded stuff from it all the time, i dont get why you suggest ppl not to use that page, it dont have virus or anything like that, certainly not my file. It fast, free and less complicated, easy to share for public place.

Edited by xheox

Because the site you chose delivers spam.

Currently the site chosen by my self for you requires that you provide an encryption key other wise the data can not be downloaded.

Other than non access, it only shows how strong the safety part is there.

Edit the Link application in MEGA page, select full. copy it and paste it to a new tab, once the tab opens copy the entire address from the browser window and paste it here using nexus link app that looks like a chain with a small green ball on it.

Because the site you chose delivers spam.

Currently the site chosen by my self for you requires that you provide an encryption key other wise the data can not be downloaded.

Other than non access, it only shows how strong the safety part is there.

Edit the Link application in MEGA page, select full. copy it and paste it to a new tab, once the tab opens copy the entire address from the browser window and paste it here using nexus link app that looks like a chain with a small green ball on it.

the key code is the red line right next to the link.

Obtained the data, communication is important, understanding it is a whole new ball game.

transferring the data to my online BBS windows 10 64bit system and rebooting.

I'll be Back ! :laugh: :cool:

Well thanks god, this MEGA is driving me crazy.

1. 239 mods installed as counted.
  2. Settlement Object Expanded pack installed. < prone to error in this case.
  3. Increased settler pop installed < ah ? yeah, I can only imagine the load placed on the games engine at this point.
  4. AKI - colorful tree's installed "a floral mod" cell overload considering the amount of mods installed.
  5. AKA Water world < a world space Overload mod same as above, over loads the games engine. In this combination and game limits.
  6. Build high Expanded settlements > possible massive world space conflicts here.

---------------