[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

behippo

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My best guess is that, IF they are have a delay, they will keep it quiet. And just ignore us.

Because there are some blind, foolish people out there, that can't comprehend that this takes time... And they will whine and quote them; "you said mid-March" etc etc

This drama is getting to old. I'm very happy to see all here are mature and calm about this. Most here understands how it is to code, and how to balance RL obligations vs hobbies / fun-stuff. It is never easy.

So I guess when we see that great modders are suddenly "pre-occupied with unknown projects" then we are getting close to a release.

I think SKSE-team would need a final closed-beta run with some large mods, just to see if it is time for beta release to public.

My best guess is that, IF they are have a delay, they will keep it quiet. And just ignore us.

Because there are some blind, foolish people out there, that can't comprehend that this takes time... And they will whine and quote them; "you said mid-March" etc etc

This drama is getting to old. I'm very happy to see all here are mature and calm about this. Most here understands how it is to code, and how to balance RL obligations vs hobbies / fun-stuff. It is never easy.

So I guess when we see that great modders are suddenly "pre-occupied with unknown projects" then we are getting close to a release.

I think SKSE-team would need a final closed-beta run with some large mods, just to see if it is time for beta release to public.

People will do that anyway, he can say there will be a delay, or not, people will do everything you said, anyway, so there`s no logic in not telling about a delay, unless they don`t care.

You should not discount a long wait for some SKSE dependent mods after SKSE64 is released.

​By "Long wait for some" I mean some very important ones - like HDT Physics Extensions.

Some of the mod authors of the most important mods may have moved on. Alternatively, it may be that it is not possible - or desirable - to structure the SKSE64 interface the same as the SKSE interface. And that would mean that some mods cannot be ported with a simple re-compile, but require a longer re-write.

There are many reasons why some very popular...I might even say "foundational" mods...may require quite a while before full capability is restored to the mod when running on Skyrim Special Edition.

Don't discount that possibility.

And Bethesda, if you are reading, please note that the popularity of the game, the number of mods dedicated to it, and the capability of the Script Extender for all your games are directly correlated. A company who wants to sell copies might find it profitable to think about why that is so.

HDT Physics Extensions is a dll file so realistically it could work without SKSE, it only uses SKSE has a Loader, not a Requirement. Work require to "Port" HDT, AFAIK is the equivalent making it from scratch. If some bright spark want it badly enough we would already have it. With out SKSE.

The fact that no one as step up, speak volumes, on how easy this is to do. Rebuild it that is. There's already dll files for SkyrimSE that don't use SKSE has a Loader. For this reason, I don't expect it any time soon. Anyone with the Skill Set to do this, knows this. So SKSE or lack of SKSE has nothing to with HDT not being in SkyrimSE.

HDT Physics Extensions is a dll file so realistically it could work without SKSE, it only uses SKSE has a Loader, not a Requirement. Work require to "Port" HDT, AFAIK is the equivalent making it from scratch. If some bright spark want it badly enough we would already have it. With out SKSE.

The fact that no one as step up, speak volumes, on how easy this is to do. Rebuild it that is. There's already dll files for SkyrimSE that don't use SKSE has a Loader. For this reason, I don't expect it any time soon. Anyone with the Skill Set to do this, knows this. So SKSE or lack of SKSE has nothing to with HDT not being in SkyrimSE.

And it isn`t really an important mod.